1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

edit; wrong thread

2. 426

426 Member

I was using my Ledger to stake ATOM/DOT, but its not "super simple". You will need to choose several validators (whatever they're called) if you have more than a handful of coins, and they do get "locked away" for 20+ days depending on the coin if you want to unstake them (to liquidate/move/whatever).

I have since moved them over to Kraken (yes its on exchange, and there are risks there also).

Nothing simpler. Just stake the coins there and you will get a bit less % than you would staking them yourself, however much more agile.
    Just a few minutes to unstake/trade when you're ready, and there are steady payouts every couple of days.

Kraken is just an example, there are more exchanges that also provide the same sort of service.
    Have had them there the last 6 months, and have staked/unstaked/traded quite a few times without issue.

3. Krossceeper

Krossceeper Member

Thanks for the reply, am looking into staking with Binance at the moment. Have never had any experience with Kraken but Binance I was on years ago. I have a lot of catching up to do with the crypto world.

4. 426

426 Member

Will be pretty much the same thing.
    On exchange, very basic, "not your wallet"
    One thing that is never mentioned to my knowledge, at least with Kraken, no slashing (again, to my knowledge).

Just read any notes/fine print on the assets you wish to stake. I am pretty sure months ago staking ETH with Kraken, it was "locked" but it may be different now.

5. r3s

r3s Member

Anyone know what all these things are, have seen them with those types of names popping up for a while now, all pump and dumps?

Screenshot_20211122-145846_Hotbit.jpg

6. illdrift

illdrift Member

7. r3s

r3s Member

Aaah right, way over my head :)

8. Slug69

Slug69 Member

This latest dip that occurred it seemed that Ethereum dropped the least amount and recovering faster than bitcoin.

This is just me looking at things on my phone, no spreadsheet analysis.

9. havabeer

havabeer Member

I half roughly track it via my nanopool mined amount.
    was at $500 USD worth
    dropped to like $460 USD
    few days later
    back up to $500 USD

must be going ok? (mining on a single 3080 so it armount doesn't exactly rocket up to skew to amounts)

Slug69 likes this.
  10. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Yeah noticed that too. ETH is down about 14% from its ATH, BTC - 20%, and I don't know what the fuck ADA is doing It didn't even really budge on this latest rally and is down 50% since its run up back in Sep. IT seems like there is a big buy wall around 3.9-4k for Eth. Will be interesting to see if it lasts.

I wonder how's those shit coins are going?

HEX has taken an absolute bath since Richard said it can only go up.

upload_2021-11-27_20-3-54.png

SHIB
    upload_2021-11-27_20-4-32.png

DOGE?
    upload_2021-11-27_20-5-47.png

Slug69 likes this.
  11. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

I suspect...

Hex might be one of those coins to buy at a huuuuuge discount during the next bear market, could go back to a cent or 2.

Like a dogecoin, something to watch anyway but yeah these sort of coins are extreme risk during bull market.

Edit: I think Cardano is like the 2017 version of LTC/XRP, recognizing those coins went up 100-400X.

For Cardano it did a 100x or so.

During the next cycle and recovery, Cardano is going to be similalary priced today and in 4 years, basically no growth.

Cold hard truth....

Too much competition.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    Slug69 likes this.
  12. bob05

bob05 Member

I'm thinking of playing around with an asic scrypt miner, I have read mixed reviews on many different sites, has anyone bought an asic miner with success?

13. Slug69

Slug69 Member

Try the non trading crypto threads.

14. rabih1978

rabih1978 Member

Get ready boys and girls, shiba will be listed on kraken today

dirkmirk likes this.
  15. havabeer

havabeer Member

probably shouldn't have sold some of it before last dip

16. rabih1978

rabih1978 Member

Theres always other coins
    KISHIMOTO INU has potential and the devs are very active. See the reddit section. I have 2 Trillion , topped up when it dropped right down and today its nearly doubled in price

There is also VVS , also has potential and still early to get in. Lunar (LNR) also has doubled in price today, Its gone up 1000% since i bought it

Offcourse, this is not financial advice.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  17. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Surprised you haven't felt the wrath of a certain member you can be the new sh!t/meme coin lord:lol:

Im gonna make a bold prediction, the DOG ETF will outpeform The basket of Etheruem competitors.

Solana, Cardano, Dot, Avax, Luna, Matic, equal split longer term loser strategy.

I reckon 50/50 into Doge & Shiba WILL outpeform the above.....

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  18. douver

douver Member

Yeah realistically it's the same problem as your memecoins, by the time they post about them - they're pretty much bad buys. Those small-cap memecoins have pump lifespans measured in hours rather than days. Looking back on the last few pages it kind of seems they have effectively all gone down after he mentions them.

19. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I'm going to go out on a limb here and take that as you are talking about me?

If you are, there is a very good reason they haven't "felt my wraith" as you say. None of them have claimed that the shitcoins they are trading are anything more than that. You have.

This is the trading thread, trade whatever the hell you want. But if you come in here shilling coins as the next best thing, expect to be pulled up on what you say. Things like claiming Elon and his brother were supporting Elongate is exactly what I am talking about here.

Truth be told I think it's a little shitty that people don't post their entries and exits like I did but I can't expect everyone to live up to my standards :lol:

Couldn't agree more and as above, no one posts their exits either. I am betting that a lot get too greedy and don't sell only to lose a lot if not all of their profits.

r3s likes this.
  20. rabih1978

rabih1978 Member

The smart thing to do is sell when it pumps, rebuy the same quantity when it dips. That way you dont loose your initial investment and you dont miss out if it ever moons

All the market is down at the moment anyways. Even some of the top 100 coins have been pumped and dumped . Nothing guaranteed in crypto regardless of the coin