1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Ethereum is looking great. It's ~200 off it's ATH
    upload_2021-12-1_9-18-1.png

There is a bit of talk, and like always contradicting views, saying that the market is going to tank at the end of DEC / beginning of Jan like we saw in 2017/2018.

What are you guys predicting? What do you think Q1 is going to bring to crypto?

1) Bullish ↑
    2) Crab →
    3) Bearish ↓

2. millen

millen Member

Yeah, have been watching ETH and wishing i had some, was just waiting for it to lower again before I bought, but it doesn't want to do that. haha.

Is ETH 2.0 a whole new coin/token or does it just run on the existing setup?

3. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

From my understanding it will be a fork. The new fork will become the main chain with a new consensus mechanism (PoS) and the old one will cease to exist due to a difficulty bomb making the old chain unusable.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    millen likes this.
  4. illdrift

illdrift Member

My understanding is hazy as well, but I recall something like the new current beacon (staking) chain becomes the backbone, and the current POW ETH chain and it's data become relegated to one of many shards surrounding the future ETH.

https://ethereum.org/en/eth2/shard-chains/

I don't really buy the whole 4 year cycle. If anything crypto seems to be driven by crashing interest rates, lack of faith in the system and broader public interest. ETH seems to be holding $4k astoundingly well, I guess that supply shock really is a thing. If there is a massive blow off top I could see markets die for a while, otherwise I guess we go with the usual stock market agenda of up and to the right over the medium term.

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  5. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

You know what?

I appologise for absolutely nothing in regards in regards to my "shilling" on elongate..

It went from no value & no use case to 800 million marketcap in a few weeks, the parabolic rise had the parabolic drop, profit takers all the way down.

You need to get this idea out of your head that I ever suggested Elon ever supported the coin I NEVER made that claim but you repeated that a couple of times now...

I always stated IF...

I did speculate that maybe he was involved because he's such an odd character you never know, speculation is something I'm guilty of.

Elon made a tweet of a drop and rocket, cum rocket doubles in value and don't forget all the stupid doge/Bitcoin related tweets.

I made the suggestion that having Kimbal Musk on Livestream was good marketing or thereabouts.

All it would've taken was Elon to pose a photo up against a gateway and that coin would've exploded, that's how stupid the crypto market is around Elon Musk tweets.

Elongate is still around, overvalued, undervalued, no idea but it does rely on trading volume for growth and I've repeated that the whole time.

Fat lady hasn't sung yet, the meme crypto market is huge but a hell of a lot riskier than traditional crypto, you absolutely should avoid if your risk averse, as for me I stand by my conviction and about a 25% loss on Elongate after all this hodling.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  6. r3s

r3s Member

Dogelon Mars was similar, i bought, sold at 2x , rebought when it dropped to 60~ , it then dropped to 5 , wasn't fussed as that initial $100 was a writeoff when it happened, it now sits at 2.5-3x my rebuy so after it all my current value is around $1000usd just holding it ( obviously wish i waited to rebuy at the low but you have to be happy with a certain level )

Obviously it is all worth absolutely 0 unless cashed out to a more solid coin or to fiat , because any exponential rise now would see it at a 20-30b marketcap which i dont think will happen, but i have pump and dump sell orders set all the way up with half of my stash just in case :)

7. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

and you know what, I never asked you too. I was explaining to you why you copped "my wraith" from your little underhanded comment where you didn't even have decency to mention me, are you scared? :lol:
    Elongate was just one example of many "shillmybags" attempts by you. I don't see anyone else doing it, just you and that's why I and others call you out on your shit. Let's be absolutely clear here, it's not just me calling you out, there's several of us.

8. Sciflyer

Sciflyer Member

Nice.

I had a reasonable holding of POWR back when it sat at .12 - .14 for ever, eventually spooked myself when i saw how concentrated the ownership was and sold out...

9. havabeer

havabeer Member

Whats with the dip?

10. 151528

151528 Member

Oops that's my bad, had to get some cashflow going

r3s likes this.
  11. douver

douver Member

There are some days I regret taking profit on a portion of my crypto, today is not one of those days.

12. lonewolf1983

lonewolf1983 Member

had a little bit of BTC I was gonna sell off yesterday, guess I'm holding it :lol:

13. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

2.3billion in leveraged positions got liquidated

PiNoY likes this.
  14. havabeer

havabeer Member

What does that mean for us simpletons in the back?

15. dakiller

dakiller (Oscillating & Impeding)

A lot of gamblers just spun up 00 and lost big time.

We can only buy the dip, or just wait it out.

I have some large financial obligations I need covered, and a few days ago reluctantly sold out a few Bitcoin, kinda glad I did that now.

connico likes this.
  16. RogerWiIco

RogerWiIco Member

haha double zero those European wheels don't fek u once but twice

17. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Skip to 9:00

TL:DW It can and often does causes a snowball effect.

18. illdrift

illdrift Member

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  19. havabeer

havabeer Member

So no lambo?

connico likes this.
  20. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

You haven't received your lambo yet? :lol: