1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. illdrift

illdrift Member

True yeah, I guess type of traffic doesn't particularly matter, even if the traffic has no genuine user case (only malicious).

I found the comments interesting regarding even epyc nodes with nvme drives having trouble maintaining sync. I'm still toying around trying to understand running my own ethereum nodes. The hardware specs to maintain it seem to have increased exponentially over the past 12-24 months.

I appreciate the clarification. It's interesting to hear about where software design issues translate into what is physically possible/scalable with hardware

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  2. munch0r

munch0r Member

The BSC node I run has 2 x 1.9TB NVME drives in RAID0. It's a mixture of CPU+NVMEs that help with maintaining sync for BSC, but this not really important right now because current network activity is about 1/2 of it's all time peak. The added functionality of 'diff sync' doesnt always help because only some blocks will come in as a diff sync block, a bunch of the other times your node will have to do the computations itself.

Ethereum nodes are one of easier ones to setup, so is Avalanche from my experience. Geth is relatively old and has so many inefficiencies and they just become blatantly obvious when it gets pushed to the limit. If you do enough research, you'll find that MEV operators will have forked versions of geth for the chain they are targeting, and they'll not only have good optimizations for normal node operations but also added functionality to significantly speed up their operations.

illdrift likes this.
  3. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

ZOMG!!!! Im fucking richer than Elon musk. WOOOOHOOOOOO. Just told my boss to shove it up his arse, left my wife and going to pick up a hot little 20 something. I'm going to buy the biggest fucking boat there is.

Oh and Ethereum flipped btc

upload_2021-12-15_8-3-14.png

4. rabih1978

rabih1978 Member

Can you adopt me lol

5. Sciflyer

Sciflyer Member

ACX collapsed like 2 years ago. i did a couple of trades on there before that point. Amusingly the website is still up (at least it was when i checked when this "news" broke)

SOmething happened to ETH this morning, i got an alert that the price dumped to $800 (which would explain it briefly overtaking BTC)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  6. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Sounds more like your alert api or some exchange issue. There hasn't been a price drop to 800 on any chart I can see? :confused:

7. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.coindesk.com/business/2021/12/17/justin-sun-is-retiring-from-tron-but-not-crypto/?outputType=amp

The Charlie Lee moment for Tron?

Not that's its relevant coin anymore but I've seen zero mention this entire bullrun.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  8. Current

Current Member

9. money_killer

money_killer Member

Killing it with wonderland time. Gotta love staking. 5 day rois

10. mr camouflage

mr camouflage Member

SHIB just got added to CoinJar, along with Fetch.ai (FET), Origin Protocol (OGN), Cartesi (CTSI), Orchid (OXT), Quant Network (QNT) and Audius (AUDIO)

11. pezzy

pezzy Member

where do i find the spin the wheel promotion binance is promoting right now?

edit: ah wait scrap that. looks like you got to put money down to play. thought it was a christmas gift sorta thing hehe.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  12. r3s

r3s Member

Dogelon up 33% today, did it get added to another exchange as well or "just crypto"?

13. havabeer

havabeer Member

Few others like cardano, shib and eth doing a slow climb as well

14. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

solana down again lol

15. lonewolf1983

lonewolf1983 Member

3 month low in BTC price - times like these i wish i had of been getting paid in ETH!

16. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

I think it can go lower.

Lower dammit LOWER

17. di_entropy

di_entropy Member

fud

[​IMG]

18. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

^ ask yourself - who is spreading the FUD?

19. di_entropy

di_entropy Member

If I had to guess, ETH/ADA maxi's who feel threatened by SOL's recent popularity and success

20. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member