1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. lxboston

lxboston Member

Is it not just the bigger investors moving money back into post pandemic industries like airlines, hotels, etc?

karnophage and t8y like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

The price dips every year around this time.

3. passwordistaco

passwordistaco Member

I’ll be loading up!

karnophage likes this.
  4. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

I'm thinking about the next cycle.

Could AVAX, SOL, MATIC, LUNA drop 95%+ and then do a 100X like Cardano did?

5. Growth

Growth Member

I'll continue mining the same hashrate, not going to put any more money into it though. I think the world economy is looking a little shaky at the moment, also that Ukrainian/Russia build up could have consequences should it go in the wrong direction.

t8y likes this.
  6. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

I would wait. ;)

That is what I think as well. After all, crypto is not "isolated" from its environment, e.g. the global economy and financial market.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  7. passwordistaco

passwordistaco Member

Love to hear/read your thinking. I must say my success in ‘timing’ these swings has been absolute pure luck. And I’ve never made complete use of it too

8. douver

douver Member

This accelerated selling can't keep up for too long (I reckon it ends this weekend sometime). Yeah we probably haven't bottomed just yet, but it's a little late to be hitting the panic button surely. Especially if it's based on what is essentially an idea to short the stock market, after the stock market has already dipped.

9. illdrift

illdrift Member

I get the feeling that all the smart contract stablecoins (aka debts) are 1/2 of what contributed to the 2021 crypto surge (aside from the 2020 fed printing, and changing narratives around the value of a mindlessly printed $).

Now we're starting to see what happens when all those on chain debts unravel. People who didn`t sell on the way up are getting liquidated on the way down at much worse prices, to clear out their debt positions. It`s what needs to happen to the share and housing markets, only thanks to the lack of regulation, we get to see it play out in crypto, where there is no government to prop up the market.

If you were looking at this from a tokenomics perspective, the amount of dollars flowing into crypto during 2021 must have been significant (and possibly the peak, unless the fed wants to increase the floating money supply exponentially again, from what was an already absurd amount in 2021).

It's certainly been a crazy crash course in economics, and patience.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  10. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

I think we agree its impossible to achieve optimal timing. Hence, with long term investing in mind, averaging is the way to go. My comment though was specifically meant for the current BC price level - which is considerably lower now already, than a few weeks ago. I think the downward trend will still continue for a while. Hence, I would wait - unless you start averaging over a longer period of time.

karnophage and passwordistaco like this.
  11. douver

douver Member

upload_2022-1-24_19-37-33.png

It's looking ugly as, the only good thing at the moment is that we didn't go up as far as 2017 - so I doubt we go down as far. At least for BTC/ETH anyway. Some altcoins maybe did go up that 100x though...

t8y likes this.
  12. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

The good thing is that BC went up that much since 2017, that we still have (despite a 50% drop so far from 2021) a lot of downward potential. Very comforting, indeed! :D

13. Alqemist

Alqemist Member

Anyone running algos? Mean reversion popped off last week.

14. Slug69

Slug69 Member

I am buying and buying with my mined BTC all the coins I have earned with before.

This is amazing.

Stock market serious jitters too at the moment.

All because of one dictatorial figure.

15. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

I'm fully bearish on crypto and expecting 90% drops for most altcoins from the peaks.

I'm eyeing off Litecoin for next year's block halving can it go below $30USD gut feel says it might crash below $20.

Biggest risk is that Litecoin is a proof of work coin just like bitcoin, the biggest threat is governments not liking them for the energy usage if they wanna spin that narrative.

16. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

Does doge coin still run off LTC mining?

17. Slug69

Slug69 Member

Recent 24 hour crypto changes look like Russian Stock market 24 hours:

CFD3F780-6EDE-439E-A99F-B5C4393C52F5.jpeg

18. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

I don't think this is the main reason. The 2021 drop of 50% wasn't also not related to a political event.

Slug69 likes this.
  19. Growth

Growth Member

upload_2022-1-25_13-23-40.png

Anyone here go the other route and invest in AMD or NVIDIA?

20. chainbolt

chainbolt Member