Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. papillon

papillon Member

Well unless crypto actually starts being used and proves it has a real life use-case and purpose, I think it's heading for a 'dotcom bust'. Which is why it's good to see companies like Ripple making actual progress and embarking on real life use of crypto, no matter if you like them or not or agree with their semi-centralization or whatnot. It's good for ALL crypto that there are at least some of them being used for more than just pure speculation and silly shit like crypto kitties.

Fingers crossed more coins start getting adopted and find real life usage and garbage like Verge gets wiped out asap. Thats the only way the crypto bubble can keep going IMO.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  2. nin82

nin82 Member

Coinjar does support ETH/XRP/LTC, although it would seem that only some accounts got this feature added.
    It is mentioned in the knowledge base that Coinjar will add it to all accounts this month.

Optimus. likes this.
  3. ksyap

ksyap Member

What's the real life use case for bitcoin?

IMO the whole cryptocurrency market is a bubble because people aren't recognising that they are buying for use not for investment. Meaning too many people see themselves as "investors" in the company.....but in reality this needs to be viewed similar to a crowdfunding economy. Meaning you're paying for a discount on a product that will be released at a higher price....nothing more... You're not investing in any company.

It's so so different from the dot com bubble where people were investing in actual companies (most that went bust and some like Amazon and eBay that recovered).

I don't see a use case for XRP for us (the public)... Only the institutions that are partnering with Ripple labs.... So why are we holding XRP? Are we hoping at some point the banks will want to buy XRP from us?

Haha...just internal ramblings.. I'm hoping to get out before the masses realise the above :p....for now I think the market still has room to grow....and when there's money involved..there's always suckers out there.

I'm waiting for the next total market dip right now....never fun when everything is green (over last 7 days)

4. papillon

papillon Member

Well I think most people agree that for now at least the only real use for BTC is as a store of value and it's really a kind of special case being the 'original' idea. So it will always be around no matter what. It's these thousands of other tokens that need to prove that they have a value in real life, they can't purely exist for speculation purposes (long term).

Having said that .. LN is coming, so that could turn things upside down once again. BTC could become as useful for daily transactions as it was originally envisioned to be.If it does that then I think the future of all crypto might be very bright indeed.

5. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

I don't hold much hope for any of the big coins longterm, its just ridiculous how often these coins are coming out of nowhere I mean look at Cardano that could topple Ethereum, then what?

Some other coin will take its place and so on, its very hard to see what the long term future is for any particular coin.

You only need to look at the coin supply and market cap, these coins are hitting huge numbers after the artificial scarcity is factored in and supply largely exhausted.

I better clarify my first sentence, when I say hope I mean ROI, we're in a bubble and buying something like Ripple at nearly 100 Billion cap for the hope of a "long term investment" could be a very, very bad idea, most of the top 10 coins are at the moon and so many people don't realise.

FuzwaldQO and ksyap like this.
  6. ksyap

ksyap Member

Been a relatively flat day so far? Bit of upwards movement, bit of downwards movement haha.

From graphs I think ADA might be gearing for another move....could be up/down. I'd recommend watching closely today...update to roadmap could go either way hahaha.

I'm hoping the total market drops down to 600Bil again soon. Then we can see some movement :)

7. clonex

clonex Member

How long does coinspot verification take, surely not two weeks? Signed up to btc markets but minimum $500 to dabble was a killer from the minister of finances :D

8. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

BTC used to have poli pay so 500 was not the minimum. Could you withdrawal an amount after the 500 deposit?

9. koss

koss Member

That's good to know, I think it might only be a preview of a service they intend to add.
    I have just enabled LTC on my CoinJar account as a test to check the exchange rates.

10. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Checked out Coinjar and it seems to be the most expensive out the 3 I looked at? Nearly 2k difference to coinbase?

11. ausduckz

ausduckz Member

I can't remember exactly when I signed up and took a photo of my mug etc, but I finally got verified Sat 30th, about 3 weeks, if not closer to 4.

12. clonex

clonex Member

F-k that, anyone got a referal ID they wanna PM for binance in hope that it actually ends in a email being sent after one signs up?

13. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

https://www.binance.com/?ref=15802617

14. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

My verification there took less than an hour ;)

15. ChiefBoss

ChiefBoss Member

hmmm, sold my XRP holdings. Had a limit sell set from last night for $3.20.

Looks likes it's getting some solid consistent gains at the moment. Maybe I should have been more proactive and had a look at things when I had time today. Oh well 8% is still 8%!!!

ksyap likes this.
  16. ChiefBoss

ChiefBoss Member

Got back in at $3.29.

Currently $3.45 on BTCM.

So tempting to sell again.

Would love some thoughts from you guys?

17. ksyap

ksyap Member

Total market cap looks steady at 700Billion now... Yikes... It was 550Billion just 3 days ago.

18. koss

koss Member

Yup, when the total trade volume is less than the market cap increase in a given period, you suddenly realize how bogus the metric really is.

ksyap likes this.
  19. Xassius

Xassius Member

Stellar (XLM) on a huge pump! What's the news?

20. shredder

shredder Member

That is the news.

But seriously, none. Unless you count it having had a sideways mention amongst a couple of bitcoin related articles in mainstream media.

It's a good project. But there's no new development today that's in any way proportional to it's price movement. Hence my initial sentence - the pump itself is the news. Pumpers on Bittrex* are driving it.

*ironic, as Bittrex supposedly banned a bunch of users and instituted rules against hard manipulation - but it is utterly rampant there, right this minute (watch the flash walls of 10-60 odd BTC constantly forcing the Stellar price up and down today, however they please, appearing and disappearing on a pumper's whim), and constantly in general.