Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. koss

koss Member

So Bitcoin goes up a bit yesterday to around $8,800 and most of the alts are down against it. The top dozen market cap alts are all down atm. I have positions in 5 of them so all I see is red. The day before, half the alts were following BTC up. Then overnight that stopped, like someone flicked a switch, and they started slipping down. How does that work?

2. clonex

clonex Member

Alts are all pump and dump bots

3. papillon

papillon Member

Never underestimate people's greed ... 24 hours ago I was gonna jump on the ZCL bandwagon expecting a rise but quickly changed my mind after reading this tweet https://twitter.com/HeyRhett/status/960010527387914240

I was like .."wait whaaat? Lol fuck this".. and forgot about ZCL/BTCP.

And now it's pumping hard and 50% up in 24 hours all because people want free BTCP's even though the "P" part of it is actually not part of the package, just the name.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  4. papillon

papillon Member

Tempted to jump in on ADA because its the only alt that I kinda expect to pump sooner rather than later .. Anyone know why its been so sluggish ? Was there any major negative news about it recently?

5. koss

koss Member

ETC pump due to Grayscale Investments, which has created a fund that holds ETC on behalf of fund shareholders.

6. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

OMG it's paps! Are you typing from a Caribbean island somewhere?

7. papillon

papillon Member

no, better.. from my own bed!! lol ...been on hols for 3 weeks. Looks like I didn't miss much other than ...the biggest crash since Mt Gox ? Hopefully things start picking up slowly. BTC seems somewhat stable since the $6k dip so that's a good start..

8. koss

koss Member

So, a bad day of trading alt coins for me, of the 16 coins I have, only 3 are green against BTC in the past 24hrs. and none of those is up over 2% up. ETC did do well earlier, so I sold that. BTC is up almost 5% against the USD to $8,800.

9. Stooge007

Stooge007 Member

are you trying to make short term gains or looking longer term though???

10. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Litecoin having a nice run but good to see Bitcoin bringing up the whole market.

Most of my holdings are in Bitcoin Cash & Peercoin, Im pretty bad with timing but I'm hoping BCH can have a good run and then flip back to Cardano, Peercoin I have no intention of selling.

The idea of Peercoin whilst not that popular its has a solid reputation, pretty disgraceful that its ranked 156 with sh!tcoins getting pumped all over the place, HOPEFULLY some logic stays with Peercoin and at least retains some value, personally I think its madness that something like Dogecoin is worth 7-8 times as much was a joke coin and is literally a litecoin clone / end rant.

Proof of stake is a bloody godsend for Cryptocurrency I'm hoping that when people research POS they at least consider the origins or pioneers, PPC has been going for 5.5 years with no significant issues and recently underwent a softfork that required 90%+ on the new client to reach consensus(which it achieved).

Like Bitcoin has proved the concept of decentralised cryptocurrency Peercoin has successfully shown that POS works but its gets next to no credit.

BTC & PPC are in the same boat, better coins have come along with better developers/followers but BTC retains that first mover advantage.

SO Im thinking Cardano will pump within the next couple of months but I'm also certain that BCH will give it a shake too, Im in it for big gains SO going to 100% switch from BCH to ADA at some point, no doubt my timing will suck but I have faith that Peercoin will come though.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  11. papillon

papillon Member

I believe LTC is up because of the Litecoin "Cash" fork that's coming up ... people just love their free airdrops, even if it's complete BS.

12. Tinian

Tinian Member

The predictable clampdown continues:

Agustin Carstens, the former longtime governor of Mexico’s central bank, who late last year became general manager of the Bank for International Settlements noted that a major cryptocurrency conference had declined to accept bitcoin as payment for the registration fee because it was too costly and slow. Only conventional money was accepted.

“If the only business case is use for illicit or illegal transactions, central banks cannot allow such tokens to rely on much of the same institutional infrastructure that serves the overall financial system and freeload on the trust it provides,” Carstens said.

“Accordingly, authorities are edging closer and closer to clamping down to contain the risks related to cryptocurrencies.”

13. shredder

shredder Member

They sound awesome.

[​IMG]

P.S. pls don't link to a subscription service.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  14. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Litecoin is only up because that was my sole holding and i swapped half for BTC.

I'm sorry everyone who i didn't tell first. You've missed the boat now.

15. Tinian

Tinian Member

If you're not their broker you don't owe them anything. ;)

16. papillon

papillon Member

Think XRP is about to get a decent bump in the next day or 2 ... WU just confirmed they're not just testing Ripplenet but also XRP for settlement

17. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Chris Larsen will rubbing his grubby little hands together with his massive 60% share.

Wonder how many people are going to get burnt this time?

18. papillon

papillon Member

FUD was January, welcome to February ... suck it up princess, you chose wrong.

19. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Lol suck what up? Do you actually listen to the nonsense coming out of your head?

I didn't buy at .26, I didn't buy at $1, I didn't buy at 2 or 3 and most certainly don't look at it as a bargain when it crashed back to $1. In fact I wouldn't invest in xrp at any price. It's a conscious decision ROFL. Oh and btw people have been fudding XRP way longer than your short 2 month dabble in the crypto world.

20. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Yeah that's not how it works champ, this is the crypto thread and I can talk positively or negatively about any coin I like especially shitcoins like xrp. If it gets your panties in such a little knot simply put me on ignore, I will not be so easily offended.

dirkmirk likes this.