Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. papillon

papillon Member

Should have stayed in BNB ..I'd be up 30% Think it's safe to say, BNB is the only sure thing in this market ... bet on the house and all.

And Verge ...holy shit, anyone been following this shit show ? First they announce 'biggest crypto partnership' is to be ...announced... after they get $3.5M from the community as donations. Then push the announcement back. Then they get hacked and unintentionally create a hard-fork and have to roll it back. And now they're letting some hacker create millions of coins while they prepare the 'fix' (probably hire someone on fiver to write some code for them) TOMMOROW... I mean its amazing watching this trainwreck of a shitcoin that just 2 days ago had a $1B+ market cap.

And the scary thing is .. it will probably rally in the next few days in the run up to their 'huge partnership' which I'd be willing to bet $100 on, will be cancelled (and most likely wasn't huge by any stretch of the imagination in the first place) What 'huge' company would want anything to do with these clowns, seriously? A dude is literally creating millions of free coins as we speak and they're all like "yeah it's fine ..it happens, we'll fix it tommorow". I honestly don't think they know how to code - it's all just copy/paste of code from other projects.

In fact the first 'fix' they released for this hack was literally copy-pasted from peercoin (comments and all) and was 2 lines of code and the dev even managed to fuck that up because he doesn't know how many seconds are in an hour. You can't make this shit up.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  2. Cadbury

Cadbury Member

Verge and Tron, as bad at each other! Whats insane is if you speak against them on the Whirlpool forums you get people vehemently defending them. How can this be?

3. koss

koss Member

I have made good profits on both those coins, especially Verge this week it's been swinging a lot.
    The smaller alts have been doing ok, as long as the volume on Binance is over a 2,000BTC worth each day, that means there is a bit of interest in the coin and worth a punt.

The coins that have been doing badly for me are the top 10 market cap ones.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  4. Gunna

Gunna Member

Hive likes this.
  5. koss

koss Member

Doesn't seem to have had any impact on the XVG price yet, still trading quite nicely on Binance.

BTW India banned all banks from allowing fiat to be used for the purchase of crypto, that's big news and it's had little impact. Localbitcoins is doing a roaring trade in India atm.

The banksters totally rule over there, more than in most countries.

6. Coldplayer

Coldplayer Member

So i've been holding onto alot of ven, not sure what to do with it or when i should looking at diversifying some of it.

7. koss

koss Member

VEN is on a general down trend after it's initial pump. Not something I would hold, but you never know. It depends on what price you bought it at, it's has little rallies, but the overall trend is down.

8. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Is anyone else secretly glad that crypto is crashing :Paranoid:?.

9. gmturner

gmturner Member

Not as an arrogant hodler no, no I'm not.

shredder likes this.
  10. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Good opportunity to dollar cost average, when to buy is anyones guess, I'm thinking below 4 grand just like the last 2 crashes (80% drops from all time high). hopefully alot of the coins that reached 1 Billion Market Caps never return on the next bitcoin bull run.

11. koss

koss Member

It never ceases to amaze me, all of a sudden at 3:30pm the world decided "lets knock $500 off the price of BTC" minutes later it was done. No gradual progression like you would expect in a real market, just "bang", the price goes down on all exchanges.

12. shredder

shredder Member

It's the whale's unregulated money tree/game now. If intuition was successful in this market we'd all be laying back on our Pacific Islands (well ok we are, just not the Island some people pictured, lol). Now more than ever it's a game of fooling the plebs, swiping some money, and suddenly reversing on them in an unexpected fashion.

Like some have said, it's a more sophisticated game being played by savvier Wall St style traders since 20k woke them up to this market. More than ever, doing "the rational thing" will lose you money as often as not. That's the manipulation.

13. qwijibo

qwijibo Member

That sounds similar to the stock market "shake out" point of intra-day trading. If there's a reversal of a previous trend, it gets magnified as day traders all rush to close out their positions.

14. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

Checked in, still not a millionaire. See you again in 6 months :)

15. ayles

ayles Member

Anyone long on Verge overnight? I've been in and out last few days, up over 30%. Had the pump when's the dump considering the news.

16. koss

koss Member

For all the controversy about the 51% attack on Verge, it doesn't seem to have dampened trade.
    It's still on an overall up trend for the past fortnight or more.

17. papillon

papillon Member

It will be a glorious day when that 100M+ hacked XVG gets dumped on the exchanges

18. koss

koss Member

I doubt if it will do much, 100M XVG represents 0.00673464581199 of the circulating supply. ie. less than 1%.. You are talking about 6 cent coin. not BTC.

19. ayles

ayles Member

Stayed long overnight then sold back to tether this morning. Nice little extra 5%.
    What are some other alts you guys are following for day trades?

20. koss

koss Member

IOST, AION, ONT, TRX however that's because I am at home with time to watch.

If I was at work, I would place conservative trades in the morning, see how they went at lunchtime or when I get home.

If you are interested in pump and dumps (buyer beware) there are several Telegram channels, read this first. https://www.coindesk.com/defend-pump-dump-crypto-scams/

The article suggests that a lot of the pumps and dumps we are seeing, are from large organized cartels of traders, coordinating via social media to manipulate the markets.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    ayles likes this.