Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. koss

koss Member

My alt portfolio dropped 7.62% overnight, quite flabbergasted. I forgot to set stop loss percentages.

I am talking about ETH, ETC, EOS, NEO, POWR, ZEC. I don't understand why they should be all dropping whilst BTC is steady.

BTC is just starting to decline against the USD, lets hope it makes the alts recover today.

2. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Stellar and Cardano are standouts in the top 20, I think Bitcoin will be back below 7 grand in a couple of days, wherever the bottom of Bitcoin is, I dont think we'll see another big rally for another 6-18 months./

3. koss

koss Member

Most of the top 10 alts are still tanking against BTC, total carnage, I don't understand why.

4. douver

douver Member

I think there is a quite a lot of disbelief that BTC will keep going up (and alts for that matter), there is also no guarantees bear market is over, so people are taking profit. But really BTC and alts are all up in USD terms here in the last 7 days, so it could just be a normal pullback. Personally I'm still holding from my buys mentioned here a month ago, plan to go down with the ship has worked out pretty well so far.

5. koss

koss Member

No, it's not BTC, the altcoins are tanking, BTC has been flat for 2 days, if the alts were being sold off for BTC then BTC should be rising.

The altcoins are collapsing back to the price they were against the USD at the start of the week before BTC rose, but BTC is not collapsing it's staying flat. In order to do that the alts must loose value against BTC.

eg. over the past few days:

ETH/BTC -7%
    ETC/BTC -12%
    EOS/BTC -11%
    NEO/BTC -14%
    POWR/BTC -11%
    ZEC/BTC -9%

In percentage terms, I have never lost so much in alt coin value against BTC in a 4 day period before, and they still seem to be going down.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  6. douver

douver Member

Hmmm continued dumping, if alts turn up from here I reckon people are playing with the okex USD altcoin futures are starting to affect the markets, weekly settlement finishing now. Sure there's only like 7 altcoins listed there, but quite possible the rest just joined in on the dump due to lack of liquidity

7. koss

koss Member

I have no idea what's going on, the only thing I could think of was that BTC is going to start a bull run, and people are exiting their alt coin positions so they don't miss out. However in previous BTC bull runs alt coins rise against BTC so there is no point cashing them for BTC. Also, you would expect BTC to be still rising if so many alt coins were being cashed out for it. If it's a manipulation it's very broad.

There is not the slightest mention of altcoin carnage on coindesk or ccn, it's like business as usual.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  8. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

So allegedly....

What are they going to call the fork? Bitcoin Clashic?

9. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

[​IMG]

Just over 3 years ago and this is kind of how I feel.....

I was/still a fan of peercoin I guess the lack of "development" has hurt but could be opportunity, who knows

Does crypto win prizes for stability? $1 to $1.50 in 3 years is pretty good compared to most:lol:.

10. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Where do you guys think BTC is headed in the short term and maybe in the next 6 months? I know it's largely speculation but I'm curious what you guys think.

Cheers

:)

11. gmturner

gmturner Member

short term floundering around the 6-8k mark as whales pump and dump it to coincide with futures contracts ending. 6 months i believe she will be back up around 20k again, i hope anyway. Not sure if its going to be another FOMO bull run or backed by genuine tech advancements and adoption. my 2c.

12. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

That's pretty cool, to support something from ICO and see it prosper.

:)

13. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Exactly with I’ve done with one company.....looking like 2-3 year investment but hoping it will reap some pretty decent rewards.

14. Gunna

Gunna Member

Who is that with?

15. koss

koss Member

16. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

Bakkt like bitpay etc if successful would be bad for btc price.

No merchant will be btc holding, all of them are sellers.

17. douver

douver Member

Coinbase have said Ethereum Classic is getting listed in the next week. Currently ETC/ETH is at 0.04 - BCH/BTC made it to 0.5 on it's Coinbase listing (before on the hype really). Very different situation here (market timing/amount of coins already on exchange), but there is still plenty of potential room for growth there. IMHO an ETC pump is the only real chance for some serious altcoin action anytime soon. Effects would likely flow to the other 5 coins Coinbase have mentioned as people buy them in hope of a repeat.

18. koss

koss Member

ETC pumped 11% at 6am yesterday.

19. koss

koss Member

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  20. douver

douver Member

ETC now up to 0.05 ETH, highest all year. Broken out on ETC/BTC chart too, highest in 5 months.

You know what would make my day:

1. Someone spam the ETH blockchain to make TX fees high
    2. Have lots of social media puppets claim ETH devs are doing nothing on scaling
    3. ETC comes out with a plan of 8x bigger blocks than ETH
    4. ETC pumps like crazy because its 'the real Ethereum' (not those crazy sidechains or sharding ideas that will never work :p)

The symmetry with the BCH pump would be hilarious and it stupidest part it would probably work.

dirkmirk likes this.