Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Member

"now is a good time to buy" should be "it is getting better to buy all the time" ;)

A dollar cost average input will yield an average cost, balance possible profit and mitigate risk. Huge lump sums are dangerous but small steady inputs (even daily) will probably give you a greater quantity token and resultant profit. Sure you might miss out on huge up ticks but in utilising capital in a balanced way, you can get a clear correlation in value with a huge reduction in liability.

Optimus. likes this.
  2. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Ripple might topple Ethereum on this latest pump, Cardano still looks unloved that's where I focus my buying at the moment.

3. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Member

Smart money is using a spread, rather than all ins.

4. shredder

shredder Member

Classic P'n'D shenanigans on Ripple. "The pump is over when Poloniex crashes, fucking all it's margin Longers". :lol: I lolled. Classic Polo.

5. Cadbury

Cadbury Member

And the sea is glass-smooth, not a breath of wind :)

6. koss

koss Member

Since the US Fed started raising interest rates, speculative investment money has gone from crypto to other areas, that combined with a tightening of credit has had an impact in all sorts of markets globally.

The fundamentals of crypto are still sound, it's just the trade between fiat and crypto needs a surplus of cheap credit to fuel a bull market like it was last year.

US Fed seems to be more concerned with raising rates as slowly as they can, the economy is fragile, the Fed could easily overshoot and be forced to lower rates and restart QE. The smart money will probably buy stocks and crypto if there is a whiff of fresh QE money being printed.

7. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Sea of green for my rose-tinted view!

8. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

9. douver

douver Member

Heh after Binance pretending there never was a listing fee...

I'm pretty sure profits from listings were propping up BNB in the previous quarters. That said there has been practically no listings on Binance the last 3 months, so we'll find out soon enough as the next BNB burn is due soon (although it's still possible Binance will burn some premine to keep up an illusion of continuing profit rises, but I doubt it). If it's a low burn combined wih this news surely BNB = dead?

10. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Hey those BMWs and Lambos each month didn't come from thin air.

11. douver

douver Member

Don't worry I'm sure the directors of their charity 'foundation' will require Lambos to do their work. So they'll be safe, what this means is that BNB won't be getting a cut.

12. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Starting to crash again, will we finally see a fair price for Bitcoin and the other big alt coins:p.

13. koss

koss Member

All markets are crashing, not just crypto, the billions are being pulled out of global stock markets, other currencies, and the funds re-balancing their portfolios into short term US treasuries, that's where the pump is since the start of this year, it just accelerates a bit after the Fed does each rate hike, the next is expected in Dec. it's getting to a tipping point.

14. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Peter Schiff.

Then someone's goes on to say "I don't see your point, Bitcoin was $4,800 a year ago, $6,200 today", then someone counters "Bitcoin was $19,000 10 months ago, now $6,200, see his point now":lol:. And on it goes.

I've been saying this for years, Bitcoin has never been tested as a safe heaven and perhaps it success is due to the bubble of everything is the US stock market has been in the longest bull run in history of about 10 years, the same time of Bitcoins existence, to see a bear market the Dow Jones would be around 21,500 points, we might find out if Bitcoin is a safe haven asset a proper correction is inevitable when is anyone's guess but surely must be grttige closer.

15. koss

koss Member

Depends on what you mean by a safe haven.
    If your employer pays you in Bitcoin, and you pay your bills and buy your goods and services in Bitcoin, and you avoid the world of fiat exchange, so the exchange rate to fiat becomes totally irrelevant. Doesn't get much safer than that.

Remember banks can't issue Bitcoin out of thin air, so their supply is limited, hence their power, they only have power over fiat which they use to manipulate crypto exchanges, or things like precious metals, commodities, ETFs, and currency exchanges.

Peter Schiff's business sells gold, (mainly from the Perth Mint), he doesn't sell Bitcoin.

Try buying something from interstate or overseas with gold. It only works locally where you have physical possession of the metal, just like cash. Also there a laws about gold ownership.

16. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

My interpretation of a safe haven is an asset that mantains purchasing power during a stock market fall/crash(to keep it simple) stocks are easily liqudated.

Cash could be considered a short term safe haven asset as it's mantained or exceeded purchasing power during the last GFC.

Longer term cash doesnt.

17. koss

koss Member

That's all based around fiat not crypto.

I wouldn't consider any of those safe that you mentioned.
    During the GFC QE completely screwed the value of fiat. Where do you think the fiat to create the current sock market bubble came from? The only safe havens are those which don't involve fiat currencies.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 1:52 PM
  18. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

The only way that works is if the products you're buying were manufactured using Bitcoin as it's entire payment through the process and then bought by the seller in bitcoin and sold as such.
    Or else the seller will be losing out as the price drops

Gunna likes this.
  19. Gunna

Gunna Member

I was about to make the same point although Venezuela is proof it works. Dash is heavily used there and people who make products are doing that, using Dash to buy raw materials and then accepting Dash for their goods.

20. douver

douver Member

I think as we are getting more and more products are imported, having all your investments denominated in AUD is actually a risk in itself. Items are getting priced in a different currency already.

There's also a risk in not holding crypto.