Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. Gunna

Gunna Member

Why? It's 1/5 from aTH just like BTC. There are others that are sitting at 1/20 compared to their ATH

2. Cadbury

Cadbury Member

XRP and XLM arent doing too bad. Compared with some of the coins i hold like ICX - down from an ATH of US$9 to $0.45, Neo $200+ down to $13, and BCD down from $30 to $1.40.

3. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Feels like theirs a changing of the guard for 2nd place with Ripple being the top dog alt coin....

I suppose Ethereum will have it's day again but I think theirs a shift in the force.

4. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Looks like I got my wish for 5c Cardano:Paranoid:.

Not sure though, I have been dollar cost averaging into Cardano but I'm thinking of goin back to peercoin....

Kind of apples & oranges, Cardano still has a market cap of 1.4 billion vs 24 million, Peercoin has history on its side so gets me thinking of other coins I was thinking of putting money into like PIVX but I reckon I'll stay away, just seems like a DASH clone, your better off sticking to coins that actually introduced something when they were released like Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash might be finished as a serious investment luckily I sold out of that nonsense.

In saying that the market is still extremely high when you look at the price of Bitcoin and compare to say the DOW JONES if you think is doing badly it can get alot worse, Dow is only off 10% from highs Bitcoin will probably hit 75% if it hasn't already.

I compare to the Dow because its a liquid market which is less than 10% off its high so by that measure and previous to the GFC it hit about 14,000, We're at 25,000 so a correction below 20,000 could mean much more carnage for Crypto and theirs been "No reason" to sell, no good reason for a bubble either except the money washing around the world.

5. koss

koss Member

Serious market crash this week.

Same goes for the tech stocks, not just crypto.

Smells like manipulation again, across the board.

6. Gunna

Gunna Member

Surprisingly ELIX is up 1.14% and climbing....but very minuscule volume

7. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

We purchased Decembers $80 of bitcoin now, because if they are stuffing with it, it can bounce back fast.

8. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Now its really falling off a cliff and Ripple no longer immune, Bitcoin below $4,400USD it looks certain for 80% drop peak to crash, dont know it could easily back below 2 or 3 grand, if your looking at alt coins you can pretty much disregard the prices they are now because the price of Bitcoin dicates where the market is or is going, if Bitcoin is going lower its taking everything to hell with it.

Im a bit disappointed with the lack of activity in this thread, are people only interested in buying crypto in overpriced bubble/bull markets or something:confused:.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  9. douver

douver Member

Serious carnage it is, it does look like Ethereum isn't getting that 2nd place back, looking more likely to drop further down the rankings.

Not entirely convinced altcoin's need BTC to stop going down to pump here though. Potentially has been enough capitulation in altcoins already for whales to have restocked on their coins. Some sobering stats on this CoinMarketCap clone can sort by % down from ATH - link. One thing is for sure though, they definitely won't all go back up.

10. Gunna

Gunna Member

BTC below $3900

What are everyones plans? i'm hoping it remains low, drives off miners in it for a profit to drop difficulty a bit. I want some more ALT but getting paid monthly means I need to wait until payday before buying some more.

11. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

I'm looking for 1c Cardano, I'll probably go a 1/3rd into Cardano, Bitcoin & Peercoin when I think the bottom is in, try and sell out Bitcoin when it starts rallying and hopefully it outperforms the altcoins from the bottom, it did last time was a big lag before Litecoin started moving for example, so hold Bitcoin to buy more of my altcoins.

12. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

it can only get worse as people see what is going on after thanks giving.

Many Silicon Valley types have a sizeable chunk of thier wealth in company options and other shares, and with many big names dropping 20 to 30% in the last months or so they are seeing real immediate wealth reduction.

Couple that with crypto they bought due to FOMO free falling 50% and accelerating, the sentiment is now dump at any price.

13. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

I am not! :)

I'm looking for 2022.

14. koss

koss Member

I am keeping a third of crypto in TUSD in case a bargain pops up.

15. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

What's that?

1c Cardano IF it gets back to a dollar is a 100X gain, I pity the people loading up when Bitcoin was pumping above 10 grand, I seriously don't know wtf people are thinking spending up big during a bubble and telling themselves it's a long term investment, now or 6 months is the time to load up, I've said all along to dollar cost average from all time highs and with a bit of luck you could hit the jackpot going all in after it bottoms out, where that is, is anyone's guess.

I wouldnt rule out sub $1,000 Bitcoin but I think it's unlikely, below 2 grand I'm going to buy up pretty big maybe all in, can always dollar cost average at the end of the day....

I think the next 2 years Im going to be done investing alot of money into it, whether it takes off or not I'll play the waiting game.

After that it's time to move on.

16. Gunna

Gunna Member

Under 3600 now

17. douver

douver Member

Bitcoin back above $4000 for now, time to pray people that have seen the crash got excited and have transferring money to exchanges all weekend for cheap coins. This will hopefully see a steady trickle of buys for the next couple of days as traditional payments are slow.

18. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Getting to the bottom of an issue at the Huobi.au exchange.....

They changed bank details about a month ago and I sent money to the old bank account......

Not hard to do when you get 50-100 emails a day, the money didn't bounce and the money has been swallowed by that account(presumably).

The old bank was the bank of queensland, the new bank is another australian bank called Goldfields money bank.

So I sent money 2 weeks ago and thought the money didn't clear because I failed to click a button inside the exchange that says "money sent", I thought that was the hold up but upon reviewing the deposit instructions theirs a different bank account to deposit money compared with the saved details.

So hopefully I can get to the bottom of where or who has my $300, Customer service cant really tell me much So ill have to wait until tomorrow for them to call me, dont know.

edit: could be a blessing in disguise, I would have likely purchased bitcoin at around the $6,400 mark had the funds cleared as planned.....

19. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Ethereum under $100USD (I've been waiting all night to post that:Paranoid:!).

My hunch the bottom for crypto (BTC/ALTS) is somewhere between here and another 50% drop, a 75% drop would see sub $1,000 BTC or $25 ETH, don't think it will get their but wouldn't rule it out.

20. Gunna

Gunna Member

I think we will see 2700 btc before it climbs.

I don't know where that number comes from, it's just a hunch but I've had it since btc went under 7