1. Win some Crucial goodies in OCAU's Christmas Treasure Hunt!
    Dismiss Notice

Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Ethereum under $100USD (I've been waiting all night to post that:Paranoid:!).

My hunch the bottom for crypto (BTC/ALTS) is somewhere between here and another 50% drop, a 75% drop would see sub $1,000 BTC or $25 ETH, don't think it will get their but wouldn't rule it out.

2. Gunna

Gunna Member

I think we will see 2700 btc before it climbs.

I don't know where that number comes from, it's just a hunch but I've had it since btc went under 7

3. koss

koss Member

It's a good time to part half your crypto funds into a stable coin, eg. USDT, TUSD, USDC not AUD as it's expected to tank down to 60-65cents in the near future, unless the RBA gets off their butts and raises rates.

4. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I said to my old man two weeks ago that I don't think the we will see eth go below $90 and BTC below $2800. She is getting bloody close to that now lol

5. ayles

ayles Member

Anyone holding anything other than USDT atm is suicidal and should research what a stoploss is.
    We're halfway through a signal on both XVG and BTC, looks weak at the moment but will check again at 10am. Cash out, re-enter on a strong bounce signal. I got 32% ROI in verge the other day, let it crash and burn. The margin requirements for shorting are too high, I only do very basic trading up strat.

6. ipv6ready

ipv6ready Member

USDT last week removed it promise of independent audit of funds it holds and is under US Justice investigation.
    Why even risk holding USDT, might as well cash out and sit it out.

7. Gunna

Gunna Member

Not everyone can hold usdt either, limited supply based on their reserves

8. ayles

ayles Member

Fair call on USDT. Sorry I was more referring to the hodlers still in BTC ETH etc hoping for a mircalus recovery.

9. koss

koss Member

I use TUSD not USDT, why not fiat, because cashing in and out of fiat each trade costs a fortune in fees, so I just stay in crypto.

10. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

If you've held crypto this long theirs a bigger risk in selling at the bottom and missing any recovery, if you want to play that game wait for a good bounce 50% on ALTS would be like $130 ETH/ 45 cent XRP and sell but not at rock bottom lows...

douver likes this.
  11. douver

douver Member

This quote is from exactly 1 year ago today. I would say the market is almost the exact inverse now. It's gone irrational in the other direction, bitcoin could see 2.5k or 6k (or both) in the next month. What's sure is that when this dump finishes there will be an epic bounce.

12. Witters

Witters Member

What makes you so sure?

13. ayles

ayles Member

There will almost certainly be some bouncing as the last manipulators pump and dump. I cant see any sustained price growth coming back for a long time. My guess is a couple of +20% 30% spikes then straight back down. Works for me ☺

14. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

who knows when the asylum will trigger the next manic spike...

15. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

My totally unscientific analysis of supply + demand and the money injected daily to sustain price levels if all new coins were sold on market and existing were hodlers.

2013 pump - 3,600 coins X $1,000 = 3.6 million.
    2017 pump - 1,800 coins X $20,000 = 36 million

So the situation is going to be in 18 months time that new supply of Bitcoin will be 900 coins.

3.6 million / 900 = $4,000, similar money from 6.5 years ago(mid 2020) to sustain price levels around $4,000, not a bad bet.....

36 million / 900 = $40,000 per coin.

I know this no way to predict prices as theirs too many variables but supply is known, coins are lost all the time etc.

So if your speculating on the price of bitcoin you should IMO Try and evaaluate the downside is the upside risk In a potential pump/bubble.

If Bitcoin drops to $2,000 or so surely the upside outweighs the Downside....

I won't be waiting for $100,000 Bitcoin I would have existed the market 100% by the time Bitcoin hits anywhere around $50,000, at that stage you run gauntlet of 80-90% capital devastation, no point holding and waiting another 4 years..

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018 at 8:33 AM
  16. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I think it's a perfect time to start "marketing" satoshi's

17. Wangtec

Wangtec Member

My XMR is looking very sad :(