Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

People going mental about insider trading on twitter.

upload_2019-2-26_8-23-14.png

2. douver

douver Member

Man Papillion was right all along about XRP to Coinbase. There I was thinking they were just using that rumor to dump on noobs.

Coinbase must have changed their listing criteria, if XRP, a coin that still Ripple hold 60% of is legit than surely XLM/ADA can be listed too now. Whether anybody believes that a Coinbase listing is a big thing now is the question. I'm pretty sure it is during a big pump - I saw something that Coinbase holds about 25% of LTC in it's cold wallets - that's a lot of public FOMO.

3. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I'm still at an 80% unrealised loss on that XRP piece of shit.

4. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Long story short, Borrow $150,000(USD!) and invest at the top of the market in altcoins, proceed to loose 90-95%

Sell Apartment and put $400,000 into QuadrigaCX, the Canadian crypto exchange where that bloke with the private keys or codes fell ill and died in India(supposedly), he put the money their because it had a 10% premium on Bitcoin because withdrawals were slow but getting through....

I can sort of understand the $150,000 loan to buy crypto although it was madness in a market bubble, what possessed him to put 100% on his life savings into a crypto exchange with dodgy withdrawals I will never know, the guy is an educated idiot.

5. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Greed, plain and simple.

6. Myne_h

Myne_h Member

Dollar cost averaging!

Aka doubling down.

It had to go up 40x to break even.
    But by buying more, it only had to go up by 10-20x

Its almost rational

7. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Nah he just wanted to make a quick 10% on the 400 grand, Buy bitcoin at market rates than sell for 10% asap on QuadrigaCX, wait a couple of months and withdraw the cash.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  8. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

You don't dollar cost average with your entire net worth. If anyone thinks that's a good idea then they deserve what they get.

9. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Dow Jones has lost 700 points in the past week not that big considering its only a 3% drop off the recent high, 9 weeks of straight gains after the 20% drop? Bitcoin is floating around the $3,900 level so its going to interesting if the Dow keeps dropping towards the lower 20s and whether crypto follows or not, feels like both markets have settled.

10. Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan Member

11. clonex

clonex Member

lol...

i mean he looked shifty as hell from the get go along with his thug looking mate as well.

are they still rolling out more atms?

12. douver

douver Member

Not liking the look of this market, looks like it needs to cool off a bit. Sold most of my stuff and currently plan to rebuy in a few weeks - or if BTC breaks US$4k/LTC goes over 0.015BTC. Pretty decent gains in the last month.

13. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

I have increased my btc holdings by 20% on my play money exchange in the last few weeks. Between ltc, btc and hiding in usd etc.

Nothing serious just a little game I play.

14. demiurge3141

demiurge3141 Member

It's gambler psychology. The more they lose the more they put in, because they desperately want to make up the losses. My father went through that when he almost lost the family home playing the stock market. It's extremely difficult to cut your losses.

15. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

I guess my chances of getting my money back off these F##kas are slim to none, quick backstory, I usually sent $100 a week to a crypto exchange but it was a busy time and sent $300 i.e 3 weeks worth, I did not read/see an email from a week earlier stating that they were in the process of changing banks, the money went to the old bank which was an Australian bank, they said they didn't get the money or that account was closed and the money would've bounced back, lying bastards.,

I rang my bank to get an update, the previous bank with Huobi weren't able to retrieve it suprise suprise, so it looks like Huobi has no more presence in Austraia, bye bye money, if its any consolation Bitcoin was like $6,300 at the time whatever value is was is not the same hahah

Also lost about $550 worth of litecoin when wex went down, that was $50 a week back then but I paid like $150 USD for those tokens again a little consolation because the market is way down.

Damn feels like the scamming never really goes away LOL:lol:, THe first one I got screwed about from stupidity of massive wealth destruction trading sh!tcoins on cryptsy, those bastards went down with the left over dust, same with mintpal, I had a small amount on cryptopia think everyones taking a haircut their.

Got most of my crypto in my own wallets at least, my problem is I dont put much thought into something unless its worth a half significant amount.

16. koss

koss Member

This weeks episode of Nuggets news crypto market update.

17. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Is his analysis any good? I've always discounted him because of his silly brand name!

18. koss

koss Member

Dunno, I use his channel as a source of news, not trade advice.
    I already know how to technical trade, so all I care about is which coins are in the news, why, and what the crypto market is doing with reference to the macro markets, which most news outlets seem to ignore.

I have learnt that crypto big moves are caused by the availability of cheap fiat money, and money will come in and out of crypto depending on what bond interest rates and shares are returning, they are the competition to watch. I expect interest rates to start falling again, but the increased credit that creates, might just go into pumping a handful of tech stocks again. eg. they increase the share buy backs (which use to be illegal) That's why you need to watch market news to see what the competition is doing.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 6:54 AM