Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Starting?? The guy has been off the reservation for a long time.

He is suing people that say he is not SN. He has tried to register the bitcoin whitepaper with the copywrite office. He has been caught lying like a zillion times.

2. Gunna

Gunna Member

You think if this ass-hat held any of the Satoshi addresses he wouldn't have cashed out already? He is in it for the fame

3. fad

fad Member

He was granted the patent on the v0.1 whitepaper. Might be more truth to him being SN. I think there were a few players in this, but someone held the private keys. I think it was the guy who died from ALS.

4. Gunna

Gunna Member

5. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

6. douver

douver Member

Woo BTC 8700 - get the Vegeta memes ready, notably everyone who bought any time in the last 12 months is in profit now.

Meanwhile LTC is up from a bottom of $22 last year to over $110 now, block halving in about 70 days. Even though it's up 5x, I still think we haven't had the real halving pump yet.

7. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Are you thinking it'll pump till it halves then drop down again, or remain?

8. douver

douver Member

Not too sure, but if I had to guess, it'll pump till around the end of the current futures, which is end of June. Then dump pretty hard, what happens after that I'm not too sure. The supply shock from less new coins mined from halving won't really take effect for another 6 months, it's just hype for now.

9. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

Anyway to buy crypto without having your bank accounts frozen?

10. douver

douver Member

Just buy from an Australian site with Australian banking like Coinjar or BTCMarkets.

11. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

douver I have a btcmarkets account so if I buy from them the banks won't care?

Thanks

12. douver

douver Member

Haven't used it personally - I use coinjar, but it seems most people here that bought in the last couple of years used btcmarkets and there were no problems reported.

13. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I have used coinspot (with visa) and cointree, never had a problem with either.

14. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

Thanks I'll try it out.

15. fusion13

fusion13 Member

have used BTCMarkets plenty of times and haven't had an issue. The have BPAY and Osko/PayID which works well and fairly quick.

16. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

Great as I haven't mined since February and so until I can pick my computer up I'm on a laptop. I'll use BPay thanks

17. koss

koss Member

BitcoinSV jumped almost 80% in the past 24hrs. no I am not going to buy into the pump!

18. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Hmmm who knows, not surprised if exchanges cook the books and decide to make Bitcoin-SV sh!tcoin of the day/week $$$$$$$$.

"BITCOIN"won't give the greatest returns.

19. douver

douver Member

BitcoinSV probably got over dumped when it was delisted from a couple of exchanges a month or so ago. I also think a few people with big $$$ are showing those exchanges they don't run the market.

I'm still excited about the prospects for my previously listed alts XTZ/ZEC/LTC. Good gains so far but hoping for more.

Also been liking Coinjar exchange, 0% maker fee with decent liquidity especially on BTCAUD. Only real trouble is can only set limit orders within 20% of current price.

20. koss

koss Member

BitcoinSV rose because there was a viral claim that Craig Wright had moved some of the Satoshi million BTC treasure, as proof that he is Satoshi.

I have not seen any evidence that actually happened, also no one knows how much Bitcoin Satoshi had. Since Bitcoin was public before block 1, it's only assumed that Satoshi mined all the unspent coins in the first year, roughly a million, which is highly unlikely to be true.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019