Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Yeah that is interesting, I dont think one big drop in the Dow Jones is enough to really rattle the crypto markets so im not drawing a correlation just yet to say they're connected in some way like gold(safe haven).

Stuffed up the timing with BTC/XRP, its coming better now hopefully gets back to 4570 or whatever I paid, currently at 4320.

2. illdrift

illdrift Member

Haven't been following crypto since the peak, but interesting to see Cryptopia going into liquidation today

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/

3. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Surely time to fire up this thread again???

Holding XRP going to let that one run

The big coins have had decent gains but what about the lower priced stuff in the top 100? I was holding some Bitcoin cash sold that for Golem, 12 month high around 63 cents low of 6.3 about 8.7 currently.

At some point I'll get into Litecoin because of the block halving.

We might have the right ingredients for some serious FOMO in crypto who knows but gotta be in it to win it.

4. koss

koss Member

Cryptos just flash crashed, so did equity futures.

Apparently Chinese state media outlets suggested the nation has "little no interest in continuing trade negotiations".

So keyword recognition software, scanning media headlines, tripped of all sorts of trade algos.
    Don't you love non-carbon based traders.

5. mr camouflage

mr camouflage Member

6. douver

douver Member

BTC seems to have shrugged off the latest dump. Maybe insider knowledge on something big soon? Seems to be a lot of institutional interest pumping BTC currently, so for altcoins I reckon focus on ones institutions might invest in. For me that means coins with regulatory certainty, and the easiest way to judge that is anything US based Coinbase has listed.

Pretty sure it's legit, but have to upload them your drivers license or passport.

7. d1ng0d4n

d1ng0d4n Member

Just the usual KYC. Got my XLM out of it. CoinBase are doing similar at the moment, watch a few couple minute long videos, earn $10USD worth of XLM, and invite 4 more to Coinbase to earn $10USD of XLM again per person. Bringing it up to a total $50 of XLM again.

8. douver

douver Member

Well I'd bet Bitfinex/Tether are getting sued by the US for the basically the same reason Huawei is, US is using their power to screw over overseas competition. For crypto Binance just has to be next on their list surely due to their popularity.

Meanwhile BitcoinSV has almost doubled overnight after Craig Wright applied to patent Bitcoin's open source licensed code....Hilarious altcoin shenanigans never end.

9. koss

koss Member

I am starting to think Craig Wright is a twit, everything he does seems to insult the intelligence of the crypto community. As if anyone really believe he is Satoshi. If you ever read the original Satochi's posts, you can tell he is a totally different personality.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  10. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Starting?? The guy has been off the reservation for a long time.

He is suing people that say he is not SN. He has tried to register the bitcoin whitepaper with the copywrite office. He has been caught lying like a zillion times.

11. Gunna

Gunna Member

You think if this ass-hat held any of the Satoshi addresses he wouldn't have cashed out already? He is in it for the fame

12. fad

fad Member

He was granted the patent on the v0.1 whitepaper. Might be more truth to him being SN. I think there were a few players in this, but someone held the private keys. I think it was the guy who died from ALS.

13. Gunna

Gunna Member

14. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

15. douver

douver Member

Woo BTC 8700 - get the Vegeta memes ready, notably everyone who bought any time in the last 12 months is in profit now.

Meanwhile LTC is up from a bottom of $22 last year to over $110 now, block halving in about 70 days. Even though it's up 5x, I still think we haven't had the real halving pump yet.

16. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Are you thinking it'll pump till it halves then drop down again, or remain?

17. douver

douver Member

Not too sure, but if I had to guess, it'll pump till around the end of the current futures, which is end of June. Then dump pretty hard, what happens after that I'm not too sure. The supply shock from less new coins mined from halving won't really take effect for another 6 months, it's just hype for now.

18. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

Anyway to buy crypto without having your bank accounts frozen?

19. douver

douver Member

Just buy from an Australian site with Australian banking like Coinjar or BTCMarkets.

20. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

douver I have a btcmarkets account so if I buy from them the banks won't care?

Thanks