Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. douver

douver Member

Haven't used it personally - I use coinjar, but it seems most people here that bought in the last couple of years used btcmarkets and there were no problems reported.

2. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I have used coinspot (with visa) and cointree, never had a problem with either.

3. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

Thanks I'll try it out.

4. fusion13

fusion13 Member

have used BTCMarkets plenty of times and haven't had an issue. The have BPAY and Osko/PayID which works well and fairly quick.

5. mixsetup

mixsetup Member

Great as I haven't mined since February and so until I can pick my computer up I'm on a laptop. I'll use BPay thanks

6. koss

koss Member

BitcoinSV jumped almost 80% in the past 24hrs. no I am not going to buy into the pump!

7. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Hmmm who knows, not surprised if exchanges cook the books and decide to make Bitcoin-SV sh!tcoin of the day/week $$$$$$$$.

"BITCOIN"won't give the greatest returns.

8. douver

douver Member

BitcoinSV probably got over dumped when it was delisted from a couple of exchanges a month or so ago. I also think a few people with big $$$ are showing those exchanges they don't run the market.

I'm still excited about the prospects for my previously listed alts XTZ/ZEC/LTC. Good gains so far but hoping for more.

Also been liking Coinjar exchange, 0% maker fee with decent liquidity especially on BTCAUD. Only real trouble is can only set limit orders within 20% of current price.

9. koss

koss Member

BitcoinSV rose because there was a viral claim that Craig Wright had moved some of the Satoshi million BTC treasure, as proof that he is Satoshi.

I have not seen any evidence that actually happened, also no one knows how much Bitcoin Satoshi had. Since Bitcoin was public before block 1, it's only assumed that Satoshi mined all the unspent coins in the first year, roughly a million, which is highly unlikely to be true.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  10. douver

douver Member

Go LTC! Now at it's highest price in over a year. Still 55 days till the block halving.

An LTC pump imho is very important, not only because in the short term it will bring in lots of money into crypto (which it would). But because the story that a block halving makes a coin go up hard needs to be continued for BTC to pump hard before it's next halving in about a year. If we don't get much more action from LTC, I'll be getting pretty skeptical of any prospect of a new BTC ATH next year.

11. koss

koss Member

India has lost the plot.
    https://www.indiatoday.in/business/...-dealing-in-cryptocurrency-1544709-2019-06-08
    https://www.globalgovernmentforum.com/modis-indian-election-win-clears-way-for-cryptocurrency-ban/

India has been infiltrated at the government level by the bankers, more so than most other governments.
    You can see this when they canceled the 500 and 1,000 rupee notes from circulation back in 2016.

Both these moves benefit nobody except the bankers. The government claims that it's to prevent the black market, but what they do will only encourage greater use of the black market, but adding crypto to it.

I am surprised that India's population are not screaming out more about this.

12. Gunna

Gunna Member

You do realise how poor the majority of people are in India so Crypto doesn't impact them, why would they scream about something that they have probably no idea on.

600 million Indians face a water crisis, Crypto is so far down the list......

13. douver

douver Member

Another shot fired at unregulated crypto exchanges by the US. Looks likely Binance is being to be forced to start blocking US customers from it's main exchange. I'd guess a US regulated Binance exchange won't have 3/4's of the coins on Binance (pretty much all the coins listed there but not on a US exchange). Bad news for them being blocked from the US market and especially BNB which wouldn't profit share from a regulated exchange.

[​IMG]

https://www.coindesk.com/binance-says-its-launching-a-us-exchange-with-fincen-registered-partner

14. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Pffft it's not like Americans really use Binance anyway.

upload_2019-6-14_22-3-36.png

15. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

I never felt the need to join Binance....

16. douver

douver Member

Well, story got confirmed - US Binance users have 90 days before they are locked out of trading on binance.com. Seemed to have sparked mass altcoin dumping and a bitcoin jump.

I'm not sure Binance was ever really good for altcoins - Binance wasn't the 'top' exchange until the bear market started. I think their social media spam has been very effective at getting users, but in reality they're not that good for the market generally.

It looks like for better and for worse we are headed into a period where only coins that pass US regulation get a chance to shine.

17. koss

koss Member

Meh, people in the US will just use a VPN or Tor etc.

18. Gunna

Gunna Member

Glad I'm 90% all in for POWR then.

19. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Pretty risky strategy:Paranoid:, you gotta go for tokens that were designed as a currency isn't power just a tokenised business?

20. douver

douver Member

I don't think most people would bother, plus if Binance doesn't use every available method to block those kind of users them they will get their asses sued.

They will need to do some more compliance work if they want in the US, POWR is getting blocked from bittrex US in a couple of weeks. As is about 75 others, pretty sad really. I think tokens are in a weak spot generally in regards to regulation, they aren't really decentralised yet as a central team got the ICO money and a lot of their plans are essentially running a business looking to make money for the token holders - which makes them vulnerable to normal business laws.

https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029523891
    https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028996652

Meanwhile Facebook coin testnet launching next week. This is surely going to be massive, so many partners.

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/2019...in-testnet-next-week-backed-by-libra-reserve/