Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. koss

koss Member

Yeah, the serious ones just by CDO, CLO, and other sub prime corporate debt.
    The hundreds of Billions in crypto are just silly moms and dads.

2. koss

koss Member

Nuggets News discussing the current state of the alt coin market

3. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Litecoin had it's block halving and a small pump and dump, I suspect the price will settle alot lower before it rallies again.

Back in the 2013 pump Litecoin went to $50 and the daily supply must've been around 28,000? 1.4 million

Today the price is $100 and a daily supply of 7,000 so that's around $700,000 worth of coins.

If Litecoin goes below $50 I reckon that's a screaming buy.

4. douver

douver Member

Problem with Litecoin right now is it doesn't have anything interesting happening for 4 years (next halving). That and I'm not sure where the money to develop it will come from now as it's creator Charlie Lee has sold up now, so it may just slowly die.

5. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

It really doesn’t have a use case. The whole line about being the silver to bitcoin gold is an absolute load of shot too.

6. koss

koss Member

That's because Etherium came onto the scene, it's taken over from Litecoin with more features.
    Litecoin will pump again when alt season comes back, it's got a solid mining base, and that's what adds value to a coin, ie. the strength of the network.

7. josh_676

josh_676 Member

What if alt season is never coming back?

8. douver

douver Member

There is opportunities for people to make big money pumping altcoins. People want money, therefore they will pump at some point.

Government intervention from the US and Chinese governments has been making this more difficult lately, perhaps almost impossible for some coins. But there is still opportunity.

9. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

IMO litecoin will pump but more due to speculation than anything else intrinsic

10. jpw007

jpw007 Member

No no, everyone buy litecoin so i can sell.

11. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Bitcoins dominance continues to go up, must admit I'm never thought I'd see it this high again (68%).

12. koss

koss Member

Lots of people use Litecoin as there main method of transferring crypto because the fees are way less than BTC or ETH.

13. jpw007

jpw007 Member

If one crypto was going to be used as a substitute currency and payment method, i'd honestly expect it to be litecoin due to low fees and pretty decent mining base. I'd use it for an international transfer if i had any need and ability to tbh

14. Gunna

Gunna Member

There are plenty of other alts that offer the same as LTC and have built on that. Dash has instant send, Monero has security, heck even ETN is faster than LTC

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Don't expect to see alt season for a long time yet. This BTC dominance might be the reckoning.
    Trade war with China has seen the pretend internet money flow in to BTC for 'safety'. A few pumps going on today...

16. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Well, you've just educated my ignorance. Thanks as i'll give them a look :thumbup:

17. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Bit of a dump but nothing too major, XRP below 26 cents a bit lol because of the youtube shills.

18. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

I reckons a bit of correlation between LTC and BCH, LTC has 4 times the supply and roughly 1/4 the price, might be a useful metric for profit taking.

19. koss

koss Member

This is a really good interview with Andreas Antonopolus where he discusses the state of play in the crypto space and what is coming up.

20. Gunna

Gunna Member

https://www.powerledger.io/article/...st-commercial-customer-in-canberra-australia/

whatdoesthisdo likes this.