Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

This resonates with me lol

upload_2019-11-29_8-6-29.png

2. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

3. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

4. mr camouflage

mr camouflage Member

5. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Doesn't quite help the image that decentralised currency is good eh.

Is there any pure crypto stores that aren't for illicit purposes? (i'm sure there is, but i'm guessing minimal...). It's a bit hard when the world is fiat and if you want to use your crypto for anything it's all pegged against it's USD value.

I've gotten off the crypto train. I think the shines worn off and i'm not a whale so i won't be making a profit. Blah blah store of value.

6. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I'm surprised Police could work it out : p

7. koss

koss Member

How do you seize crypto?
    Lol at the massive drug haul:

Must be at least a $600 worth of ecstasy tablets.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Good question, absolutely no idea.

9. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

The police probably asked the drug dealer for the password to access the hardware token, and the dealer was stupid enough to give it to them. Or they have seized the token and can't access the coin, but was told how much was on it.

10. mr camouflage

mr camouflage Member

The actual police media release is here: https://newsroom.abf.gov.au/release...enews&utm_medium=miragenews&utm_campaign=news

Whatever that means.

11. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Guess they checking into whether it's the proceeds of crime and whether they will lose it under same.

12. koss

koss Member

13. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Well...you're pretty wrong there.

It's always pretty well publicised whatever $X value they have recovered through proceeds of crime. It's often seen mentioned as cash, cars, property etc. In this case it's obvious that crypto was a large chunk of the asset seizure hence it made the headline...

You can quote anything you like out of context, but it's clear from the article that these people aren't small time dealers. Nothing needs to be a 'massive drug haul' in itself initially to lead to a much larger seizure of drugs or other proceeds of crime. A lot who are careful wouldn't be importing or holding quantities en masse but would instead be doing it in smaller batches to reduce the risk since i'm sure the logistics would be a lot harder otherwise.

It's fair and reasonable to assume that if they're importing drugs and they happen to have $1.5m in crypto that there is a high chance they're not small scale and also that the crypto is proceeds of crime. Like i mentioned before, they hold it in whatever asset they want just like everyone else in society holds their wealth on whatever assets they prefer. It could have just as easily been property, cash et al.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  14. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Damn Bitcoin SV has gone parabolic! Flipped BCH and going for XRPs no.3 spot.

Haha imagine if Craig White turns out to be the real Satoshi but was trolling people the whole time to make himself look like a fool only to rub it in peoples faces:lol:!

15. cvidler

cvidler Member

assuming access to the token was not given, and the dealer was smart enough to have the seed backup saved somewhere secure, they'll be able to recover everything once released, and the token will become worthless.

16. cvidler

cvidler Member

17. douver

douver Member

This BCH/BSV flippening fight no matter how silly it is, seems to be bringing some life back to altcoin's. Can't remember the last time BTC pumped 20% in a couple of weeks, then altcoins actually pumped even higher in general after that, starting to feel like 2017 again :). In addition, quite a few altcoins have broken downtrends, consolidated at the lows for months and have now broken resistance in BTC terms, pretty nice setup for altseason.

18. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Is there still a battle? I thought the hash war was done 6 months ago or more

Lets hope so

:Pirate:

19. douver

douver Member

The hash power battle was pretty silly. In reality price dictates the bigger coin (and the hashrate), real money on the line. BCH has always had a higher price than BSV so was the bigger coin, that was, until the last 24 hours where BSV has jumped BCH. So for now BSV is 'the real Bitcoin Cash', I don't expect it to last forever though.....

20. dakiller

dakiller (Oscillating & Impeding)

Glad I sold my BCH for 0.3BTC each over 2 years ago, that was a good deal.