Consolidated Crypto Traders/Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by Optimus., Dec 15, 2017.

1. Andres

Andres Motor Admin

I can't help but feel that when things like Doge skytocket in value, it undermines the arguement that any crypto has tangible value.

2. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

It doesn't undermine anything the concept of dogecoin is the same as any other crypto supply/demand, price goes up or down.

R ally what's the difference between Bitcoin , dogecoin Litecoin?

Different hashing algorithm , tokenomics, name and logo, that's it.

Crypto can be anything and be popular just like fiat hey:D?

3. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Yeah doge coin and bitcoin are exactly the same... if you completely forget about that whole infinite supply thing :rolleyes:

Elon was pretty critical of doge a few months back saying that it won't ever be legitimate until the whales sell off the vast majority of their bags.

ETH next stop 10k woop woop lol

4. OP
    OP
    Optimus.

Optimus. Member

Imagine if tesla are actually deep in to doge rather than btc...

5. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Even the more reason to be bullish for doge imagine if they do cap or restrict supply, that will be huge:eek:!

I am taking the p!ss but I'm dead serious, this is the game.

6. Andres

Andres Motor Admin

Yes - in terms of how the pricing is derived, I agree - they could be seashells.

But some coins/tokens represent a blockchain that have a potential use case e.g. Eth, Miota etc. Doge is purely a pisstake and is marketed as such.

Maybe I still don't understand it all enough (happy to take the profits though) but I would think that Eth etc have a longer term 'use case'. One could allllmost draw a smiilar correlation between fiat and gold - at least gold has industrial applications.

7. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Markets are irrational and that is amplified 100 fold with crypto markets. FOMO is the real driver here otherwise people would just be buying eth and btc. The fact that meme coins, xrp, coins priced solely based on future potential, and coins that have no reason to be on a blockchain at all are mooning all comes down to fear and greed.

The ones that don't realise their gains will get burnt. We have seen it before and we will see it again. Remember those people crying back in 2017/18? I do.

8. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Blockchain is very much a perfect fiscal tool, but it's also one that the Gov't would want to control. Remove physical cash and move to digital using blockchain for auditability. It's exactly the kind of tool they want to crack down on illegal activity. But it also stops kids doing cashies as their first jobs to save money for a car and other harmless 'illegal' activity.

Got some good and bad.

9. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Rothschild Investment Corporation just bought 265,302 shares of the Grayscale Ethereum Trust. Its holdings in the ETH trust are worth $4.75 million and its holdings in the BTC trust are worth $1.92 million now.

10. 426

426 Member

Looking more plausible now... Right?

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  11. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

While I completely stand by my previous comment... Yes, yes it is.

What I find very interesting is ETH is leaving exchanges. IIRC, there was something like 6 million ETH removed from exchanges in the first 3 months of this year. If it continues, supply will dry up increasing the price. That and 1559 in the london hardfork makes me extremely bullish.

12. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Your better investing in Bitcoin or Litecoin than Ethereuem, it's already massive and has serious competition from Binance, Cardano and Polkadot, my 2 cents.

13. rabih1978

rabih1978 Member

Lol doge 32 cents US. Have a feeling there will be a huge dump soon by the whales that have tens of millions of doge

14. Slug69

Slug69 Member

It is ranked 5th at the moment. In 24 hours there was $81 Billion AUD traded in Dogecoin.

I think the new Government in the US pumping $1400 to everyone has a lot of people dipping their toes in crypto.

I bought $50 worth a few days ago and I just sold half what I had and recouped my investment. I doubt I will ever be this lucky again financially. Probably the best year I have had being able to secure the video cards I got.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  15. rabih1978

rabih1978 Member

There was a dump from .48 to .29 from 12am To 2am.

16. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

Etheruem classic pumping:confused:

17. douver

douver Member

Robinhood... I mentioned that they only had BTC,ETH, LTC and DOGE last week and some crappy forks. They also have BCH/BSV and ETC, seems I shouldn't have written off the forks. All 7 currencies on Robinhood have been standouts since they released this info on way more users than Coinbase last week. Put 2 and 2 together heaps of users with barely any coins to choose from....

18. rabih1978

rabih1978 Member

Yeh .. weird was going to buy 1000 wortg yesterday ... should have bought

On another note alt coins are going bonkers. Up 20% from my 30 coins.

Mdx might reach $1 plus in a few weeks. New agreement with HFT platform signed today

19. dirkmirk

dirkmirk Member

I saw an interesting post from Alex Saunders stating that "dumb money" is entering the marketing buying up XRP & Doge.

You know what I thought?

Dumb money would be buying up all the projects nuggets news reccomended from the past few years that have done 100-500x returns, alot of those are gonna be stupidly overvalued vaporware at least buying up meme coins or depressed/hated assets Have a chance.

Elongate..........

Never been this excited about a crypto ever.......

I put about 20% of my crypto into this thing, that's how good I feel about this (Agg edit: word removed - you cannot be serious)

Do what what 90% of people do on this sort of post and disregard the "DYOR" thing, And cry later.......

Elon musk, his brother, the tokenomics, built in charity, hmmmm......... Just maybe.....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2021
  20. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Please show us where Elon has endorsed let alone mentioned Elongate the crypto currency.