1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Consolidated spider related thread!

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by ndt, Jan 13, 2011.

1. iwnt2ovc

iwnt2ovc Member

i dont mind spiders at all just not when they are on me.
    My mum is a bad arachnophobe and starts crying when there is one near her.
    One day a nice big wolfspider jumped on her and she fainted, Was an absolute pisser:p

2. Rzeractor

Rzeractor Member

Its amazing how many people think they want to attack humans. I am one who has zero dramas with spiders and such.

3. Creekin

Creekin (Taking a Break)

OT/ just followed your sig links :thumbup:
    epic lolz! :lol:
    /OT

4. Grassy

Grassy Member

When I was about four I was out poking around in our garden and as I overturned a small log, I found a huntsman with hundreds of babies hiding underneath. So I then did what any normal four year old would do, I picked up this big-arse spider and was walking around with it in my hands for about an hour or so. It was quite sedate actually, it just sat in my hands and didn't bite me or get aggressive or try and run off and then I put it back after awhile.

I have a colony(or whatever the term is for a fuckload) of jumping spiders around my place here on the central coast, they're actually quite interesting to watch and are fairly inquisitive and there seems to be plenty of different varieties of them aswell, as for huntsmans, I have not seen one in two years since I moved up here...strange.

5. Aratama_Bashi

Aratama_Bashi Iron Photographer

interesting you should say that grassy. when i was a kid i seem to remember jumping spiders being everywhere..... these days i'd be lucky if i see one a year. i wonder what caused that change.

6. Creekin

Creekin (Taking a Break)

let's find out so we can do MORE of it! :lol:

but srsly, cicadas, blue tongue's, possums, used to see them all a time as a kid, can't recall the last time i saw any of them,
    funnel webs too, haven't seen a web for years, they used to be common on front lawns everywhere.... :confused:

edit: can we PLEASE not make this thread about "climate change"!! :p

7. pastafarian

pastafarian Member

They're there, watching.

I had a stare off with one a few weeks ago when I was up there. I won. It ran off and hid. The sound of it running makes me shudder though, like tapping your fingers on a wall, it was big!

8. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Friend was making a big fuss down stairs, went down stairs to see what it was about.
    [​IMG]

told her they're harmless but she's still giving a wide berth :lol:

9. Sleepy Dude..

Sleepy Dude.. Member

Where the fuck is my shotgun. I'll worry about the cops later; say i couldnt find my hammer to run an network cable.

10. Talleh

Talleh Member

I totally need to convince Ravenkittie to post about her 'omg there was a huntsman on my head!' experience :lol:

11. Aratama_Bashi

that's impressive, radiant. very impressive.

has anyone ever been eating like, cereal or porridge or something like that and then all of a sudden, you spoon out a massive fuck-off wolf spider, and it goes berserk and attacks you??

not until now i'm guessing ;)

12. Creekin

Creekin (Taking a Break)

there goes cereal from my diet, fuck you very much :mad:
    :Paranoid:

:p
    edit : *goes to kitchen and tosses coco pops :( .... * srsly, they were "old" and had been out for a while, but just looking at them gives me goosebumps now! :lol:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  13. JoJoker

JoJoker (Banned or Deleted)

I vacumed under my couch the other month

Found five red backs and put them in a jar; I think they are still there but idk

Biggest spider I've seen but was when I was around 5. Walking through the back gate there was a huge huntsman on the wall as I came thorugh. Bro put a bucket over it and EVERY leg still stuck out half an inch.

I'm still not afraid of spiders (I am paranoid of them while driving though).

14. Creekin

Creekin (Taking a Break)

:confused: wtf? did u just put a jar on top and leave it under the couch?

car spiders are the WORST!!!!!
    never forget that insurance ad, where the huntsman drops down from sun visor :eek: and dude bounces the car off everything in the st. (was filmed in my mates old st btw :D )

spider on windscreen :thumbdn:
    the worst part is the few secs as u try to work out which side they are on!
    the best part when u realise it's the wiper side...
    muhahahahhahahaha :lol:

15. sooti

sooti Member

lived next to the bush for several years.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

ducks, kookaburras, blue tongues are all your friends.

Im scared of millipedes, im not talking about the 5cm-10cm variety, im talking about the 30cm variety, couldnt kill them with a cricket bat because theyre so tough.

16. Aratama_Bashi

kookaburras ftw.

guys i'm noticing a pattern here... like, the spiders seem to be eating insects and stuff (and the odd person here and there)... then there are animals that are eating the spiders.... it's like some kind of... i dunno.... like a chain?

17. BassKat

BassKat Member

As long as your windows on both sides are up!!

My dad use to park his car in the front of the house right under a tree, and there would be huntsman spiders in there once a month or so. Always had to check around doors, windscreens and sun visors to make sure I wouldn't cause an accident once I started driving :Paranoid:

18. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

my brother used to find redbacks in old shoes (we used to have pile of them sitting outisde for some reason) and put them in jars. sealed the top with chux and a rubber band for breathing. spider fights ftw :thumbup: had two redbacks in one big jar for awhile, we put in a daddy long legs in and it dominated them both.

19. Creekin

Creekin (Taking a Break)

+1 kookas ftw :thumbup:

the animal with the can of mortein is at the top of said chain ^ :D

edit:
    :thumbup: you only make that mistake once :Paranoid:

20. richard0296

richard0296 Member

fook me in the ah noos,

i know they aren't poisonous, but they really are terrifying looking things aren't they :wired: