Copper and Alu

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by lukepankau2002, Sep 14, 2006.

1. OP
    OP
    lukepankau2002

lukepankau2002 Member

ok... so the go for me to is to use my anti corrosive fluid with ma deminiralised water and yes im willing to go as far as grounding all my components.... i'll attache some wire to each bit of different metal and try to isolate my w/c blocks from anything electrical

.... is this sufficiant ?

or can more steps b taken ?

i dont want hassles... and i def dont want to have to flush my loop in a month

oh and im using zalman anti corrosive fluid is this suitable for my loop ?

http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=159&code=021

2. Kiba

Kiba RIP Lest we forget!

imo any anti corrosive fluid is better than none, and almost always better than having distilled water in there. but i still think is over kill electrically grounding components. maybe just go with a through bolt throught the radiator making contact with the bare metal of the case ?? should suffice imo. personally i run an all copper system so i dont run into any of these problems. but i would never run distelled water, even in an all same metal circuit. i would always use a water addative.

3. MMD

MMD Member

Well if u actually went to the link i posted, u will notice that its not my setup.
    and the quote in the post was for about anyone who has noticed any corrosion, with pictures.

i personally have not noticed any corrosion in my setup. (all copper though)

on another note - isn't the gigabyte 3d galaxy an all alluminum radiator with a copper base block ? many people use their system. and not many have reported any corrsion. I doubt people are electrically isolating thier systems, but most likely the coolant has an anti-corrosion additive.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  4. Kiba

Kiba RIP Lest we forget!

thats a good point, if any one viewing this thread is using a gigabyte galaxy please let us know if you have experienced any corrosion issues. although it would only realy prove that gigabytes corrosion inhibitor is efective enought to reduce the corrosion. not any thing to do with isolation etc etc. good spotting mmd kudos.