[WORKLOG] Corsair 750D Case Builds

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by KoiTech, Sep 24, 2013.

1. sugaris

sugaris Member

2. OJR

OJR Member

Just email Corsair direct. They usually send these out to you direct and very promptly too. I had an issue where I broke the panel on my old 650D, I email Corsair saying it was my fault and I was happy to pay for a new one but they just sent me one for free.

3. sugaris

sugaris Member

Cheers for the info... logged a ticket with Corsair support. Have to wait and see what happens now I guess?

4. Ziggeh

Ziggeh New Member

So, first ever post on this forum! Just been snooping around looking at what people are doing with their 750d's, and I cannot wait to do my build! Had my parts sitting in my room for a month now, just waiting on the last few things to arrive then I will commence my 750d watercooled build. Wildly keen, as you guys may be able to tell :p what have people been doing with their builds, any words from the wise for someone attempting their first WC build in this case?

5. sugaris

sugaris Member

have a read of this thread mate... two 750D water cooled builds in there. :thumbup:

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1111053

6. Sven76

Sven76 Member

This is mine. I took better photos yesterday and have not had time to upload them yet. I am looking to put something on the white fascia at the front maybe a temp sensor's LED readout on there just for bling.

[​IMG]

7. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

gorgeous!

just want to know, what are your temps like? i see you only have a 120.3 rad up top and this is in violation of OCAU's MoreRads© policy

8. Sven76

Sven76 Member

I too subscribe to the Moar Rad theory http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=948434

That was for cpu alone :) 4 x 120

This time it was a space and look thing and this is a thicker RAD.
    Temps are

Click to view full size!

9. Ziggeh

Ziggeh New Member

Sweet build! yeah I've had a read through of some of the build logs, I'm getting way too excited now lol. Majority of my parts rolled in yesterday, just waiting on some of my final watercooling gear and my best mate to come back from sydney, and I will have this build going! I'll be sure to chuck pictures up as I go :D I'm diggin the alphacool radiator, I'm doing the same but in black, and I've got a slim up top and will have the 60mm either in the front or at the bottom :D

10. Ziggeh

Ziggeh New Member

Also guys, another thing I want an opinion on... This is something that's been troubling me for a while, and I just wanted to know what experience people have had in chipset cooling, and the watercooling connections between their chipset/cpu etc.

So for example, I'm going to be using a rampage IV extreme which will have the mosfet, cpu and chipset blocks all in close proximity; probably too close to connect with the 1/2 inch tubing that im using. I've been filtering through the 100's of types of right angle connectors and pictures on the web about how people have done it, but I just wanted to know personally what some people have done/what has worked for them :)

I'm using monsoon fc compression fittings, anyone got any ideas about something that'd look quite nice along with those?

thanks so much for the help :D

11. aeries

aeries Member

you can use angles to create short and neat looks, but you can also loop the tubes around. i had the rampage iv and cpu thing, and you can go to my thread to see how i did mine. mine was harder because i had banks of ram along with it but i'm sure you can find a way :)

12. Moptimus

Moptimus Member

Get some of the koolance expandable SLI fittings like this, have a 90 degree female to female and a rotary 90 male to female.

That gets you from a high point to a low point, and you do not have to worry about tube turns.

13. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

tempting to downsize the 800D to one of these, assume they do push/pull ok with rad in top?

14. Ziggeh

Ziggeh New Member

thanks for the help guys, i'm now mulling over whether i should try this sli fitting thing or just modify my water flow path to allow for slightly longer tube lengths (to minimise kinking of the tubes) on the chipset/cpu wb's. hopefully my last package rolls up next week so i can start actually putting it together and working out where things need to go, because im having trouble visualising aspects of it :p

invared, i read your build log of your 900d, looks sick as, but yeah, such a shame it's being unused! dont worry bro, im ethnic too and i know this pain. dad cut the power cord to our tv so we couldnt watch it, for almost a whole year, no tv!

15. Jakusonfire

Jakusonfire Member

16. Sven76

Sven76 Member

I think the flash washes it out a bit and would look better in real life. Very neat build still though :)

I see you also cut holes in the front to allow more air great idea :)