Corsair h100x AIO question re: Mobo upgrade

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Vo0do0, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Vo0do0

Vo0do0 Member

Hi all, I think it's a straight forward question. But I'll ask anyway.

Currently running AIO water cooler on socket 115x CPU/board combo. About to upgrade to socket 1200 CPU/board. I know the AIO will switch out to the 1200 socket/cpu asthey are the same size/similar according to Corsair website. But what about the X on the back of the 115x Mobo? from memory is attached with double sided tape. Does it come off easily will i break itMaybe I'm wrong. Can someone confirm its interchangeable or do I need to eBay something new? Rather order something now than find out mid brain surgery!

2. M1ck1

M1ck1 Member

WD 40 will remove most glue tape etc try carefully lifting and spraying leave for awhile and try again repeat or very carefully cut the tape between the motherboard and fitting single sided razor blade more chance of damaging the board and fingers

3. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Mick's on the money, I use Orange Power myself for removing TIM and sticky residue but WD40 works too :thumbup:

M1ck1 likes this.
  4. d1ng0d4n

d1ng0d4n Member

It will be fine to gently peel off of the motherboard. The tape is for holding the bracket in place while you mount the pump/top.

5. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Using WD40 to remove residue from electronics is some of the dumbest shit I hear from time to time, it's a damn lubricant, use the right tool for the right job.

Use IPA clean off residue in a few swipes.