Corsair H90 and H110 coolers released

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Tazor, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Tazor

Tazor Member

Sorry if there's already a thread for these but I searched and nothing really popped up so thought I'd start a discussion. I've actually been eagerly awaiting something like these for a while considering many cases, especially those from Lian Li and my cases maker Cubitek, come with predominantly 140mm fans and it seems strange that no 140mm AIO coolers have been released yet, so hopefully this starts a competitive trend.

Just a few reviews I got from googling:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_h90_review,1.html

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013...hydro_liquid_cpu_cooler_review/1#.UTE1DjCqa6M

http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/cooling/liquid/33257-corsair-h90-h110?showall=&limitstart=

And product links from PCCG:

H90

H110

These look like really worthwhile coolers, all the review I read were positive and you can see why. Closed loops have always had good mid end cooling capabilities but you'd have to use high speed, high noise fans to really reap the benefits, where as the H90 and H110 don't really need speeds above 1500RPM, probably not even over 1000RPM to get comparable performance to other AIO coolers but with significantly lower noise. I plan on buying the H90 for myself as I have a top mounted 140mm fan directly above my motherboard which will be perfect for mounting the H90 and keeping my system how I like it. Quiet.

So well done to corsair I say, for once again paving the way for AIO coolers for the mainstream consumer, what are your thoughts on these?

Cheers

Tazor

2. OP
    OP
    Tazor

Tazor Member

And just thought I'd raise another question as to what people think the best fan would be for these coolers? I have Thermalrite X-Silents which are unbelievably quiet, but there might be better options I'm unaware of.

3. zero_velocity

zero_velocity Member

Sorry to burst your bubble here but NZXT already released a 140.2 AIO cooler, heres a link;

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/cpu_cooler/kraken_x60

Only difference is that Corsair have better channels for pushing their products into (and established product base) so while it seems they are the first to the market, they are in fact playing catch up.

Get them to release a 360mm or 420mm AIO cooler and I will be interested :thumbup:

4. OP
    OP
    Tazor

Tazor Member

thanks for that, yeah didn't really look into it til I saw them on PCCG :p

5. YoSiMeTe_SaM

YoSiMeTe_SaM Member

They all seem to come from Asetek anyway. They are better than air for sure, if you want quiet.

6. Oblivion-330

Oblivion-330 Member

I really dont like that mounting system, its the same as the h50 by the looks of it. Was a serious pain in the ass to mount that one.

7. OP
    OP
    Tazor

Tazor Member

Yeah I agree, not sure why they didn't stick with the square design of the lower h80 and h100... It's still better than most tower coolers imo.

8. tunksy

tunksy Member

too thin, doubt there'd be a hell of a lot of difference between the 110 and 100i.
    the funs supplied are (from the looks of it) nowhere near the quality of the ones on the 100i.

9. OP
    OP
    Tazor

Tazor Member

true, you can buy the equivalents separately but they're $25 each, which I guess is why they're so much cheaper... but for around the same performance you do get a lot lower noise levels, which is what intrigues me.

10. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

The Thermaltake dual 120 is better :p

Thick dual rad.

then again with the H220 out, that's even better still.

11. Unframed

Unframed Member

Great to see more options in the kit WC market, still waiting for a 180mm for my FT02 though.

12. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

13. Unframed

Unframed Member

14. OP
    OP
    Tazor

Tazor Member

bought my H90, will let people know how it is when I install it. One thing I noticed is the block is much bigger than previous revisions, which I think is a good thing

15. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

could put a 120mm there, with the AP fan it should do okay still. I'e seen builds with 120's in the bottom.

16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

they just need to make a hella thick 240mm, 280mm is not supported by too many cases.

17. OP
    OP
    Tazor

Tazor Member

I just think they should have a thick and thin variant of all their closed loops, something for the space conscious and then the one for the people who want a big rad without the hassle.

18. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

you mean, like, how you can get thick and thin rads closed loop already?

19. zero_velocity

zero_velocity Member

Links plz? I am yet to see a rad more than 25mm-30mm thick.

Edit: Sry, remembered the corsair ones, but they're low fpi which is pretty gay..... and also only 120.1

20. OP
    OP
    Tazor

Tazor Member

I mean all of them, there's no h80 thickness variant of the h100. There are only thin 140 closed loops too, what if I want a thick one without doing a full loop?