1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Corsair Hydro Series H80, H100 CPU Coolers Officially Released

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, May 25, 2011.

1. fang_laluna

fang_laluna Member

I'd like to know how it performs against Rasa 750 RX240. Considering the price

2. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Am I reading this correctly?

H80 review mentions:
    "The main component in the H80 is the CPU block which as well as using a micro-channel copper plate with thermal paste pre-applied also houses the pump for our cooler."

Does this mean that the cpu block comes with preapplied thermal paste? Is this standard? If so, any idea what type of paste is it?

3. DNX

DNX Member

Pre applied - yes.
    standard - yes
    Shin Etsu

4. zdream

zdream Member

H100 looks damn nice. Not sure whether to spend $160 on it or $108 on the Noctua D14.

My u12p has served me well on my 775 board.

5. fang_laluna

fang_laluna Member

I'll wait for other reviews to come out. That temp result is almost the same as my 930 @ 4.3 1.35v with NH-D14 (slightly higher load temp, but it's winter now). I don't think it's worth it price/performance wise.

6. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

No but for people like me with cramped cases these coolers look to be a god send.

7. doodz

doodz Member

Im looking at putting the H80 into the Silverstone TJ-08E :thumbup:

H100 can be had for ~$150 delivered.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  8. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

9. Ice009

Ice009 Member

What kind of temps are you getting on your NH-D14?

I'm looking at getting an NH-D14, but I wanted to see how this went first. I'd probably prefer Air Cooling though since I leave this rig on most of the time. Not sure I'd feel comfortable with watercooling in a 24/7 rig.

I've currently got my Xeon W3520 (i7 920) running at 4.2Ghz 1.248V under load in Windows, and temps still get over 70 with a Prolimatech Megahalems. 80+ when running LinX (Only usually do a few runs with this though and more with Prime95).

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  10. fang_laluna

fang_laluna Member

I had custom loop 24/7 before. I don't see the problem.

My temp with NH-D14 idle: 42ish load: 79ish

11. b00gs

b00gs Member

I am the proud new owner of an H80 if you guys have any questions you want answered.

PS. Just lost my OCAU virginity

12. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

How quiet is the low setting? Because traditionally, Corsair's idea of low in their cases means very loud. :D
    Congrats. The first post is always awkward. :lol:

13. b00gs

b00gs Member

Well quietness is rather subjective, but I now have the side off and can hardly hear it from about 60cms away (on the floor) and on low. On high, it's definitely loud if I have my head next to the case, but from the same distance it doesn't bother me too much. It's nothing compared to the roar of my stock case fans all on high - which never bothers me because my computer isn't in my bedroom and I wear headphones :D

So if you have your case up on the desk, right next to you and you're using it at midnight with no ambient noise, I'm sure you'll think it's loud on high.

From reading the reviews of all the other Corsair coolers, when I first installed it and put it on high I thought "Is this working alright?". I was expecting it to be like a vacuum cleaner :D

14. b00gs

b00gs Member

I'd definitely go a custom loop if I wasn't such a noob and didn't buy a fail case.

15. AudioFX

AudioFX Member

What's wrong with the Antec 902?

16. b00gs

b00gs Member

Nothing really, I'm just annoyed that I didn't plan ahead when I bought it. I have intentions to watercool over the Summer holidays, and the case is a little cramped. I'm in love with the Corsair 800D and wish I didn't look at the $$ when it came to buying a case.

On the topic, you can't fully close the side panel on the 902 with the H80 in without removing part of the sidefan mount. (I knew this). Atm, I don't want to go wrecking the case if I plan on selling it.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  17. AudioFX

AudioFX Member

Ah ok fair enough, I was just wondering as I built a computer with it and found no issues with the case :)

18. consumer

consumer Member

Would the H80 work in a Fractal 3 case?

19. project smokey

project smokey Member

i have one in a fractal arc midi tower works a treat :)

20. consumer

consumer Member

Cool, is the cooler a tight fit?

I know it's about performance but the H80 looks less bulkier/smaller than the Antec K├╝hler to me. Also looks better to the eye, vain I know but oh well.

I'm either going a Noctua D14 or a Corsair H80, which do you think is better?