Corsair Hydro X in Lian Li Dynamic XL

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Will S, Jan 16, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

ok........well shouldn't be touch it but going to put a 240 or 360 ek quantum-kinetic flt

[​IMG]

replace the Hydro x pump and reservoir and remove the riser card , put the 360 rad at the bottom and put the EK at the side (where the 360 rad was )...can plug that into the motherboard and have RGB fusion do a nice 2 colored system, the 240 gives me more room and even thinking about going hard tubing

any comments on the EK-Quantum-Kinetic-FLT?

tunksy and Bolter01 like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

well turned all the motherboards leds off and turned the fans off as well and just have the cpu, res and gpu showing

looks great especially in the dark but camera phone is shit for taking pics

[​IMG]

tunksy and Bolter01 like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

have ordered

Lian li 011 Dynamic XL and riser brackets and cable
    EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 360

So its going to be
    top: 55mm 360 rad and fans at top
    bottom: 30mm 360 rad and fans at bottom

Maybe petg 10/12mm

Maybe bolt the current Pump/res to the EK FLT 360 at the front/side and go from there to the FLT360 and from the flt360 to bottom rad and from bottom rad to gpu and then to cpu and then to top rad and back into top of current pump/res

disconnect the rgb from the the resovoir and use the RGB from the FLT 360 to shine through

BUT I think I will transfer everything to the larger XL and use current soft tube to get a feeling for how I want the lopp to run

EDIT: major screwup, I assumed that the top of the case if anything would be slightly bigger but in fact its smaller and my rad and fans wont fit and they wont fit in the bottom either as thats 69mm clearance with riser card bracket..........so its no riser card which suxs because the gpu looks great mounted vertically..or spend more money and get a 40mm rad for the bottom. And a big thumbs down to lian li because they dont show the clearance required.....just say 360/280/240 rad but omit the thickness

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  4. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

need another Radiator so am going OVERKILL and have 3 Radiators in the build and no EK FLT360

so the 30MM 360 Rad will go in the top, the 55MM 360 Rad will go inthe side/front with the Pump/Res attached to that..basically swapping them around and putting either a 40mm 280 or 40mm 360 Rad in the bottom..think about a 280mm with 2 x HD140 fans...

may get the case first and do my own measurments to see what fits

5. juzz86

juzz86 Member

When I'm doing loops for other people, 30mm 360s are my go-to. They fit in just about any case, work well with a very quiet fan, and have enough capacity for a stock CPU and GPU with better-than-air temps. Can't go wrong with them if you're not chasing the last Degree :thumbup:

There's some well-documented clearance issues with three radiators in the O11s - I don't know if that's fixed in the O11 XL, but you seem to be all over your measurements anyway - just worth noting :thumbup:

6. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

Pretty sure I had to put the 360 at the front /side with the outlets at the top because access to the outlets were hampered the other way around. I just assumed that with the increased size of the xl I would have slightly more room at the top but instead they have less.........

The thing is I have to get the XL case first and actually see how things go together

7. juzz86

juzz86 Member

I noticed that after your last post mate - I thought there was no way you'd be more restricted at the top - but they put ALL the new space at the bottom! I mean I get it - fat intake rad in push/pull, but to sacrifice utility while going bigger is a bit of a missed target I think.

8. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

No idea why they did that......and they dont show that in the specs...may even sell the 55mm rad and put a 240 ek flt at the front,,and a 40mm rad at the bottom and that would give me a clean connection from the bottom of the flt to the radiator...........but like I said , will just get the XL case first and see how things screw in

9. darkbastard

darkbastard Member

pretty sure a 280mm rad will be too wide. You can fit a 60mm 360 rad in the bottom though.

Careful of GPU length if attaching a pump/res to the side mount. My Gaming X Trio was too long to fit a rad and the pump.

I have the same case and will check for you tonite but the specs indicate 120mm width only

10. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

280 at bottom and top but not at side on the xl

even considering the 011 distro res and not using the riser card and just have 4 tubes with one bend ( or even have all straight with 90 degree fittings )

11. darkbastard

darkbastard Member

I stand corrected - I wanted to use a 420 and couldnt and then my man brain failed me and I got confused.

Such is the life of an aging doofus

12. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

I have trouble remembering my name..............and I am not aging anymore, have crashed that barrier

13. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

had a good look at the xl .......

have decidedto put ina 3rd rad...a EK CoolStream SE 360 Slim Triple Radiator that will go on the top with the thick 55mm just failing to fit the top....maybe possible but not worth it as I could damage something...that will give me 6 fans blowing in and 4 fans exiting and keep going with tubing

have ordered the parts and may start draining and pulling apart this system today

edit:and of course with an extra rad I need 3 more fans so have stripped all my Noctua Chromx 120 fans from my other PC...........and put 2 140mm Corsair fans ( may have been original fans with the case that I replaced with RGB and replaced them with Noctua as RGB went into 011 Dynamic )that I had laying around into old PC

So that will be 6 RGB fans into XL and 4 noctua 120 fans .........may put the Noctua NF S12A behind the 55 mm radiator that is at the front/side of case and one for exhaust. The 6 RGB will go go into bottom and top...not sure if they will be on top or below rads...maybe having the top rad at the top of the case with 3 fans under pushing and the rad on the bottom with 3 fans on top sucking in or maybe the opposite so the case is not dominated by RGB

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  14. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

ok...what a day, the drain didnt go that good but in the end managed to get it all out and have put so much back ....just waiting for the new rad and some fittings ( plus ek coolant ) to arrive

the blue are the remaining softtubing and at the bottom rad going to have a splitter for the drainage

so its cpu to 30mm rad on top to reservoir to 55 mm rad on side ( behind reservoir ) and to 30mm rad on bottom and that splits to drain and to gpu and back to cpu

[​IMG]

and to be perfectly honest...I should have left everything alone after inital build

15. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

Corsair Parts for 3 radiator setup
    $109 Hydro X Series XC7 RGB CPU Water Block
    $229 Hydro X Series XG7 RGB 20-series GPU Water Block (2080 Ti FE)
    $109 Hydro X Series XR5 360 Radiator
    $169 Hydro X Series XR7 360 Radiator -thicker radiator wont fit at top or bottom if using rizer card so better 2 XR5's
    $229 Hydro X XD5 RGB Reservoir/Pump Combo
    $25 Hydro X Series XT SL 10/13mm PVC Tubing 3m - plenty
    $137 Hydro X Series XF SL 10/13mm Comp Fittings -need 12 and comes in packets of 4
    $78 Hydro X Series XF AF 45 Deg Rot.Fitting G1/4 - need 4
    $78 Hydro X Series Fitting G1/4 90 Degree Adapter - need 4,they come in packets with 2 in each and you can use 45 or 90 depending on the tube flow you need
    $29 Hydro X Series Fitting G1/4 Y-Splitter Rotary Adapter - dont need unless putting drain on bottom radiator
    $29 Hydro X Series Fitting G1/4 Shut-Off Ball Valve Adapter
    $98 Commander PRO Link System and RGB Fan LED Hub -without Commander Pro dont go Hydro X ....doesnt matter if you dont go RGB fans because they are not really need as the RGB from CPU/GPU and Reservoir is great by itself
    $79 EK-CoolStream SE 360 - added this to make 3 radiators in system but you can save a few dollars by getting this instead of the Corsair XR5. Also can save money by getting EK Classic ( their cheap line ) fittings for $6 each . I went Corsair because I wanted to make sure everything fitted to gether
    will update the cost after completing the build and will then have an accurate number of fittings required

oh, not going to add up because I can see the cost is way too much:sick::sick::sick:

then we have a EK loop that doesnt include the GPU block or angled fittings

Corsair Hydro X Series XG7 2080 FE RGB GPU Water Block 1 $229.00 $229.00
    Corsair Hydro X Series XC7 115X/AM4 RGB CPU Water Block 1 $109.00 $109.00
    Corsair Hydro X Series XD5 RGB Pump/Reservoir Combo 1 $229.00 $229.00
    Corsair Hydro X Series XT SL 10/13mm PVC Tubing 3m 1 $25.00 $25.00
    EK-STC Classic Fitting 10/13 Black Nickel 12 $6.00 $72.00
    EK CoolStream PE 360 Triple Radiator 1 $119.00 $119.00
    EK-AF Angled 45 Degree G1/4 Black Nickel 2 $9.00 $18.00
    EK-AF Angled 90 Degree G1/4 Black Nickel 2 $9.00 $18.00
    EK CoolStream SE 360 Slim Triple Radiator 1 $79.00 $79.00
    Corsair Commander PRO Link System 1 $98.00 $98.00

Sub total $996.00
    eParcel Standard $25.00
    GST included $92.82
    Total
    $1,021.00

That is with postage from PC Case Gear and using EK products that are cheaper but no fans are included. Commander Pro is included because it works great with Corsair GPU,CPU and Reservoir/Pump and its great for controlling fan speed even if they are not Corsair fans

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  16. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

ok, have plugged wires in and have ended up spendinh hours on the GPU and the bloody fuckin riser bracket from lian-li. Basically wanted the card close to the glass and all connections behind but after getting it all connected up realised that the cable from the GPU to monitor would fit......the bottom of the plug was flush with one of the walls ....and wouldnt fit in the next one as the slots in the case didnt line up so ended up with it been crammed ( the cable ) very close to motherboard . Anyway the blue cable will go behind the card ..basically two more tubes plus drain to go

[​IMG]

17. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

have connected the loop up with what I have gpu to bottom of 55mm rad and had a huge leak when I started adding demineralised water......forgot to put a plug on the side of the pump ..anyway now running to check for leaks, have a big drain at the bottom that should make it easy to drain this time. Going to get it up and running tonight or tomorrow..cable management plan is jamming it all in and putting the plate over the top :)

Main reason is I want to make sure the riser cable works before I sell the other one from the smaller brother and Auspost is doing a worse then ever performance .....

18. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

well looks like I may have killed something....cant get graphics with either riser card, can get a flicker of windows login screen but that is it

I guess the thing to do is to ditch the riser card and put the original bracket back in and hope it works

19. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Yep, in my very limited experience riser cables are a fucking travesty. $29 one dodgy, $79 one dodgy too. I gave up and swapped back to horizontal GPU mount, didn't have the patience for going through any more cables to find one that worked.

20. OP
    OP
    Will S

Will S Member

well ended up getting the shits and that is not good to have when working on a PC

note: be careful when installing water loop but be more careful when removing things. Had the Commander pro taped down and instead of firstly removing the cables I ripped the CP of the tape but this time the tape held and I had 3 parts of the Commander Pro. Then when fulling the loop back up I tipped it over but the drainage plug was sticking out and the valve got caught on the table edge and pulled the thing off...I didnt put the retaining screw on and water came out ...lucky that I had a bucket there from when I removed the water to change to a vertical mount. Just 2 of the bloopers I had today

right now I just feel like throwing it all in the bin

anyway.......time to order a pizza and sit back and enjoy some coke ( the drinkable one )

thecondor likes this.