Corsair Vengeance 1500 Earcup Pads Causing Irritation?

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by SiliconAngel, Jan 26, 2012.

1. SiliconAngel

SiliconAngel Member

I picked up a set of Vengeance 1500's for personal use recently, and while acoustically the 1500's are excellent for the money (IMO) and the fit is quite good (once I applied a bit of mechanical pressure to the headband to soften it up, I admit), Corsair's new Vengeance 1500 headsets feature a soft synthetic velure cloth on the earcups and after just 15 minutes of use I found my skin started itching like crazy wherever the earcup velure made contact. I contacted Corsair, and without so much as another question, they sent me a set of leatherette earcup pads for the HS1 (model number: CA-HS1-EARPADS, lot No: 111904472) which, being exactly the same dimensions, fit perfectly. I've been using them for a couple of days now (the longest session without a break was around six hours) with no discomfort whatsoever :)

So if anyone has a Vengeance 1500 headset and they find the velure cloth earcup pads uncomfortable or itchy, I recommend you contact the Corsair support team to get a set of leatherette earcup pads sent out (which IMO the headsets should have shipped with as an option originally).