Cougar Xenomorph

Discussion in 'Modding Worklogs' started by Bearded Dragon, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Bearded Dragon

Bearded Dragon Member

Hi all, I've decided to redo my current rig which some of u may have seen here:https://forums.overclockers.com.au/threads/rog-snowcone.1241562/. Rebuilding now as a Alien vs predator inspired build, new features over last one include: Custom paintwork, Custom new panels, case modification, dual reservoirs and few other things. Will post photos I have already and please do let me know what u think as it progresses [​IMG]

Note: the shots of the paintwork is first coat, finish is much better now and the cut outs on top panel have been extended from their original size

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Evilhomer likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Bearded Dragon

Bearded Dragon Member

New pics (sorry not in correct order)

1st pic: Hdd and Ssd installed

2nd pic: First painted gtx1070 mounted

3rd pic: Top bracket and legs installed

4th pic: Painted mobo/cpu block mounted with ram installed

5th pic: Fill port drilled and installed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Evilhomer likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Bearded Dragon

Bearded Dragon Member

Pic 1: ek dual pump mounted

Pic 2: both gpus mounted with painted sli bridge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. OP
    OP
    Bearded Dragon

Bearded Dragon Member

Exciting update, the custom arcylic front panel with additional cutouts is complete and painted[​IMG]

DSTM (Dougie), Defyant and mad_mic3 like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Bearded Dragon

Bearded Dragon Member

New update

Received reservoirs and have added the alien inserts, Also got my order of oh yes.. savage jerky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Evilhomer likes this.
  6. Malakai

Malakai Member

Super cool, love the chest burster and face hugger in the res. Following this for sure.

7. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Laugh it up, fuzzball!

How much for one of those Jerky packets :D

ysojelly likes this.
  8. ysojelly

ysojelly Member

Ordered about 15 packs of Savage a few months back, its legitimately good stuff. Both sriracha and Maple, plus the mojo range if you can handle the spice :)

9. OP
    OP
    Bearded Dragon

Bearded Dragon Member

Update: Fans and radiators installed. Sorry about slight blurryness, Light conditions wasnt the best
    Also yes mojo is also very tasty with a good but not too hot kick 20181120_124821.jpg 20181120_124816.jpg 20181120_124827.jpg

10. OP
    OP
    Bearded Dragon

Bearded Dragon Member

Oh yeah also decided if I can find the right materials I will make the xenomorph tail which will attach to top plate and curve down to under the motherboard area

11. Defyant

Defyant Member

Coming along nice BD love the look of that window:thumbup:

Like i say to the missus every night , i love a sexy cougar ! :D

12. OP
    OP
    Bearded Dragon

Bearded Dragon Member

Warning bad pun ahead, was wondering defyant if the missus introduced some moves into the bedroom that were new would u say they were "alien" to u :D

13. OP
    OP
    Bearded Dragon

Bearded Dragon Member

Okie dokie got pics of dual pump sleeving using some split sleeving from bunnings, I like the ribbed tubing as i think it has a alienish look to it more then black cables. Also reservoirs are mounted 20181128_104933.jpg 20181128_170419.jpg 20181128_170414.jpg 20181128_170406.jpg

14. Malakai

Malakai Member

Looking good, you should use some black heat shrink on the pump end of that convoluted tube instead of the zip tie and spin the other zip tie in the middle of the cable so it is less conspicuous. Good work

15. OP
    OP
    Bearded Dragon

Bearded Dragon Member

Well the ziptie is their purely there to make sure the spilt tube doesnt open but I think it might not be needed so will prob just remove it, ty for tip on middle one

16. Defyant

Defyant Member

How cool would it be , when ppl tap the glass the face hugger moved!

Yer zip ties man, they have no place in a mod nowadays. But in saying that i seen a $12000 show case build the other day covered in them.... and he justified having them there....!

The way i used to hold my split loom in place was to squeeze some hot glue into the end and fill it. This would set around the wire and hold the loom in that spot.

17. OP
    OP
    Bearded Dragon

Bearded Dragon Member

I've cleaned up ties a Bit but might give hot glue a go, I did consider hot glue but wasn't sure wether it would melt the pump wire insulation

18. OP
    OP
    Bearded Dragon

Bearded Dragon Member

The hope with the reservoirs is as im using ek cyrofuel lime yellow u should still be able to see the models and they should look like they're floating in the middle of a statis chamber, also got primochill yellow coil which should contrast the green/yellow fluid nicely and they'll be threaded thru the panel vents to look like acid filled veins

Defyant likes this.
  19. OP
    OP
    Bearded Dragon

Bearded Dragon Member

New update: forgot to mention in last update that I would be overseas for most of December but should be back early January and work on this project will progress quickly so except more updates soon

20. Tazor

Tazor Member

Looking forward to seeing this completed! Snow Cone was a great build but as a big Alien's fan I can't wait to see the lime yellow cryofluid in there! Which is a strangely apt name for a fluid in this system haha

I feel like this case has the right aesthetics to be an Aliens themed build, especially with some subtle light blue lighting and maybe some boxy switches xD