1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by csimpson, Aug 12, 2011.

1. mercy420

mercy420 Member

Cool, we could start an OCAU:GO steam group or something for random pickup games?

Thanks, I think I'll just hop into some games this evening and see how I go. After chatting with a friend it sounds like the lower tiers aren't especially intimidating or even necessarily at the skill level I'm already at so hopefully I won't be holding anyone back.

Yeah I agree with you about the economy just getting messed up in casual games. Casual is still kind of fun but CS isn't exactly a complex game to wrap your head around to begin with so it seems a bit unnecessary for them to have made the economy changes and in the end it makes the flow of a match just feel quite random.

Thanks for mentioning Unity, I've seen plenty of streamers and youtubers playing on ESEA servers and asking about an equivalent was going to be a follow up question. I shall check it out.

I'm really loving CS:GO so far, I tried CS:S on friends' computers a couple of times and felt really alienated and put off by the feel of it. I have no idea if it's just that enough time has passed now since I last played CS or if they really did nail more of the original CS feeling, but either way GO is so awesome to get into. Especially after playing a whole lot of BF4 earlier in the year which was just ughh.

2. Kharak

Kharak Member

So I just made my first bet about an hour ago for a match that started 15 minutes ago as i type up this post. When I go into "my bets" there's already a return offer... how does that work? The game wouldnt even be finished yet would it?

3. aeries

aeries Member

You bet on the IBP vs eLevate game, didn't you?

IBP forfeited, so you got all your skins back. Nothing more, nothing less. :)

4. Kharak

Kharak Member

Ah okay so they did, didn't see the forfeit lol.

So next time when a game actually plays through, i'll obviously have to wait until the match ends until I can make any returns if I win yeah?

5. japes

japes Member

I think dibbs or mtw started one.

6. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

No, you get all the asiimovs before the match you bet on ends.

7. japes

japes Member

8. Taverner

Taverner New Member

Unboxed a factory new Butterfly Knife | Slaughter this evening, made a crappy day better.

9. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

Grats man! Whats that, like $400-$500? :thumbup:

10. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

I flicked back a few pages and couldn't find anything, where abouts/what do you guys use to do this betting on games?

11. aeries

aeries Member

csgolounge.com

12. Taverner

Taverner New Member

Looks that way :D

13. kilebantick

kilebantick Member

Where are you guys watching these matches? I'd love to watch for sure. Going back a bunch through this thread it looks like this game has developed into so much more than what I thought it was. Betting? Different variants of the classic guns? Keys, crates, skins? holy shit

14. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

You can bet here: http://csgolounge.com/
    You will also find the streams to watch the matches there as well. When a game goes live a stream will appear on that games match page.

Have fun :) Unfortunately my betting run is over. After having an increadible run of luck winning $350'ish i lost nearly all that on this morning's bullshit upsets.....God CS is fucken random sometimes, a team gets dominated by a mediocre team one day and the very next day they beat the current World No.1??? Ok then.... Yes i am a little dirty that i went all in on Fnatic to beat NiP after LDLC beat NiP fairly convincingly in a best of 3 the day before :(
    Also Nostalgie......wtf was that garbage i witnessed!!!??? I should come and castrate you shit Titan players, hopeless!

15. raGneG

raGneG Member

Another reason why it's hard to call it a 'sport' because it's so volatile.

16. DUO

DUO Member

sup all

long time CSS player, just picked up CS:GO last night. really enjoying it - like riding a bike. only took me a few rounds to start getting my mojo back ;)

Quick Qn:
    all these skins and items - are they rewards from playing the operation breakout ? So you buy the game CSGO, then u buy the missions, then you can get items ? have i got that right?

17. japes

japes Member

As Ap0c said, CSGoLounge has links to streams; mostly twitch.tv and hitbox.tv

May be worth just having a break. I bet high on the fnatic vs ATN and Epsilon vs MyXMG (Female) simply because they were easy, even at the ridiculous odds - avoided all the others because the teams are all over the place other than fnatic, and I knew their streak was bound to end at some point.

The whole Nostalgie thing is stupid - apparently one of the players has paid three Titan players to sub in; was ridiculous having HLTV update the rosters literally 30 seconds after the bets were locked against VP the other day - luckily it was Season and VP managed to win it anyway. Roster changes are allowed for in the rules but I don't think a team is a team when three people are subbing in for all matches.. Shit like that, especially when KQLY jokingly says "lets win some skins" when the odds were like 85/15 to VP is a poor way to potentially destroy the integrity of a booming eSport.

Volatile is good for watching, not for betting - I'm all for it :thumbup:

18. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

Yeah absolutely mate. As much as the whole betting thing is fun i believe it is ruining / going to ruin the whole scene. Because when the players are in complete control of the match they are playing (as in they can easily throw a match if they are at like 70+%) Hell if i was playing in a pro team and we were at 80+% odds and playing a match that didn't really mean anything i would absolutely throw it on occasion. I mean, fuck....you place a $240 bet on the other team when the winnings is $1,500 then purposely lose and pocket that $1,500 (which is about what a player would get for one of the medium tournaments if they win it, the 30k tournies where 1st place is like 10-12k for the team which when divided would prob be 1.5k each)

Also not to mention the amount of fucken trolling and bad attitudes the whole betting thing is creating in the community (which is one of the worst communities I have ever seen in a game, god it's bad, so many fuck-wit kids with attitudes)

/rant

19. japes

japes Member

Said close to the same thing a week or two ago. Double edged sword - It's good because it gets people watching and chatting, especially smaller tournaments. Detrimental because of complete lack of regulation and integrity - look at all the drama about IBP/Shahzam a few weeks back which I don't doubt are legitimate concerns - multiple CEVO dramas with Area51 and mOE the scum of a person.

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/cevo-match-fixing-netcode-guide-ibuypower/
    http://www.dailydot.com/esports/cevo-match-fixing-betting-ring-allegations/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/csgobetting...a51_lose_the_match_vs_ncg_on_purpose_on_cevo/

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  20. OnGsTa

OnGsTa Member

Is this currency CS:GO money or actual $?