Crackling in headset

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by UnCoNoob, Oct 13, 2017.

1. UnCoNoob

UnCoNoob Member

Hey.

I have a weird issue with my headset getting crackling when ever there is any sound played on the PC.

Now the strange part is they worked fine 2 days ago but Windows was taking 15mins to load and couldn't pin point the problem so I done a fresh install of Windows which fixed my booting issue but when I installed all the drivers for the headset now I get crackling every time any noise is made which never happened before.

So I thought ok the drivers might be the issue though they are the same version and all I was using before as still had the file on my other drive. So I uninstalled them and reinstalled them but no luck same issue. Then thought maybe some how the USB port is now faulty so I tried every USB port on my PC.

At this point I am looking at the USB single as a culprit so use the onboard audio I get the same crackling out of that. Ok so it must be the headset right? Go to the other PC plug it in use default drivers Windows dishes out play a movie and crisp clear sound. Ok so it must be the driver I installed again? I uninstall the drivers for it and let Windows install its own driver. The issue gets slightly better I mean it's still there and it really annoys me but its some what bearable from what it was.

Ok that is not all I done I changed powerboards, changed power sockets, turn off amp and sub to TV, took PC apart and fully cleaned PC too out all in needed cables as had 3 other hard drives in at a point and just left cables in.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the USB drivers? Seems far fetched but its the only thing I didn't try.

As I say the only thing that changed was fresh install of Windows.

Headset is sennheiset 363d
    OS is Windows 10 pro 64bit

2. OP
    OP
    UnCoNoob

UnCoNoob Member

Ok fixed it dunno what it was I uninstalled USB drivers and installed them from motherboard website and same problem so I uninstalled all drivers for headset and still done it so installed the sennheiser drivers again. Then I reset BIOS to default but when I applied it said there were no settings to be saved so nothing changed. Now it works now but for how long!!!!.

Very strange issue as I have done a fresh install of Windows 3 times this year as I hate clutter and usually can do it in 30mins and be running again. But first time thats happened although I did install new BIOS version same time I formatted so maybe why. But I reset it to default before installing Windows so I dunno

3. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

I usually dont eat pork whilst wearing my headphones....