Crazy video card pricing 2021

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by Slug69, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

Demand that far and away exceeds supply, I think at an unprecedented level due to various factors related to the pandemic coupled with another crypto currency boom.

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Member

The average person, here, is not the average person in the community..

Firstly.. people buy these machines, when they are on special, to part out..

Whilst.. you may not pay $500 for the rest of the machine..
    plenty of "normal" people would... if you saw what sort of crap was being sold at this price mark..

The machine is valuable.. intact.. minus videocard.. or with another videocard.. as a basic work horse... Agreed.. parting out to component level is financially unviable with these sort of machines.

The XPS equivalent with the 10700K was around the $1900 - $2000 mark....
    removing the video card left a perfectly usaable machine with onboard video for $400-$500.. if you sold the RTX3070 for $1500..

These specials are now gone though...!!

I would be more than happy toe pay $300-$500 for the rest of the machine.. minus the video card.. In fact I've have been looking around for such a machine.. but people seem to be asking / selling for between $700-$1500 for it..

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    dirkmirk likes this.
  3. shirl

shirl Member

O paid $990 free delivery in the last month the same care has hit 1198pp now..

4. toopy28

toopy28 Member

5. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

6. phreeky82

phreeky82 Member

Yeah that's ridiculous. I'd be particularly interested in knowing what components specifically are actually being used for the bulk part (i.e. the SSD in that TechBuy example). The only components I see extremely cheap are the garbage (A520) chipset AMD mobos, but I'm sure there are others I simply haven't stumbled across.

edit: Ironically it'd be hardest to find them on TechBuy's site, one of the worst in trying to search for particular components including those in-stock.

7. RenegadeX

RenegadeX Member

Seems Dell Ampere cards are starting to appear on ebay locally. They look like shit, there's only an 8 pin PWR on the 3060ti and there's absolutely no chance of warrenty. Good deal!!

8. OP
    OP
    Slug69

Slug69 Member

I am confused. You are complaining there is only a single 8 pin connector? To me this is heaven.

micsway123 likes this.
  9. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

A few have been sold here already. They are just reference design cards with an average cooler and green PCB. They are fine, but yeah in any normal market they would probably fetch about half of the equivalent aib card with a receipt/warranty.

10. RenegadeX

RenegadeX Member

The more power headroom the better IMO, it sucks when your card is happily clocking higher (and could go higher) but your clock speeds are limited by the single 8 pin! You've got a 2060 Super so surely you've hit that power limit of 175w. Not sure how this is confusing, considering this is a forum called Overclockers.

11. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Here in Taiwan, prices are getting weird.
    • RTX 3070 FE, US$570
    • MSI RTX 3070 Ventus X2, US$612
    • RTX 3080 FE, US$788
    • MSI RTX 3080 Ventus X3, US$1,000

12. Djuice

Djuice Member

$1000 USD for a 3080 is a bargain.

13. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Sure is, especially the way they're selling elsewhere. I don't understand why these prices have sunk so suddenly.

14. huskybusky

huskybusky Member

Is it actually obtainable? Order a few and see how it goes. and why not get the $788 FE?

15. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Yes they're obtainable, shipped directly from manufacturer. However they're sending them out in batches, so you need to wait a bit.

Yeah I am quite tempted. I'd rather not get the OC model; people are under-volting them since they tend to run hot and loud.

16. groovetek

groovetek Member

Heaven for mining, not heaven for overclocking.

FWIW, many lower end AIB cards are single 8-pin as well. And comparing say a MSI Twin Fan RTX3060Ti to a Dell RTX3060Ti, the Dell is by far a better card. Better thermal pads, less flimsy all over, lit RTX logo, runs cooler and more compact.

17. Luke212

Luke212 Member

well they work fine stock. So seems you are confused.

18. RenegadeX

RenegadeX Member

Yeah but more power = more FPS. Right? Higher core clocks! This is a forum called overclockers... :S

Well guys with the price of ETH and payrates through the roof, buy a card now, right now if you need one.

19. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Where from? I never know where to look at these sorts of things overseas. No idea which sellers are reputable or not.

20. groovetek

groovetek Member

Surely none of this is in stock.