Create Your Taste at McDonalds

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by supasaiyan, Apr 22, 2015.

1. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

God the poor workers who have to make these new burger combinations.

2. JugV2

JugV2 Member

They can't even get the existing menu items right ffs, how are they going to go making "gourmet" or as I call them "choose your own adventure" burgers?

3. reunig

reunig Member

I'm not surprised the franchisees are annoyed with these changes imposed on them by head office. McDonalds needs to refocus on what they are good at and what they are, instead of trying to be something they are not.

4. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

McDonalds lost the plot years back when it started decreasing the size of the burgers, changed to a different cheese and changed their buns.

I was a huge Macca's fan, now I can't even stand the taste of it.

5. 6thgear

6thgear Member

It's only put on at major flagship stores so not every store has it yet or will have it ever possibly.
    My local one at South Melb is one of those flagship stores, i havn;'t had one of the custom burgers but i've seen them come out and they actually looked very good.... i was surprised.
    Keen to try one soonish though

6. OP
    OP
    supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

i wonder if they would bring them out to you, or would you have to wait at the counter for it??

also, when is the first video going to come out of some moron making a burger with every single ingredient?

7. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

They bring it out to you. .well that they that one at mine. Burger is average. .still doesn't compare to grilled and grilled isn't even that great.

8. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I saw they had launched that on Monday, the only thing I used the kiosk for was to order one of their new lamb and fetta wraps which are awesome :thumbup: As someone who worked at maccas I would have loved this years ago as putting in an order for someone who wants a cheeseburger with no pickles or extra patties was always a total PITA

9. broccoli

broccoli Member

I'm the opposite, I didn't like it before, now I think they've got some nice food.

Subway can do their buns with what people ask for, why couldn't maccas do that burger-wise if they had a similar setup?

(I had one of those lamb and fetta wraps too, I thought it was nice. Their salads are nice. Interestingly, the menu board on the drivethrough looked like pictures of cafe food. There were no pictures of the sundaes or the "bad" stuff up, just the wraps and new chicken burger range, that sort of thing)

10. JugV2

JugV2 Member

Yeah, well in light of shrinking profits maccas has to adapt or face possible demise.

Sure you can get the bad stuff from them at three am but some more appealing items are certainly available.

11. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

I tried it at the south melbourne one when it was introduced. I tried the classic cheeseburger, it was soaking with oil, I foolishly still ate it and was unwell for a few days after.

first and last time. :lol:

12. broccoli

broccoli Member

Red Rooster has also "teamed up" with Sumo Salad. You can get a choice of 2 varieties of Sumo Salad with a chicken meal now, so not just coleslaw. Also, they are doing the full roast chicken with "normal veges" not just with chips as well (baked spuds, carrots, pumpkin, peas). It's really nice.

13. power

power Member

I just want to know if you can create burgers with 10 patties or something crazy like that.

post your craziest burger that you've gotten made!!

14. JugV2

JugV2 Member

Well last night the wife went through the drive through and asked for a Grand Angus for me. I got a Chicken fillet burger with tortilla chips on it?? That's a pretty crazy Grand Angus burger right there.

Tortilla chips on a burger...baffling.

It's like they had a study group of 100 stoners and gave them a bag of weed and a whiteboard to come up with wacky burger ideas.

15. argus

argus Member

Hamish Blake has...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/hamish-blake-posts-picture-of-his-mcnormous-burger-with-10-rashers-five-eggs-and-much-more/story-fnstek7z-1227310675710

16. power

power Member

17. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Sorry I was more referring to their original menu.

Maccas has always moved with the times and TBH, I think this is a good move. After working at maccas for a considerable amount of time this should not cause much hassle to the seasoned staff.

18. broccoli

broccoli Member

I didn't notice any change because I had it so rarely. I liked the sauce on big macs, but I like salad in my hamburgers so I rarely had them (except when I was OS and they were a "known quantity" and I didn't want to end up with liver or something gross because I didn't know what I was asking for)

19. Daft_Munt

Daft_Munt Member

So they are selling Big Kentucy Domino Rooster Angus burgers. :tongue:

20. MyDixiesNormous

MyDixiesNormous Member

They are pretty much everywhere. my local two have it and every one i have stopped in at have them.