Create Your Taste at McDonalds

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by supasaiyan, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Stone2x

Stone2x Member

Have many people tried these?

I thought they were only in busy locations but a friend on Facebook just posted that our local store, 70km from a CBD, has it. Doesn't look like a bad burger either.

Click to view full size!

2. OP
    OP
    supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

my 2 year old will scarf down chicken rice/char kueh teow, mee hoon or anything like that.. but you put a happy meal infront of her? won't even touch it!

3. broccoli

broccoli Member

Not yet, but I saw the other day that one up at the shopping centre is going to have it, so it does seem to be more widespread than I thought it was.

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Crikey! How much does that heart attack cost?

5. MyDixiesNormous

MyDixiesNormous Member

Heart attack? Srsly? I see an egg, a beef pattie and a slice of cheese. The rest is vegetables.

6. TehCamel

TehCamel Member

Yea, Franga has em. They are rolling them out everywhere, rapidly.
    2 out of the 3 near me have them.

7. Stone2x

Stone2x Member

That's not a heart attack! Looks healthier than their regular menu. Anyway, he said a large meal was $17 :shock:

Even Somerville, Hastings and Cranbourne have it too. Unfortunately, you have to order it in the restaurant so I doubt i'll ever try it out.

8. broccoli

broccoli Member

How much more is that from the normal large meal price? I always get the normal size and it's usually about $11, what's a large normally? If you get extra fillings, you'd expect to pay more. They charge you for extras in a normal old-fashioned burger bar, I wouldn't have a problem paying for an egg or something extra in it. That's also about what you are up for at places like Nandos, so if it's nice, it's ballpark for other places.

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Probably about right actually, possibly a little over priced. But heck I'd give it a go.

10. The King

The King Member

Cool concept, but the patty is just their standard Angus one - until they improve that, it's a bit of a waste of time.

11. Stone2x

Stone2x Member

I'm not sure. I never order "meals" from McDonalds but if they're $11 like you said then I guess it's not too much of a step up.

I think if I have to go into a shop, I'd rather order a burger with the lot from my local fish & chip shop :)

12. broccoli

broccoli Member

okey-dokey, being a lazy, greedy pig, I've now tried 2 of these. The first wasn't much chop, but that was more to do with what I put on it I think, and I didn't like the brioche-style bun. I had another for lunch today and it was absolutely delicious. The patty was all browned crispy on the outside, all the salad was crisp not all limp like the shredded lettuce you usually get, it was hot, the chips obviously hadn't sat around in the warmer going soggy. I'd like "proper" bread rather than the peculiar cake-y light stuff they use, but other than that it was an excellent burger and, if they are consistent and turn them out like that long-term, I'll get them in future. It was seriously good.

13. flain

flain Member

They really need to add the regular McDonalds ingredients to the custom menu. I want to create some kind of big mac monster with a regular bun, angus patties, normal lettuce and that special sauce, however you can't pick the normal buns, normal lettuce etc it's only the fancy stuff.

14. broccoli

broccoli Member

The bun is the same bread, it just looks different. The lettuce is also just normal iceberg, it's just not shredded. You could recreate a big mac or something similar, just not with that extra layer of bread in it.

15. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

It's not the same bun

16. riccoo

riccoo Member

its what happens when the ranga ronald sleeps with a hipster, we get fancy touch screens and brioche buns, some fancy wooden board plates and mini fryer baskets, suprised the workers at mckeydeee dont have to wear fake beards, suspenders and black square framed glasses.

17. power

power Member

tried this the other day, yeah better than normal Maccas - but fuck me it'd want to be at the price.

18. riccoo

riccoo Member

what burger u make, i wanna have chicken stuffed with beef and pickles patty with out the bun

19. newynut

newynut Member

I have always ordered what i call my special at Maccas and have never been told they couldnt do it.

Double quarter pounder with double pickle and double onion. Yummo.

20. power

power Member

I just chucked a whole heap of stuff I like on it like bacon and avo, beetroot and stuff.

You can do pretty much whatever you want.