Creative Sound Blaster Z series driver update 2019

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by phi, Oct 5, 2019.

1. phi

phi Member

Looks like Creative updated/revamped their web drivers site. Check it out to see if your creative sound card model was updated recently:

https://support.creative.com/Products/Products.aspx?catid=1&CatName=Sound+Blaster

I still run a Sound Blaster Z and last updated driver release for it was 3rd March 2017.

Surprisingly they have release a newer software update dated 27 September 2019

These new drivers might iron out any issues you may have had with these creative sound cards!

Sound Blaster Z driver link:
    https://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=1005&prodID=21402&prodName=Sound Blaster Z&subCatName=Z-Series&CatName=

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Punch Bunny, juzz86, Zenskas and 2 others like this.
  2. Zenskas

Zenskas Member

Thanks mate. Updated both my AE-5 and Z and both running well without issue.

I wasn't having any problems to start with, but nice to see actual updates finally coming out for an older card like the Z. Very unlike Creative to migrate older hardware onto the same software platform as newer cards.

3. koopz

koopz Member

that does indeed seem odd?

Creative has been dead as a brand for some time now - perhaps a change in the attitude of the shareholders there at Creative?

4. Hp88

Hp88 Member

Cheers for the heads up, I got the Z updated drivers

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

No update to the AE-5 drivers in almost two years. Just crazy.

6. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

bout time..

I got sick of not hearing footsteps that my mate could hear in PUBG, not sure if was setting on my Soundblaster Z. I tried with and without the virtual surround.

So I bought a GSX1000 headphone amp and the virtual surround mode is much nicer can hear further and more separation between individual sounds if that makes sense. Its such a wide sound space I thought my desktop speakers were outputting too and for the first time I experienced forward depth, people far in front of me almost sounded behind my monitor.

7. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

This worked for me. Then the latest Windows update brought the buzzing back again.

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Should be ok if you just reinstall creative drivers again.