CRT display voltage

Discussion in 'Electronics & Electrics' started by Antec713, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Antec713

Antec713 Member

hey not sure if I’m posting this in the right place hopefully someone can help me I recently bought a crt monitor for parts from Japan to fix my old one (both are the same models) only cost me 18 dollars so I’m not to worried if it doesn’t work I did some checking and the one from Japan has the same 100-240v ac sticker as the one I have here but I have read that there maybe a voltage switch that I have to change maybe someone with more experience can help me out thanks!

2. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

mikezilla2 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Antec713

Antec713 Member

I have no intention of playing around with the insides mate parts are strictly external I just wanted to to know if it’s safe to plug in..

4. merlin13

merlin13 Member

You've posted in the right arena.

But with the endless sentence you posted up we're got absolutely zero idea just WTF is needed on the hardware you're got there, mate - there's literally thousands of CRT and monitor variants been manufactured over the decades.

We're good, but not that bloody good.

If what you do have needs to be physically switched over then you should see any necessary switch plainly visible and pretty clearly labeled, either on the outside or possibly in the inside somewhere.

If you don't see a switch then time to chase up the appropriate Manual, to see if there's supposed to be a physical switch flicked over or even jumpers repositioned somewhere in the internal power input stage, or whether you've got a "universal" power input that'll take anything you decide to plug into it.

5. neopheX

neopheX Member

Wrong thread

6. RobRoySyd

RobRoySyd Member

Typically if the label says "100-240V" that's what the unit is designed to operate at as is.

If it was dual voltage rather than universal then the label will state which one is selected as it left the factory. There'd be some more words about referring to the manual or changing a switch to select the other option.

7. OP
    OP
    Antec713

Antec713 Member

thanks for the help and info did a bit more searching turns out the monitor has a universal power supply and runs completely fine