Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by RnR, Aug 18, 2013.

1. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

2. ic3solo

ic3solo Member

I quite enjoying watching Shennyr2 play: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMK5arl0o25zXhFk8xmm4Zg

His game style is going for in-game achievements, and keep in mind that a lot of older content doesn't have the new DLCs, which change the game considerably. He's good value entertainment.

A guy focused on breaking the game as much as possible and doing weird shit would be ddrjake - https://www.youtube.com/user/DDRJake

The stuff that he finds is usually fixed in upcoming patches, but I enjoy it for what it is.. His Ming campaign is mint along with the 3 Mountains achievement (which is almost impossible to do)

Probably the best war-mongerer (sets world records) type person apart from ddrjake would be Marco Antonio - https://www.youtube.com/user/marcoan7onio

I hate how he commentates his games and hes not a good entertainer... but holy shit can he play.. You'd learn a lot about army management, how to handle coalitions etc from him. Expect to go to sleep though.

The reddit thread is useful as well for EU4 stuff..

3. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

Hadn't looked at Europa Universalis IV for a while, so I thought I would pop into their forums to see what new ideas were cooking in those sexy Swedish brains...

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...u4-development-diary-26th-of-may-2016.937696/ No more Westernisation! :shock: :weirdo:

Much more at link!

4. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

Nicked from https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/rights-of-man-the-overview.963934/

5. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

6. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

Rights of Man is out - previous DLC's such as Mare Nostrum, The Cossacks, Common Sense, and El Dorado are currently on sale with 66% off the normal price on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236850/

7. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

8. neRok

neRok Member

Dang, I bought it in a recent bundle :(

EU4 sucked me in hard core for a while. Being unemployed at the time didn't help either :lol: Anyone got any of the hard achievements? I've got Big Blue Blob (As France, hold 100 European core provinces before 1500) and African Power (Own and have cores on all provinces in Africa as Kongo). 2nd one was BS hard on my play-through. Check out these screen shots. There's an alliance of France, Castile and Ottomans, the 3 biggest powers! I got it done though.

20170416131224_1.jpg 20170416131239_1.jpg

9. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

Nice work! Haven't been back to EU4 in a long while - steam says nearly 700 hours on it :D Stellaris is pretty decent. Fortnite is fun. This War of Mine is pure cocaine to my brain atm and Frostpunk is being released in about 2.5 weeks.

10. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

11. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

12. neRok

neRok Member

I've not played it yet, but I've been considering getting some of these DLC. I presume some are better than others, like EUIV, so the question is which ones are good, and are they all in the expensive bracket?

13. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

The deal above is about as good as it going to get I think. For the price of one DLC at std price, you get them all.

14. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

that bundle is really good for pretty much all the dlcs.

15. summoner

summoner Member

Did a run recently as Sakalava on Madagascar, conquered the island, then colonised south africa and surrounds and eventually all the way over to Australia and into indonesia/spice areas.

Then spain came and stomped the shit out of me with an army around 100x the size of my own.

Next challenge might be Norway again or 1 of the Irish groups

16. OP
    OP
    RnR

RnR Member

Irish is fun. Especially if you make a run for the American Colonies before England does it :)

summoner likes this.
  17. summoner

summoner Member

I'm loving the new challenge it is presenting compared to my Madagascar challenge.

I picked up a few ideas from 1 of Arumba's recent play throughs about improving development as a priority to help increase income/loan amount from my single bit of land.

But so far 3 starts and 3 failures, each with learnings so lasting longer and improving. Last 1 screwed me because rather than straight up annexing their land I vasalised them and it dragged me into another war which I lost.

RnR likes this.
  18. neRok

neRok Member

If it's anything like EU4, you gotta weigh up the pro's and con's of annex vs vasalise. From memory (haven't played for years) annex adds a lot of discontent to your kingdom, so you can't just keep pinching land endlessly, or you will have internal dramas. If you attack a country and decide you dont want to annex or vasalise, I presume you can sue for peace in other ways, eg force donations, break alliances, etc. And with regards to the war you got dragged into, either win, or sue for peace asap and just dump the country.

summoner likes this.
  19. summoner

summoner Member

This is EU4 not CK2, soz the thread covers both and I should have clarified :)

20. neRok

neRok Member

Ah yer. Well you gotta consider those things I mentioned, along with the "angriness" of nearby countries as you conquer lands. You don't want them becoming a coalition against you. I've done the achievement for capturing a lot of land in a short amount of time as France, and it was a constant struggle to keep all those factors in check and meet the deadline. But it can definitely be done!

summoner likes this.