Crysis 3

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, Apr 11, 2012.

1. EuroSlave

EuroSlave Member

I wouldnt say hundreds of ways but crysis at least let you move around a little more organically than crysis 2 set paths

2. lithos

lithos Member

Really? All it did was make bump maps slightly bumpier, and inverted the semiotics of "graphics quality" - it revved the shit out of your GPU just so neckbeards could feel impressed with a game and assume it was "better-looking" because Fraps told 'em so, even though the actual visuals did bugger-all.

This.

And I stand by my comment they're not really multiple paths - if the game spoon feeds you the paths location and denies you the joy of discovery, then they're not really multiple paths at all.

3. simboes

simboes Member

I agree it did rape your GPU more than the graphics rewarded you for. But Crysis 3 is probs waaay more optimised as it looks way better, and it still has to run on consoles.

4. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Crysis 2 already runs very well on average gear. It's just crytek went overboard with tessellation.
    http://techreport.com/articles.x/21404

Ridiculous tessellation of useless objects and tessellating & rendering objects that aren't even visible in that area. That's where all your power is going.

5. Timbojones0123

Timbojones0123 (Banned or Deleted)

That was pretty much the whole fun with Crysis. Apart from the fact that it was an awesome game. It was the demanding factor in itself that gave everyone that urge to upgrade their computer and show it off on youtube/online community's.

Nvidia and ATI should be on their hands and knees thanking Crytek for the game that they have created.

6. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i wish they would hurry up with warface already!

7. reaqwe

reaqwe Member

agreed that crysis2 looked terrible, but there are a few ue3 games that look better than crysis1.

8. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

I still don't get how people can love Crysis 1 and think it was beautiful. I put everything max and to me all it has is mid decent visuals but demands huge high end gear (so poorly optimised?).

Crysis 2, loved it, played it tonnes because of the gameplay & visuals.

9. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

On the note of freedom, I honestly found that one of the major things that discouraged exploration in Crysis 2 was that enemies could see you if you showed a single limb from 5km away. Maybe I just sucked with the cover/stealth system (but this isn't Splinter Cell), but I was hesitant to take anything but the most direct path until everyone was taken out. If they can cut back on the ridiculously good vision and 6th sense of the AI, then it should help reduce the feeling of linearity, but with the same engine (AFAIK), I'm not too hopeful. Nevertheless, I enjoyed both Crysis 1 and 2, so this should be great.

Might be worth them giving the options to dial back or disable motion blur, mouse smoothing and let you set a reasonable FOV?

Stylistically, I think Crysis 2 looked a lot more modern than its predecessor, but graphically it was in the same league. Very different game, so it's hard not to be influenced by the setting differences.

10. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Well after a short google I now see why people think Crysis 1 is more graphical. Requires mods but it does add more visuals. But with Crysis 2 you don't need mods or tweaks. Maybe a config edit but thats it.

Well even though I should post it in the Crysis 1 section I figured it'll be a good comparison.

Crysis 1 Extreme Immersive Mod - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3

Full graphics (All Very High @ 2560x1600). Prob the most my GPU's have worked for quite some time :p

11. OP
    OP
    Philll

Philll Member

12. Tazor

Tazor Member

Omg the prettiness! I like the alligators, might be like the sharks from crysis 1 and the toad looks pretty intense. I love all the nonsensical eye candy in this game. I'm fairly shallow when it comes to this stuff but that's probably because I do 3d modelling and animation at uni and can appreciate it more xD me wants! Hope my 4Gb 680 will run it maxed out well enough :lol:

13. Frontl1ne

Frontl1ne Member

Just saw that trailer, amazing stuff :thumbup:

It's nice that the cloth physics is in-built when it probably could've been something easily exclusive for Nvidia cards :rolleyes:

14. simboes

simboes Member

Holy crap its a great engine! Def getting the game for visuals alone!

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

That must be pc version.

I don't like my chances of 120fps :(

16. sandeep

sandeep Member

now we are talking! Bring it on. Finally something worthy to justify a high-end GPU.:thumbup:

17. power

power Member

go top secret tesselated toad!

18. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Based upon that engine video... Snake Eater mod go! I want to see the jungles of Tselinoyarsk brought to life with tesselated toad tech on all the jungle beasties.

19. James086

James086 Member

At least it's not a rectangular box this time or underground water reservoir. :tongue:

20. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Underwater -> above water transition looks okay for once.

I'm okay with this.