Cube X1 Watercooled 10Lt ITX SFF Build - RTX 3080/R5 3600/240mm LTsolo

Discussion in 'PC Build Logs' started by evade, Jun 22, 2020.

1. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

And you call it a cube despite the fact it is obviously a rectangle.

2. OP
    OP
    evade

evade Member

whoever made it in China decided it was a fitting name haha

3. OP
    OP
    evade

evade Member

EKWB block arrived, as well as backplate.

For some reason, with the backplate installed - the coil whine is unbearable..it was so damn LOUD... Lucky I found a reddit thread about it and removed it -
    amazingly was quieter than stock after that...video below if you want to hear.

Finding the limits of a single 240mm rad, . So far its "OK" - I may look to put in a XSPC tx240/120 extra (can squeeze it in on the GPU side) later down the track.

Temps so far, 25C Ambient:

Idle
    GPU: 27c
    CPU: 35c
    Coolant: 27c

Gaming - Cyberpunk 2077
    GPU: 62c
    CPU: 67c
    Coolant: 50c

coil whine - this is just moving between the menu and game in CP2077

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SSJ4 and Tazor like this.
  4. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Cool build mate. Pretty similar to my Formd T1 build. Youre not wrong about the LTsolo being a pain to fill. I built mine like an aio then had a length of tube coming off the fill port and just rolled the rad and pump around to get the air out. Not the most fool proof system but it works and I can do it out of the case.

Decided against adding my gpu to the loop. Too lazy to deal with all the added work and difficulty.

5. OP
    OP
    evade

evade Member

Cheers - I originally was going to get an NCASE but Covid cancelled my order, then was looking at the Formd as well, but decided to just give China a go.

Im using a little flow meter as a mini-res and like yourself using a long tube coming off that to fill via the actual inlet port instead of the fill port...

TBH adding my GPU to the loop was half an experiement - It did end up working out though - The XC3 pumps out a heap of heat into the case, and now with it on water all the heat goes out via the rad, all of the internal components are a bit cooler too.

If it didn't work, I'd have just put the rad on. I'm just pissed that evga used some 'almost reference' design - The board extends out like 20mm for almost nothing besides a few slots in the PCB...would've been nice to be able to use that space in the case for a pump or other res or sometehing.

6. OP
    OP
    evade

evade Member

Ahh the joy of watercooling.

So i bought a bunch of fittings, bits and pieces and new 10/13 tube for something to do - I currently have the stock Alphacool LT tubing size which is 8/11 - So 10/13 was a more standard size and easier to find fittings etc.

Anyway, after a bunch of stuffing around, and thinking it would make my loop easier to fill.. I came to the conclusion that the LT Solo pump is just super weak, and makes filling a loop super tedious...

WIth that I ordered an Nuovolo Aquanaut and Alphacool DDC pump..so that'll give me more to stuff around with once it arrives.

That said - Looks like I will have an Alphacool LT Solo block/pump for sale soon if anyone is interested...

Don't get me wrong it performs fine in this, just filling can be a major PITA.

7. OP
    OP
    evade

evade Member

Well, had some fun with the QUADRO controllers...

I had 3 delivered to save on some shipping costs with the intent to sell on the other two.

I re-pinned a Molex plug that I had around and stupidly, even after checking it with a multimeter..sent one to heaven because 12/5 were switched. Anyway lesson learnt, lucky I had a couple spare....
    Might be worth trying to repair if I can find a similar SMD component and get it back on..If anyone knows about SMD components and knows wtf is in the picture and can help..that'd be appreciated.

Awesome software, great not having to rely on motherboard things and other software to then control it.

The Aquanaut has arrived, still waiting on the alphacool pump..then more fun begins...which means more custom cabling (triple checked this time haha) and tidying up everything..cabling is a bit of a mess atm.

Also, the A12x15 fan is out, i'm not sure it was really doing much but pumping more dust into case and also, the noise profile of it sucks compared to the A12x25.

https://imgur.com/gallery/PGPXVnW