Custom Cube style SFF case with 140mm EK-MLC Phoenix support

Discussion in 'PC Build Logs' started by Tazor, May 16, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    Tazor

Tazor Member

At the back - above the PSU

2. OP
    OP
    Tazor

Tazor Member

Okay guys, I've finally completed the build - it wasn't the easiest build and required some adapting along the way - but she's done, she's beautiful and she's quiet while smashing out some solid 4k gaming performance:

I found out straight away the feet I bought included screws too short to get through the thick panels. Luckily standard fan screws were exactly the right size!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I pre-inserted the cables to try and avoid any awkward moments later in the build where my hand is cramped into a tiny hole trying to get the damn thing to fit in... That's not what she said
    [​IMG]

Next thing I found was the power button didn't fit through the hole in the back of the case - but luckily it just happened to thread straight in, so it's super flush and clean:
    [​IMG]

GPU and top fan in (Was harder than it looked):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Test fitting the AIO - note the gap between the radiator fill-port and the GPU backplate (or lack-there-of):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Block fitted:
    [​IMG]

PSU in and powered on:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did forget 1 or 2 things that are going to be a pain to remedy - namely the bottom fan filter or a bottom fan full stop - I may rebuild in a little bit and add that in, I think I may also swap out the top fan for a slim fan to just improve space efficiency (thinking of using the SilverStone A-RGB fans) and then I'll swap out the front fans on the radiator.

But would love to hear feedback from everyone!

Edit: Just placed an order for new fans - got 2 Silverstone 15mm slim ARGB fans and a couple of the ARGB Air Penetration fans - due to the layout I think the air channeling fans will help get the air out of the radiator more efficiently as there's a lot of obstructions which I think the AP's will be ideal for dealing with.

Should add a nice little bit of optional bling to an otherwise very minimalist build.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    Evilhomer, juzz86 and argent like this.
  3. juzz86

juzz86 Member

That's awesome mate, a lovely finish. Tolerances bang-on :thumbup:

The cables are really sexy - like snakeskin. That 12mm gain on a single 38mm fan we were discussing really is likely to make a big difference there - a bit more room to take a bit of strain off your cable connections.

Colour me bloody impressed mate - I love it :thumbup:

Tazor likes this.
  4. argent

argent Member

Tazor I noticed that you have mesh as the dust filter! Mind letting me know what spec it is? I've been researching mesh for a bit but I can't seem to find similar ones already used in my Shift. The aperture is about 0.8mm but the strands are very thin in comparison to a lot of stuff I've been looking at...