Cyberoam Sophos UTM Firewall Woes

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by beaco, May 5, 2016.

1. beaco

beaco Member

I just want to let everyone know to avoid purchasing Cyberoam / Sophos UTM appliances. They have changed their processes and the support is nothing short of terrible.

We have a CR50ing device with a faulty hard disk that has been acknowledged as RMA, issued with an RMA number and yet we have still not had a replacement shipped to us. Weare covered under a support agreement but that has not helped.

They use a channel distribution model and they just pass the buck between Cyberoam/Sophos, the distributor and the reseller.

The crazy process is:
    1. Contact support and get support ticket number.
    2. Beg for RMA from support. Get issued RMA number. Was advised RMA team would contact me but this never happened.
    3. Contact distributor as per process. Call reseller to determine distributor. Advised RMA request to distributor must be submitted by reseller.
    4. Provide RMA number to reseller and request they complete the RMA form on the distributor site.
    5. Contact distributor - advised they have not received confirmation of RMA from cyberoam. Sent them email evidence but this was not acceptable. Distributor refuses to send replacement unit.
    6. Contact Pre-sales team from cyberoam for assistance. Tried to help but ineffective.
    7. Contact Cyberoam to request they process the RMA - support team hung up on me and asked me to call different international phone numbers in India and USA.
    8. The saga continues...

If you are planning to run anything important then DO NOT use these cyberoam / sophos appliances. I have spent hours on the phone and conducting online chats to no avail.

We will be looking at alternative products soon.

2. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

They were even worse before Sophos took them over !!

3. OP
    OP
    beaco

beaco Member

Got a promise from Bluechip it product manager that a unit will be shipped tomorrow. I'm hoping that is the case.

Apparently cyberoam has declared the product RMA but the distributor has no process to verify this.

So... Which utm device or virtual utm device should I look at as a replacement?

4. timsarg

timsarg Member

i've given up on cyberoam products , like you said the after sales support if absolutely shit as . Was cheaper for me to just chuck this POS cr15 in the bin than waste time trying to get an RMA

5. OP
    OP
    beaco

beaco Member

If it takes 3 people to change a light bulb (2 to spin the step ladder and one to hold the light), then it takes 20 people to send out a cyberoam RMA replacement unit.

6. aza2001

aza2001 Member

This is different from the sophos model, though you should always buy fireblanket that's what we have always done and never ready had an issue