1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by ndt, Dec 11, 2020.

1. ndt

ndt Member

Interested in hearing how people are finding Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4/PS4 PRO?

I picked it up last night and tried to play before doing the patch and it was a little rough on PS4 PRO. I had untextured Human shaped blobs, few NPC's stuck in T poses, and a bit of texture pop-ins so gave up and kicked off the update.

2. Andres

Andres Motor Admin

Not horrible, mostly, for me on Pro.

It's not 'super amazeballs' graphics, but still enjoyable. I've seen a few weird pixelations here and there but seems to come and go. Hardest thing I've found is the size of the text on my 55" LG OLED - actually need to sit a bit closer than normal to read it (time for glasses?)

I was considering upgrading my GTX1080 to a 30x0 vid card, but then realised it's like twice the cost of a PS5. And of course new RTX cards and PS5s are both are as rare/overpriced as rocking horse poo.

3. i_trin

i_trin Member

It’s def playable on gtx1080. I have been using this card. 1080p or 1440p only though

4. OP
    OP
    ndt

ndt Member

While I am loving the game, still pretty rough for me. Crashed 6 times for me on Saturday, Guns not rendering so it's just your empty hand aiming.

5. asho444

asho444 Member

I believe Sony are giving refunds for it at the moment, so that should say everything!

6. Lord Belial

Lord Belial Member

Please tell me accompanied by your character saying "pew pew pew"

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    GRaNTiSB likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    ndt

ndt Member

You'd be being a bit precious to seek out a refund for this game. Sure it's rough, but its pretty far from unplayable.

It's a cupped hand so its more of a "cough please"

8. asho444

asho444 Member

I think it's mostly the base ps4 people have problems with, I watched a quick clip where there was just so much pop in and unrenderd... Everything

9. Deus_Ex_Machina

Deus_Ex_Machina Member

Not that anyone wants a game with textures completely missing etc but this whole debacle seems like a fundamental problem with modern consoles. Once upon a time I had a PC and a Playstation 1, games developed for the PS1 had a single hardware config and the game was configured to suit it, they generally ran just fine and looked the same on every PS1. On the PC I could scale and tinker the graphic settings and resolution of the same game (and it cost a lot more to have good hardware to do so). We now have multiple releases of the same gen console with different hardware (PS4/PRO, XBox One S, X etc) plus new ones PS5/X Series S/X all trying to play back the same version of a game and dynamically adjust, scale and configure shit without manual settings depending on available power and the older hardware simply isn' t up to snuff (how many people are trying to run Cyberpunk on a GTX970 and complaining? None because its fucking stupid to expect a cutting edge title to run well on 2014 GPU hardware).

Quite simply this should have been a next gen only (+PC) launch.

WuzzA21 likes this.
  10. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

But it's not even done in that regard since next year we see the new gen console patches.

I think they shot themselves in the foot by setting a date as early as April this year. It forced their hand to set a date to get it out, whereas they should have stuck to a 'when it's done' approach to avoid pressure to get it out the door.

11. power

power Member

and stupidly high expectations, remember how many older console games ran at shitty framerates? Also PC's weren't all RGB queens that are just specced up to the max.

12. A Gringo

A Gringo Member

I'm curious about something. Is the refund available for those who bought the disc. I just read about this and told my son. What I read was SONY are offering the refund for purchases from the PS Store. My son got the disc(s) from EB Games on release. What's the difference between the two versions where those who purchased the disc seem to have a "superior" copy and not get offered a refund?

My son doesn't want a refund, I'm just curious.

As for playability, he plays on a base PS4. He said yes it's glitchy, and buggy and renders are missing but he understands his hardware isn't up to a Pro's standards let alone a PS5. He has a PC but his GPU would need a (massive) upgrade and his PS4 would "play" it now so he got that version rather than wait. He loves the game as is.

Deano_20802 likes this.
  13. munka

munka Member

If not in game, you'd have to be doing it in real life!

14. l_ QuadX_l

l_ QuadX_l Member

[​IMG]
    Is Cyberpunk 2077 supposed to be a comedy? Cos bare ass T-posing glitch looks hilarious driving a car :lol:

ndt and Phido like this.
  15. i_trin

i_trin Member

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    ndt likes this.
  16. OP
    OP
    ndt

ndt Member

It's still gone, wonder when it'll come back. They're still sending out patches for my disc version.

17. Andres

Andres Motor Admin

Still getting patches for disc version. Plays OK on PS4 Pro. (Would be on a PS5 of I could bloody well get one).