Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I just can't look past the wooden voice acting, even if it is Keanu - It was very distracting for me. I also found the character himself extremely unlikable and I'd have killed him myself given the opportunity.

DangerMaus likes this.
  2. Frag

Frag Member

I dunno, I felt this was on purpose; I didnt have any issues, would have disliked an over acted Johnny.

he is an engram of his former self, has lost that part of his humanity, his character certainly changes as you progress his quest line and he becomes more attached/human again

3. power

power Member

if you don't like Keanu that's fine, i enjoy most of his work and thought Johnny Silverhand was pretty great (he's not supposed to be likeable). Keanu was actually better in this than in the Bill and Ted revival.

4. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I don't buy it, he was a wooden jackhole in the flashback sequences too. He's very mad guys, VERY MAD... but his voice sounds like he's bored and just left voice over 101

I like Keanu, I don't like his performance as Johnny.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Drizz06 likes this.
  5. Frag

Frag Member

I guess its a personal thing, I thought it was perfect. Retrospective.. not empassioned and desperate

mesaoz likes this.
  6. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Oh yeah no worries at all, diverse opinions are great.

I think I personally would have preferred to see someone that wants to burn the world in revenge actually have some gusto and a "fire in their belly". Doesn't mean they have to be over-acted and maniacal. Just my $0.02

Voice actor for Male V might have actually been a better choice for Johnny

7. power

power Member

did you finish the story? curious just because of how Johnny's character developed and the game ended.

8. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Yes I did finish it and still thought Johnny was a scumbag.

9. power

power Member

maybe your choices gave you a different ending. yes he's a scumbag.

10. Frag

Frag Member

I haven't finished yet, but can start the last mission; certainly happy how Johnny progressed as a character. He is a scumbag in so many regards but then likable in so many others.

Anyway I should finish tonight so wonder if my view changes at all.. hoping I get a decent ending but its my first playthrough.

That aside, not sure if I will do my second play through until I see balancing addressed. Level 38 now reflexes/body at 20 and its just ridiculus - still fun in a stupid way but running and uppercutting people in the air before they even have time drawing the weapons feels a bit too cheesy.

I much prefer the world being scaled along with the character albeit in such a way that you still feel more powerful as you level though not to the point of farting and taking out the entire map in one hit.

11. PureFire

PureFire Member

Got V looking preem in a stealth outfit and silenced revolver. I go around firing headshots and never actually entering combat

CP_StealthV.jpg

12. power

power Member

clear all the side stuff, i hit the level cap (50) quite a while before ending the story. :)

i'm the opposite, i like to overlevel and turn into a one man wrecking machine.

13. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Yes I'm saying Johhny is a terrible character. Probably the most annoying NPC I've ever seen in a game. After a while I just skipped everything he said that was possible to skip. The game would be far better if he was just a voice in your head, preferably not voiced by Keanu. Even when V tells him to STFU he keeps talking shit. Hate the character and it made me avoid the main missions for a long time.

His character might progress in the main story but in the side gigs and "random" comments he constantly reverts to being a cold detached fuckwit sometimes undoing an hour or two worth of character arc.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    lithos likes this.
  14. lithos

lithos Member

He's literally the in-universe Osama Bin Laden, just with a less coherent philosophy and less charming personality. That's all.

15. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Yeah for me there was no charisma to his character or redeeming qualities even when he tones down the douche. His fame and importance seemed entirely unrealistic, forced and contrived even as a martyr for anti corpos. More Justin Bieber than Zack de la Rocha.

Drizz06 and lithos like this.
  16. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Yeh, whilst it's not intentional, I'm also way overlevelled now from doing all the side missions before progressing with the story. Just want to keep it going for longer. While I do want to play it, the bugs are annoying. Not game breaking, but annoying nevertheless. Usually audio bugs where sound doesn't play or just keeps looping. Also QoL stuff like crafting needs work too. Hoping that if I drag it out long enough I'd get some patches that might fix the issues and I can enjoy the main story without bugs.

17. power

power Member

I did 130 hours, and that felt like a good amount - my map only had vehicles to buy left on it for reference. I've said this before in the thread yes I had bugs no more imo that many games i've played in recent years. The only audio bugs i came across were people talking over each other but only a couple of times.

The worst bug i experienced was the one that causes a dialogue line to be stuck onscreen - this happened A LOT.

Crafting was a bit blah, but i'm not really into crafting as a thing - i crafted some quick hacks and ammo that's it.

18. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Yeh it's weird. I get a lot of audio bug and have seen the dialogue bug too. But Audio bug happens a lot more often for me. Audio bug is annoying when I can't hear people shooting at me or when things starts looping and I can't hear other stuff.

I use crafting to make Armadillo mods for my clothing and upgrading my weapons. Also for making things to sell. Takes too long to make the epic and legendary components though. Gets way too tedious.

19. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Dude I had the guitar solo from near the end of the game looping all the way through the matrix sequences it was so loud and annoying.

20. lithos

lithos Member

And I'm pretty sure Zack wouldn't nuke three-quarters of a million people, and cause the deaths of hundreds of thousands more via radiation poisoning and cancer, just to own teh corpos for...reasons.*

This game is, very much, a Far Cry clone, right down to the "It's mature 'cause everyone's an arsehole" misguided interpretation of "maturity" that Ubi loves.

I'm playing Witcher 3 again, to get the taste out of my mouth, and it's utterly amazing that this is, supposedly, by the same devs. Witcher 3 had side missions that were infinitely more complex and well-written than this game's main mission, with genuine thought and care, resulting in deep, morally complex stories - even if the quest was only three minutes' long. In Novigrad, for example, you can save an Elven woman who's being racially harassed by two human men. There's racism there, but also, it's pointed out, she's probably lying about why she's there, too. Step in to chase off the men, and instead of thanking you, she berates you, and she's got a point: Geralt won't be there to save her every time, and he's just made things worse for her by meddling, because now they'll be back to take out the embarrassment Geralt caused them on her tomorrow.

That's not even a marked quest, and it barely lasts a full minute. Yet it makes you think about your actions and choices far more than anything in CP.

The bugs are the best thing to happen to this game. They're the greatest thing CDPR could ever hope for, because they're successfully distracting EVERYONE away from how lacklustre the actual game is. The T-posing is an easy fix. Actually making it a deep and complex game is not.

*NOTE: "Reasons" never fully explained.

metamorphosis likes this.