Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

It doesn't play anything like an early alpha. That statement suggests to me that you've never played an early alpha.

Elmf and fredhoon like this.
  2. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Sorry, feature incomplete Beta with heaps of bugs and cut content the scraps of which are left throughout the game (couldn't even cut the cut content properly) - if that makes you feel better.

Maybe they should've slapped the early access label on it, or put it back in the oven for 2 more years so it wouldn't come across as a poor imitation of GTA with neon lights strewn about.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    qwertylesh and bart5986 like this.
  3. bart5986

bart5986 Member

When I punched someone in the face in my first 30 minutes, what resulted felt like an alpha. Beta generally implies its feature complete and the police/crowd stuff is not completed.

Also the on the on the rail vehicle physics seems like they took it too literally and put the car on a literal rail This is either alpha, or they just copied the vehicle physics from the tram in Half Life 1.

Interested to play the rest though at some point.

4. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Fair, what I wrote below is a bit ranty so I'll chuck in some tags to avoid boring people

5. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

AI is bad, it's not Alpha bad.

Did they ever say you'd be able to view every braindance?

Public transport? I'd use it once then go back to fast travel or vehicles. Hardly a loss.

Lack of car customization would be a minor issue if it was a racing game with the primary focus being cars.

Dodgy physics? You mean like GTA and RDR2 and just about every game that uses Havok?

RPG has some issues but no more than any other game. Staying hidden underwater is very useful for some missions.

Totally agree that some of the missions should have had impactful outcomes that change the world and make you question decisions

Character customization isn't really any different to all the other RPGs I've played. Barber shop would add absolutely nothing to the experience for me.

Story was a let down for the most part. Especially Johnny "douchelord" Silverhand.

Bugs were not an issue for me after the first week. Very little immersion breaking stuff even when finding placeholder textures and frenetic palm trees.

6. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

As an aside I've never understood why people got hung up on public transport being taken out, not sure what it adds to be honest. Reasonable list otherwise.

7. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

CDPR sold like 8 million copies and afaik a large percentage of those were on PC. The problems on next-gen consoles are going to reduce their income going forward but CDPR is still swimming in money from 2077.

Yes.

Literal holes in the map you can fall into. That's an issue.

Boonanza likes this.
  8. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Specifically vehicle physics, not physics in general. Take a dune buggy into the desert and try driving on any kind of bump or rock, offroad handling in general is extremely janky even if offroad vehicles, and on road the cars and especially the bikes don't handle how you would expect in a game that uses vehicles prominently

Barbershop example is just to point out that in this world it looks and feels like the people in it customise their appearances heavily an regularly, it seems like a key element to this society, but it's absent for the player.

Car customisation - you can't even paint them, something so simple. To beat a dead horse, GTA3 had this very basic feature - it's also another element that was talked about being in the game but then cut at a later date.

It's just another thing they said would be in the game and isn't. You can even visit the monorail terminal and get inside it where the floor isn't rendered. They also touted parkour systems that ended up getting stripped out - at least this one they were up front about

I'll be back for the DLC's, I liked the game enough to say that at least.

9. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I found one hole after ~200hrs play that was only accessible using high jumps. Far fewer than I experienced in RDR2.

Car handling in general is janky. Never had any serious issues with car physics offroad.

I never bothered with car customization in GTA despite it having much more of a focus on cars and driving. This seems to be a case of personal preference than cut content. Would make no difference to my enjoyment of the game if I could paint the cars I barely used.

10. Boonanza

Boonanza Member

Reading the posts in this thread from the start and 5+ years ago makes me lol hard.

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter :thumbup:

11. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

You sure can.

Elmf and Boonanza like this.
  12. PureFire

PureFire Member

13. power

power Member

some nice entries, always very easy to get a nice screenshot out of the game.

I fell through the map more times in Arkham Knight on PS4, but who's counting? Open world games often end up with this - it's part and parcel of them unfortunately. The buggiest area in the game for me was that little suburb near the dam. Seemed like a buggy area in general.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  14. r3s

r3s Member

Bought this last night , wasnt too bad for $34, gives me a reason to justify the 3070's mining away, playing an actual game, might get some time to look at it properly on the weekend, kinda excited, only thing i play is Diablo3 and Counterstrike here and there, been wanting to so a solo story type game for a while.

15. r3s

r3s Member

So was trying to run this for a while tonight , kept crashing the moment i ran the game, started raging in my head about buggy POS game lol....

mining settings were still on, guess it doesnt like 55% power level, -300 core and +1350 memory on teh 3070... LOL

16. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

Wow no other comments on the thread for a week between your last two. Peeps not interested anymore? We're the patches promised shit or something? Is it still worse polish than gta5

r3s likes this.
  17. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Feb patch got delayed, game was dead before then though. Chances of it having the staying power of GTA or Elder Scrolls... or even the witcher are slim to none.

qwertylesh likes this.
  18. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Games dead, there has been no patches. A couple of minor hotfixes just after release, then nothing.

They almost say sorry, but then try to shift blame to anything else, making any "apology" worthless and then ask for more money time.

I think most people have given up at this point and will probably check in this time next year to see if they at least tried or if they just took the money and ran.

qwertylesh likes this.
  19. r3s

r3s Member

I havent played anything apart from Diablo3 and counterstrike for ages so i am enjoying playing something at my own pace currently, runs fine, looks fine, happy iwht the $34 cost so far.

20. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Yeah, it varies wildly between machines / playthroughs. Guess it kinda increases replayability?

One run might only have the occasional glitch, but otherwise fine.

Next run all hell breaks loose: it rains cars, trees start melting, people can't see you and you launch around like superman after a week straight on meth just trying to walk up a gutter.