1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

I didn't quite get softlocked there but yep, outside the tunnel entrance after you do the tank bit, it's very heavily scripted that you have to kill all enemies before the next sequence activates, and enemies very easily get stuck unable to find you and you can lose track of them. particularly when the dropships are bringing troops in and you have to shoot down those aircraft, and you're not quite sure if you got them or not

AllezAllez and macktheknife like this.
  2. James086

James086 Member

I had the same problem but used a tech weapon to shoot through the wall of the container.

3. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Yes I do. Night City was mostly empty of "life" once you ignore the mass pedestrian traffic that consists of NPCs walking back and forth down the same block with no purpose. RDR2 felt like some of the NPC's were actually going about their daily routine although not much more than an older game like Gothic. Night City looked fucking amazing and the atmosphere was great but was lacking depth and detail and didn't seem lived in even in V's apartment tower. I think it would have been a mammoth task for them to fill a city of that scale with the same attention to detail that RDR2 has especially when they don't have a decade of large scale AI experience to draw from.

Just to clarify it's not drastically lacking at all it just doesn't quite have enough randomness or seemingly purposeful AI routines to sell the setting once you've got stuck into it.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  4. Vohaul

Vohaul Member

it's a game. is it fun? yes or no

5. ashenIC

ashenIC Member

To quote myself.

I didn't score it on the bugs, if I had, the score would probably have been closer to 6 out 10. There were even errors on the physical cd\dvd box cover.

Yes it is interesting but how long is this excuse going to hold up for? It's not an easy process, but these companies have sufficient budget, expertise and technological platforms that exceed anything GTA's, Skyrim's and Fallout's were developed for\on, but as a core captive audience we see the same mistakes.

More no than yes.

6. James086

James086 Member

I think yes. It feels like a game that needs a few patches, not fundamentally broken.

7. power

power Member

it's not in my top 10 but i enjoyed it a lot.

i did not see a high amount of bugs or have performance issue.

8. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

You played the game with 50% render resolution, did you not?

9. power

power Member

i did! at 2160p it looked better than i expected especially with the nvidia sharpening on. normally anything at say 80% or lower looks like ass.

10. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Surely not?

I can't remember exactly but even at 80-90% it looked like I was playing a 20 year old game and I'm not even exaggerating because it was way worse then Crysis 1 (2007). it was definitely designed to only be played at 100%, and this is someone who has turned down render resolution in a lot of games.

Booting it up at 1080p on my RTX enabled laptop it looks pretty good since I can play at at 100% with ray tracing etc, but I don't game on my laptop.

Edit: didn't try nvidia sharpening, I'll have to try that when the 1.2 patch comes out.

11. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

See above, I remembered correctly.

When I was playing on my 5700xt I set it to dynamic with a lower limit of 80% just to make sure it would stay at or above 60 and by god when it got below 90% it looked so bad.

Runs fine on the 3070 with dlss enabled though (or without dlss when rtx is off)

12. power

power Member

13. fredhoon

fredhoon Member

What video card power ?

I played it on a 1080FE and had the dynamic scaling set to 80ish from memory on a 2k screen. It didn't quite look as good as your screenshots (settings were a mix of High + Med/Low shadows), maybe a bit "softer" and would dip to a floor of 40fps (within the adaptive sync range).

I found the game was astheticly pleasing, although I want to replay it on a 3070 or 3080 so I can ramp up the shadows etc. I wanted to see more evening/ smog/overcast days so when the sun came out (or visiting badlands) was welcome surprise. Give the game a more Blade runner (old and new) feel.

On the scale of the city, I enjoyed the initial visuals of V's apartment which felt very Blade Runner and GitS but it opened out too quickly with wide streets etc. It's nit picking, but even if they were just facades, I wanted more mega towers stacked close together to give the game an endless ground / mid level slum feel (like Blade Runner & Clone Wars' Corrisant).

I agree with thoughts in above posts that RDR2 felt more" lived in". Sure the Cyberpunk scale was larger, however the NPC's weren't as convincing as RDR2 which just felt they fit each area better.

All said and done, I look forward to more expansions and future games building on this setting + replaying CP2077 with more grunt in the hardware department.

14. power

power Member

1080Ti. Those screens are 4K Ultra on a 4K screen with 50% scaling and nvidia's sharpening on.

RDR2 felt far more polished for sure CP felt pretty much precisely like a sci-fi TW3 world. Go revisit the cities of TW3 and you will see what I mean.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    fredhoon likes this.
  15. Djuice

Djuice Member

Anyone have a clue when they are going to release Update 1.2, I really want to go back and play CP2077, but just have been holding off until this massive updates hits.. Did they delay it again?

16. PureFire

PureFire Member

The last update from CDPR said they are aiming for the second half of March for patch 1.2
    Aiming doesnt mean its definite, so expect more delays.

17. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Was meant to be out in February but got delayed until (???) supposedly because of their ransomware breach.

I wouldn't trust ANY date or timeline this company gives your for anything. Based purely on CDPR I don't think Poland has adopted calendars, yet.

18. James086

James086 Member

Preview for some of the QOL updates in patch 1.2.

The police change looks like they created a circle around the player in which the police can't spawn so while they still teleport in, they're now far enough away that it's not immersion breaking. I think this is fair.

Double tap to dodge was something I just learned to avoid when sneaking, but it's a good change. The others I didn't really have a problem with.

I hope there's more to the patch that just these though.

19. BuZeR

BuZeR Member

It is one of those individual experiences may vary titles.

While I enjoyed the 20 hours I put into the game until I hit a phone conversation glitch which killed my save, I was stuck in a main story phone conversation that had no voice and I couldn't progress to the next scripted event. Just locks on the screen and I can't get past, our out, of it. Even rolling back hours of progress ended with me encountering it again.

So while the game can be fun, the crippling bugs (if experienced) will completely ruin any save and ultimately the experience, so from my experience, I would currently say avoid it until the bug roulette is improved.

James086 likes this.
  20. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

I played with everything maxed, but the DLSS on its lowest (highest?) aka best quality setting. The difference between it on / off was a noticeable drop in sharpness but not by much, and not enough to worry me. should have tried nvidia sharpness...