1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I had Panam's sniper which has the same shoot through walls deal but he wouldn't die, just stuck lying on the ground inside it. Pissed me right off.

2. PureFire

PureFire Member

3. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

Video paints a good perspective on how it went so horribly wrong

4. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I thought they were going to try and implement police properly, but it sounds like they are taking the existing cheap and nasty implementation and just putting in a couple lines of code to give you the illusion of being more realistic.

5. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

The jokey tone of that update is very shitty, "hehe we released a fucked up game isn't it funny how the cops spawn!"

6. power

power Member

they have to do something, the police are fucking shit. honestly i think they were an afterthought as a thing. It was clearly a time restraint or something. Personally I don't engage with the cops outside of scripted engagements but I can understand that people would want them in the game and as a functioning city it makes sense for them to be there.

The worst example from my personal playthrough was sitting on top of a bus shelter I sniped someone - cops spawned basically on top of me ON the bus shelter, it was fucking ridiculous. How that kind of behaviour got through I don't know. I would have preferred they ditched them almost entirely over what we got.

jjjc_93 and bart5986 like this.
  7. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

There's not even any point interacting with the cops because you just die if you don't run away or manage to kill them all. There's no GTA style "busted" or respawning at a hospital. You just get forced to load an old save. The wanted levels aren't interesting either. The entire police system is boring or broken and the spawning on top of you is just the icing on the cake that exposes the lack of development even more.

8. power

power Member

yeah i just drive away.

9. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

There was a video showing someone just farming cops by standing in a small balcony facing the wall. He turn around and there would be 2 cops there. Shoot them, then turn back facing the wall, the moment he turn around again the cops would be there again. Rinse and repeat.

10. aphexer

aphexer Member

Take it with a grain of salt.... but....

11. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Small amounts of cut content from the half-complete game they told us would be released "when it was done".

Meh.

12. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

take *what* with a grain of salt? the suggestion that people out there know about the DLC? that video was a waste of bandwidth

13. aphexer

aphexer Member

Going by your response, perhaps I should have worded it as 'don't take it too seriously'.

14. PureFire

PureFire Member

Considering the pace of development since launch and the scope of what needs to be fixed, to bring the game to a state that most people would agree is without issues, a DLC may not even be possible this year.
    Personally I want all the perks/mods/items that currently dont work to be fixed and the mini map to be reworked, yet CDPR havent even mentioned those at all in their patch insight posts.

The alternative is they just push out a DLC this year that also has bugs of its own and the community gets even more frustrated and pissed off.

15. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

Yeah i'm pretty surprised by how few things get a mention in that update

I'm sure patch notes are likely to have hundreds of little fixes for the myriad of issues... but still.. at least a broad mention of 'bug fixes in general' would have put those concerns to rest

Spyder6052 likes this.
  16. stiben

stiben Member

Trizae likes this.
  17. PureFire

PureFire Member

Some items on the list that are highlights for me

Didnt see anything for broken perks/mods/items, nor the minimap while driving.

DangerMaus and Trizae like this.
  18. Ck21

Ck21 Member

wooooooo
    • Enabled Ray Tracing on AMD graphics cards. Latest GPU drivers are required
    those of you running the new 6*00 series cards let us know what your fps is like with this enabled

Trizae likes this.
  19. PureFire

PureFire Member

Just opened steam and the update is downloading. 28.8GB

qwertylesh likes this.
  20. power

power Member

dats quite the update.

Ck21 likes this.