1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

This is what I meant about unrealistic expectations. The level of hyperbole is astounding.

Unframed, fredhoon, D.Frost and 2 others like this.
  2. power

power Member

can recommend the stealth/hacker build this is how i went and yes by the time I finished the game I was overpowered - but I like that. It's the payoff for the "grind".

I was curious if my playstyle would be rewarded and if I'd have to turn into a wrecking machine but was rewarded for hacking and accuracy over brute force. I don't like bullet sponge enemies and that type of enemy is few and far between once you level up.

Going back.... yeah I don't tend to because that's me. To anyone else, I'd still recommend it, it's a vidya game and plays like one. The police were probably the biggest drawback overall, they just felt bolted on.

jjjc_93 likes this.
  3. Sunder

Sunder Member

Bullet sponge you say? I thought you meant sponge bullets. At end game, I was one-shotting elite Militech troops with a revolver, but it was taking too long to reload, so I picked up an HMG one of them dropped. It took about 2/3rds of the belt (About 200 rounds) to take down one enemy with that.

power likes this.
  4. power

power Member

yeah i love that shit, reminds me of F.E.A.R. I was doing the same, that glimpse you get of doing this in that mission with Johnny in the flashback was also heaps of fun. Pistols were great to use in the game.

Sunder likes this.
  5. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

By the end of the game I thought about how it would be good if everyone was dead and they were - thats how broken end game hacking is.

I definitely think it's worth playing for the story and the characterisation (plus the graphics if you have an RTX setup), just go in expecting a GTA3 level city with lots of physics jank and not a modern rockstar game.

bart5986 likes this.
  6. power

power Member

becoming OP isn't broken. If you exploit a glitch that makes you OP for the entire game, that's broken.

while there is jank to be had, being CDPR I didn't expect GTA.

7. PureFire

PureFire Member

The limited perks force you to focus on a few things where eventually every build is overpowered but you wont be overpowered with every weapon/skill at the same time. This in my opinion is where replayability comes in.

8. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

I don't mind being overpowered by the end but it's a matter of degree - with maxed guns you one shot people, with maxed hacking everyone within 50 metres of you just falls over dead.

9. power

power Member

I had nearly upgraded the entire tree on completion. But really focused in on pistols/hacking and shit like that. Goddam it feels good to perk up and then deal out extreme levels of prejudice upon the NPC's of the world. I don't really favour sliding scales of numbers where difficulty remains the same or raises even though you are now a complete bad ass. This does not describe all players expectations, so there's that I guess.

yeah, haha loved it.

Sunder likes this.
  10. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Or just simply shooting through walls. Half way through the game I can snipe everyone in a building without taking a step.

11. PureFire

PureFire Member

I focused one playthrough on hacking and it was a lot of fun initially but I got bored about 3/4 into the story, plus I can run through, kill everything with a shotgun/handgun/rifle and loot in the time it takes to upload hacks and wait for everyone to fall over, which not all enemy do on a single hack (at least on very hard).

12. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I found legendary contagion with crit stacking was one of the most OP builds in the game.

13. Sunder

Sunder Member

Yeah, that's one bug bear I've always had with games. You get better, but so do the enemies, so it always remains the same level of challenge. You want to feel some level of progression. Some games do it pretty well with making it easier to take out enemies, but then give you more enemies, or enemies with variations (in a mech suit, or have immunities to certain attacks), or give you many different ways to take out enemies... But yeah... At the end of the day, what's the point of becoming the most infamous and successful merc in the city, if everyone from the ganger to the elite solider got just as good with you.

14. fredhoon

fredhoon Member

I'll echo the overpowered comments. I like a challenge but also want to feel a reward through game progresse. I went a fairly mixed tree of melee, hacking and base weapons as a back-up. Early game was difficult, mid game a decent challenge with plenty or red enemie areas but late game was a joke. After levelling up my cybergear I went back to do some of the red side missions and they had become trivial which was a shame. I was looking forward to a hit and run challenge with short bursts of time slow and double jumping away to heal but instead I could just walk through a group of enemies randomly slicing without even slowing time, the only annoyance being one shot by a shotgun around the corner or sniper.

I never noticed the broken cops as I tend to play lawful neutral, although it was a bit shit when you go to help them and one accidentally cops a stray bullet or blade and then they all turn on me.

I won't be replaying (not enough time, too many games on my list of shame) however I will respec and run through the various endings with different builds.

15. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I went crafting, mix-maxed all my legendary weapons & armours with the top tier mods then used the perk reset to respec into the perks that my weapons were good in. I could one-shot pretty much everything in the game with the panam silenced sniper that shoots through walls, or take out a dozen enemies in a single magazine of the assault rifle I had.

16. Djuice

Djuice Member

Has CDPR announced when their next major update or DLC would be released?

17. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Pretty sure they've postponed everything until they get to a level of basic acceptability. Isn't it still banned from the playstation store?

18. PureFire

PureFire Member

From what I have heard CDPR have 2 teams, one for DLC and the other for patches/hotfixes
    Their roadmap doesnt specify a date for DLC just some time this year and more next year

19. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Yeah. It's on my list to pick up a dirt cheap second hand physical PS4 copy that I can plonk into the PS5 when they release the free version upgrade "at some point".

20. PureFire

PureFire Member

Someone added a Lambo in the game with glowing wheels :leet:

[​IMG]

Ck21 and FuzwaldQO like this.