Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. itsmydamnation

itsmydamnation Member

Lol I just bought same same fidjit ring for my daughter

2. Azzan

Azzan Member

Cyberpunk 2077 any good? didn't wanna pay full price at the start but I think it's only ~AU$34 now.

3. jekel

jekel Member

I thought it was ok, finished it once and got most of the different endings to happen on that same save. Thought I'd go back try the other characters but kinda cbf. I didn't feel it was mind blowing though and never had that addictive feeling like when I really like a game. I was really pumped for it and had a 3080 at the time, wishing I got the collectors ed that was sold out.............fast forward to now, glad I didn't waste cash on the collectors hahaha.

Currently playing that Metro Exodus Enhanced and I think I like that more. The RTX in this game seems much more amazing that Cyberpunk felt for me.

4. AllezAllez

AllezAllez Member

At that price - hell yeah!

I liked the overall aesthetic design, the story and length of the game. Plenty to do and you can tweak the character for how you want to play. Especially now that the major bugs have been ironed out I think it's solid entertainment for sure.

5. Trizae

Trizae Member

pretty sure i got it for that or $28 or so at launch through a vpn lol but i enjoyed the game mind you same deal is jekel nice viewing it through the 3080/CX was fun had my fill for the game and wouldn't return though once you're done got to see most of the endings and what i needed too needs alot of overhaul to be a darling again. You're doing the smart thing by doing PC from what i've seen of mates playing on console its still a shit show.

Metro Exodus Enhanced may be a much better choice of your time, rtx and monies though

6. micsway123

micsway123 Member

probably a more polished (no pun intended) game but the ray-traced reflections look incredible in cyberpunk

7. micsway123

micsway123 Member

you'll get a lot more hours out of cyberpunk over metro also, get both, I paid cyberpunk at it's worst, much better now with patches.

8. havabeer

havabeer Member

should probably get a 3080 first

9. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Downgrade?

10. PureFire

PureFire Member

I paid full price and got my moneys worth a few times over. I still play it most days of the week. Amazing game

upload_2021-6-9_18-57-1.png

FuzwaldQO and power like this.
  11. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

$34 for a broken game is still $34 more than I'm willing to pay.

Honestly, I'll be happy to pay the full $90 or whatever dollars once they've patched everything and actually delivered what they promised (if ever).

12. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

The only thing broken is your perception of reality.

D.Frost, AllezAllez and fredhoon like this.
  13. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

If you haven't played it already wait 4 years until the super special final edition with all the patches & DLC comes out and is on a 50% off special. It's a broken, buggy mess that isn't even remotely close to be at an acceptable level for a AAAA studio title that's had a billion dollars spent on it (albeit much of that being spent on marketing rather than coders).

I also personally believe it'll never be what CDPR told us it was going to be, and at best it'll just be an 8/10 Cyberpunk Farcry, even after they fix:
    • Bugs.
    • Holes in the map.
    • Sort out the godawful AI.
    • The terrible driving mechanics & NPC driving.
    • The incredibly dumb police mechanics.
    • The lack of basic open world/RPG mechanics like better clothing & car customisation & changing your hair.
    • Expanding the crafting to make it less of a chore.
    • Adding more good missions with nice storylines, options and/or branching quests in DLC rather than more copy-paste "go into a small building and murder everyone" Skyrim/Fallout style radiant quests.
    • Making lifepaths actually mean something by adding in the obviously cut content they removed in order to ship the game for launch that reduces the lifepaths to an irrelevant decision because the game acts like you're a street kid anyway and all the lifepath choices do is give you an extra "Yes, No (Yes), Sarcastic (Yes), Lifepath (Yes), Perk (Yes), Yes but later on" option in dialogue.
    If after doing all that, with four years of patches & content then it'll be worth playing. If.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  14. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

And yet you give DG a 9/10 despite it having most of the same issues. :rolleyes:

15. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Do we really need to go through this all again here? :Pirate:

16. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Just pointing out that you're clearly biased, hyperbolic and people should take your opinion with a bag of salt.

17. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Yes, "bias" is the right word to say about how you've apparently got a game cursed by demons where the "clothing physics" break your immersion 2/10 will not bang where it ran just fine for me with no real bugs to speak of meanwhile 2077 was a janky piece of shit that ran like garbage and where the devs spent years lying to us about what the game was going to be, then released it in a state they knew was broken AND was so poor that it was removed from the playstation store and to my knowledge still hasn't.

Apparently I'm a biased fanboy for a 3rd person zombie game I'd never heard of until a month ago. :lol:

oh also I was playing Mechwarrior 5 and saw this and immediately thought of you and the flying bears you keep seeing in DG :lol:
    M1.jpg
    M2.jpg

18. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Once again you ignore the more serious points i made and focus on something that in your opinion is trivial. Yes the clothing physics broke immersion and it was a minor issue still present after two years, unlike the T posing and Sliding NPC's in this that were patched out after a week.

19. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Yeah and I told you I never had any of the bugs you're complaining and I never even remotely noticed "bad clothes physics" let alone allowed it to "break my immersion" so why would I mark down my score for bugs I didn't get, and why would giving a game a good score make me "biased" as opposed to just giving a game a score I felt it deserved.

20. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Did you "allow" CP2077's bugs to break your immersion? Has it occurred to you that people didn't find CP2077 to be a "broken buggy mess" like you did? There are plenty of issues in DG that are design choices, not bugs. Just like the design choices in CP2077 that you think make it a broken game.