1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

When the secondary characters eyes & clothes move several inches from the rest of his body 5 minutes into the game, or characters start T-Posing, or NPC's vanish if you turn away for a moment, or a vehicle spawns on top of another vehicle and levitates with anti-gravity then explodes, or you get thrown into the air for a mile because you tried to vault through a window, or NPC's start T-Posing, or the cops nuthin personal kid teleport behind you on the edge of a skyscraper or you fall into a hole in the map, or your character ends up pantsless during a cutscene because the game is so buggy it can't handle being given a new clothing item without removing all the others, it's a bit hard for immersion not to be broken. :lol:

If anyone thinks 2077 wasn't a broken buggy mess they're blind. It was a broken buggy mess bad enough to get pulled from the playstation store, and forced CDPR into an apology and to have to offer refunds to people lel.

2. havabeer

havabeer Member

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    ashenIC and AllezAllez like this.
  3. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

4. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

I ignored all the reviews and just played the game when I got it and didn't really find it buggy. Upon playing it again and going for 100% completion it's hard to see past them (particularly as 100% completion wasn't possible due to bugs at the time). Attitude and perspective impact the experience a lot

macktheknife likes this.
  5. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

I enjoyed it and got ~120 hours out of it playing through the game normally and then going through different endings and collecting cars and such for 100% completion. If you are in it for the story telling and character development then I think you will have a good time, if you want a living breathing world full of immersion then I think you'll notice some rather large issues and won't enjoy your time as much. I didn't experience too many bugs when I played, I think I had to restart a mission or 2 and had some T-Posing. My playthrough was straight after release.

It does make me want more from that world though, such a cool universe and I hope the rocky reception to this launch isn't a hurdle to it being explored further in the future.

6. PureFire

PureFire Member

E3 is just around the corner. Hopefully they have more content to release then

7. ashenIC

ashenIC Member

A slightly below average game. Never believe the hype.

8. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

Thanks for sharing your view - the cognitive bias and butthurt in your posts fawning over an objectively broken game that is 50% of what was promised by the developer is entertaining as always :thumbup: :lol:

macktheknife likes this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Member

I'm in this boat. A few issues, but not many that I wouldn't put down to still running a 10 year old 2600k/970GTX. Still had fun on my play through and enjoyed it.

10. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Subjectively...
    Grats on buying into the hype though :thumbup:.

I've hardly fawned over the game in fact I was very blunt about the quality of some of the missions and main storylines as well as the entire shitshow that was JS. Guess you CBF reading.

11. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

It's definitely not as nice on a 980ti as it is on a 3080 and the lack of DLSS on the 980 means the gap between playable levels of detail of the two cards is more of a gaping canyon than a gap

Elmf likes this.
  12. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

CDPR telling everyone their "next generation open world RPG" was finished a year before release and delayed just so they could "make it perfect" only to be a buggy piece of shit that got pulled from stores & required CDPR to directly offer refunds is our fault for buying into the hype. :lol:

13. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Imagine if a game was released on console in a terrible state!

14. Elmf

Elmf Member

I am really enjoying playing this on PC to be honest, great fun...Wish I had a better graphics card though!

Yesterday I had a bug where a whole group of enemies wouldn't take any damage, that made for a suprising fight I had to run away from lol.

There's also still one quest I can't complete as a car never arrives, that's annoying me.

The Delamein quest line finally decided to un-bug itself and let me complete it though, so random.

15. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Your fault for buying into the hype.

16. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I suppose it's also my fault that I expected some of those bugs to be fixed two years later?

17. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Still happy I've left this one to cook in the oven for a while longer yet.

18. Elmf

Elmf Member

It's buggy but....it's still really quite immersive. I get that releasing such a buggy game is a shit move, but it's not "unplayable" in any way shape or form.

SPOILER:

Except for when you get charge weapons in end-game. That shits just OP..... No need to be out of cover anymore.

fredhoon likes this.
  19. PureFire

PureFire Member

I found this today on reddit and love it. It removes the blurriness from DLSS that many people complain about. I run 1440p, RT Ultra, DLSS Quality and the difference this config file edit makes is noticeable. There is a small fps hit about 5-10fps but I thinks its worth it for the image quality improvement.

https://old.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/nyaq59/1440p_dlss_quality_fix/

20. havabeer

havabeer Member

finally downloaded the GOG launcher and added the game.... now having to download 65 gig worth of updates 1.06 to 1.22

FML

Ck21 likes this.