Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. bart5986

bart5986 Member

There is a huge difference between a finished game built on garbage and a half finished game that has some impressive technology and potential of being completed.

Its sad you don't seem to see the difference.

This is especially true given the train wreck of Elite Dangerous and their latest expansion, or the fact that StarBase is P2P networked. You stick with the best option available, it doesn't mean you think its the best thing ever.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  2. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Fixed it for you.

As for Cyberpunk, you said:
    Which is a complete and utter lie. Sure it has some issues, and could have been finished better. It's certainly not perfect. But it's got a Metacritic score of 86. 76% of reviews on Steam are positive. Would that happen if no aspect of the game is functional or completed? Stop being stupid.

Three quarters of the issues could have been avoided if they didn't try to make the game for the older consoles, and put that effort into finishing the PC and new console versions.

D.Frost, Fortigurn and Unframed like this.
  3. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Which is completely ignoring what they currently have, its unfinished and development is slow, but I'd rather that then a finished game that is bad.

Reviews at this point don't really mean anything considering most of the fanbase was giving it good reviews based on the hype and it took a hilarious amount of time for people to admit it was a bad game but the rest of us could see it from a mile away.

Not developing for PS4/Xbox One would have given them some additional development time but it wouldn't have fixed the fact that its built in a flawed way, the best that would offer is some additional bugs fixed.

Lets not forget that the PS4/Xbox One versions had so little development that even the most basic fixes were not applied due to the fact that nobody seemed to even test those versions.

This just sounds like excuses for a fundamentally bad game.

4. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

And yet it's not a bad game. But you keep believing all the silly people that took too long to work out something or other that you waffled on about. It really sounds like you're pumping this line to take focus away from your pet games failings :lol:

I had a great time playing it for over 100 hours. And I'll go back again when there is more content. No bad game here.

Fortigurn likes this.
  5. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I've played Cyberpunk 2077 myself. I couldn't go 1 minute without seeing something embarrassingly bad. Every time I paid attention to anything I could see all the issues, if you zone out and blur your eyes a little you could call it playable.

I'm not saying people aren't allowed to enjoy it, its just full of problems and you would really need to focus on the positive aspects of the game.

At least with something like no mans sky its more of a case of adding features/content, not fixing fundamental problems with the game and engine.

6. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Sounds more like an issue with how you play, rather than the game.
    Something you are apparently unable to do.

Look, I get that you don't like it. But you can say that you don't like without making shit up like in the post you started with today. If no aspect was functional, people couldn't play the game. Which they obviously can.

Fortigurn likes this.
  7. Sunder

Sunder Member

Really? What are you seeing? I've had two playthroughs without any big issues. Occasionally I'd see someone walking half through the ground or driving in Wonder Woman's invisible plane,

upload_2021-8-19_14-36-40.png

but that's not very often - far less often in the second playthrough, though the second playthrough had more people appearing out of thin air when moving quickly (apparently they adjusted when people loaded for performance reasons). I also had an item duplication issue - again only in the first play through. Last one one was the only playability issue I had - the boxing guy did phantom punches from across the boxing ring to knock me out.

I would have said the 3 or 4 hours I spent trying to beat the guy when I didn't know if he could hit me or not was the only issue that affected my playability.

Fortigurn likes this.
  8. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Nothing like the image, most of their work seems to have gone into fixing stuff like that, the problem with that is that it only really helps those who care/encounter those huge bugs.

In the first 10 minutes once you get to the open world you can see poor quality AI and police, NPC pop in, dodgy pathing of NPC's, lack of vehicle physics and cinematics seem to be scripted as placeholders in terms of quality. And in those first 10 minutes you can sit down and after 30 seconds you start to see how poor the world simulation is.

For someone ignoring everything but the campaign, and assuming the story is actually interesting for you, I can see how it would be easy to ignore the problems, but overall the problems I mentioned are very commonly mentioned.

9. madkat

madkat Member

Any early reports about the 1.3 patch? I set it downloading on GoG before leaving for work this morning, I just coincidentally picked it up again this week while waiting for New World and started a fresh corpo playthrough and been having a good time with it. I think one bug I saw was that Johnny was meant to be leaning up against a wall but was 180 degree flipped, other than that no issues. I can see a lot of fixes listed with the patch, sounds like the devs have been busy!

10. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

Reports are they have stepped on the graphics (SSR at night specifically) to boost framerates.

11. MoutainDew

MoutainDew Member

I just wish you can get a flashlight...... There are some parts of the game that are way too dark...... you turn up the gamma / brightness and when you walk out to another part and you end up with bleeding eyes....

12. PureFire

PureFire Member

There is a mod for that, but currently not functional due to the patch and requiring CET which is still being rebuilt for 1.3.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2913

Arasaka Cyberarms has been updated to 1.3 though
    https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1099

13. Trizae

Trizae Member

Too be fair when I first read your post I thought thought you said a 'fleshlight' but because 2077 and sword dildo I didn't even bat an eye

FuzwaldQO, Spyder6052 and Unframed like this.
  14. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

Ok - so I'm about 10 hours into the game now.

First thoughts:

• Story so far is - ok.
    • Finding interacting with the world a bit clunky. Also, so many menus and clicks on the interface etc.
    • Not sure why everyone seems to jizz themselves over the graphics. Lighting and detail on the key storied characters is amazing, but other than that I'd say average at best for a new AAA game.
    • Music is good
    • Game had been completely stable for me so so far. Have seen a number of small bugs (i.e. people sitting in mid air, few t-posing people sliding around, people popping in and out randomly etc). Nothing game-breaking but it does take away from the immersion
    • I will say also that while I like a number of the main characters, I really don't at all like V. Bit of an angsty douchebag is my first impression. Not liking 'myself' does taking away from my care factor a little bit.
    Anyway - will continue and finish the game and see how it wraps up.

15. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

What gender did you pick? I felt like the dialogue suited the female V much, much better

macktheknife likes this.
  16. havabeer

havabeer Member

still a gorgeous game at some points (clair looks a bit shat in this though) there really is a ton of detail.

[​IMG]

Unframed likes this.
  17. PureFire

PureFire Member

Unframed likes this.
  18. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Unless CDPR actually release some mod tools (assuming they even have some useful ones available) I don't think there's going to be much of a mod scene.

19. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

Okie dokie - so have finished my playthrough of Cyberpunk. My thoughts:

- Story is ok. I feel like playing through the story of Johnny would have actually been more interesting, but it wasn't bad. Ending is rough.
    - Soundtrack was fantastic.
    - Graphics are a mixed bag. Some things are gorgeous and really 'next-gen', whereas other things are decidedly 2010.
    - Physics system in the game in general is pretty woeful - like something from 2005. Clunky and broken. Really detracts from the experience for me.
    - To call this an 'RPG' is being super disingenuous. Cyberpunk is as much an RPG as Far Cry. Your choices make no difference except which ending you get.
    - Gameworld feels really empty and unfinished. It feels like it's all a facade with no depth and nothing behind it.
    - Stability wise - not a single crash through my entire playthrough. Lots (and I mean lots) of small bugs and glitches - but nothing that broke the game, just detracted from the immersion (although some were actually amusing).

So, overall - I'm left a bit confused honestly. I've never come across a game this much of a mixed bag.

Did I enjoy it? It's a "If I'm bored and had nothing else to do" kind of level of enjoyment. Very happy I only paid $30 because I feel like that's about fair price for what it is. It's a 4/10 for me.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    bart5986 likes this.
  20. Unframed

Unframed Member

This is a real weird descriptor for an RPG though. Many classics offer choices that don't really affect the greater world around you and some barely change the end either.

I would have said it's as much an RPG as Deus Ex (HR/MD) because the stats system, upgrades and levelling is all pretty similar and the effect you have on the world at large is pretty much the same regardless of your choices.