1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. havabeer

havabeer Member

finished my first play through at level 40. chose the nomads/pam am ending.

ending was OK but nothing special.

I really wish the "mega buildings" where more mega. I kind of envisioned them as mini cities unto them self's. instead they're a fair generic high rise you may see in any capital city.

2. PureFire

PureFire Member

3. PureFire

PureFire Member

aphexer likes this.
  4. Trizae

Trizae Member

wonder what the lack of AVX instructions does in terms of performance?

Found this after 2342323mods and DLSS2.2 etc capped at 30fps or whatever it is is disappointing though

5. PureFire

PureFire Member

6. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

They finally fixed that duplication bug with the special items. I think I had three copies of Silverhands gear by the end of my playthrough.

7. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

just .19 more of version needed by time I play again, should be working mostly on immersion stuff by then, couple with some mods, might be the game I hoped for.

8. omen_child

omen_child Member

I'm waiting out on meaningful DLC/expansions before I jump back in.

I enjoyed the game, but the wait for more content is frustrating.

9. power

power Member

good to see they fixed the fight quest thingy resetting that was bizarre and annoying.

same here, i honestly wish they'd delayed the game 6-12 months because post launch has been not great.

10. Unframed

Unframed Member

This. I love CP77 but listening to rabbid fanboys was really their undoing. Delay all you need to.

11. PureFire

PureFire Member

I imagine this is the reason they are delaying DLC, to get the bugs ironed out with the base game

Unframed likes this.
  12. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

2077 being trash has nothing to do with the fans. CDPR lied to everyone for a year leading up to the release (CDPR said the game was finished in January and the first delay was for "making it perfect", said it ran "surprisingly well" on old consoles, the 2nd delay told us "ready when it's done is something we live by" and "won't ship something when it's not ready", final delay was "make sure every version runs smoothly") and then pushed the game out despite it being broken.

Then once the game launched and CDPR got their money, what did they say? "we should have paid more attention to making it play better, we will fix bugs and crashes and improve the overall experience". Bit of an odd statement to make when you said the game was done a year before and you were just "polishing it to make it perfect" because "we won't ship something when it's not ready'.

If CDPR had any sense of ethics or morals this game wouldn't be out yet. Yes, it would cost money because people would cancel pre-orders, and the executives wouldn't have got their massive bonuses, but the promises they made should have been followed. Instead they lied, rushed out a buggy piece of shit and none of that is on the fans who were duped by CDPR's lies.

leck likes this.
  13. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

I look forward to playing it one day. I'm just steadfast in my resolve to wait until the game is in its best possible state before even buying it and doing my first playthrough. I lose nothing by waiting.

leck likes this.
  14. Unframed

Unframed Member

I get that this is like your catchphrase in this thread but if you don't think public outcry on social media factors into a PM's decision to consider a build "final" then I got news for you.

15. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

It literally doesn't. The only thing they care about is money.

16. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Unless they change their patching policy I don't think its going to change substantially, I would even say it hasn't changed that much from release day if you were lucky enough to avoid the huge bugs the game has.

In other words, I don't think waiting is going to make you enjoy the game anymore then you will, if you dislike how unfinished this game is, waiting won't change that as they aren't planning on implementing anything that would change that.

17. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

If "best possible state" just means with all the DLC and final patches then waiting 5 years for it to be $15 on a steam sale wouldn't be that bad a way to go. I think there's a core of a 7/10 open world FPS in 2077 as it stands, it just has to be fixed to come out. There's not going to be a "Rebuild" like No Mans Sky though.

jjjc_93 likes this.
  18. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Yeah I feel the game really just is what it is at the moment. Continued bugfixes yes, overhaul of the underlying systems in the game no. If you won't enjoy it now you probably never will, but definitely doesn't hurt to wait for a deep sale on the inevitable ce/ultimate edition with bundled dlc for $15. Just like TW3, we will get there eventually.

Resources have been pulling away from bug fixing into the expansion, but still the majority were working on patches in June at least. I'll fire it back up when we get some new story content.

[​IMG]

macktheknife likes this.
  19. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

They've released their game, they've gotten their day 1 sales, they've hurt their rep, and the world has moved on. If they were ever going to commit to 'making the game what it should have been at release' they'd have done it by now. If you think they'll put in the massive work required to deliver on all the broken promises and content you're clinging to a fantasy. CDPR have moved on. Best you can hope for is a few of the original planned features dressed up as DLC.

20. Butcher9_9

Butcher9_9 Member

That's what i plan to do, its what i did with the Witcher series. Got all 3 + expansions for $20-30 and played them back to back.

~4 years to go :)

macktheknife likes this.