1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

I can name a few in this thread who are contradictory to that statement :lol:

2. PureFire

PureFire Member

Trizae likes this.
  3. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Just let it die, stop putting resources into it and focus on the next thing.

4. jekel

jekel Member

Annoying I was waiting for the Witcher RTX upgrade to give it another go.

5. Trizae

Trizae Member

Was going to update this thread shot for doing it! While I enjoyed my time with CP on PC with all the fixins I think at this point they will drop this next gen update with some substantial dlc as well so everything coincides better, better for them to delay it add features that were promised are missing and have a road map to realise what they envisioned

6. power

power Member

yeah i want an expansion pass thingy like TW3 had, really want more content.

Trizae likes this.
  7. Trizae

Trizae Member

glad you agree! It's the easiest game to dogpile on for obvious reasons but from their past history with what they did with TW3 and how much money has been invested outside of the game of cyberpunk it would be the greatest underdog success story of all time if they can make their game even half of whats promised and work on it over the years which is unprecedented imagine all the work which they have done for that multiplayer component unless they scrap all the art assets and make it an original IP thats basically movie money that has been wasted in development (and you know whatever that is is 'next gen'/pc only) some games have succeeded for alot less (no mans sky, fallout 76 etc)

8. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Hopefully the message to investors has gotten through loud and clear, and it sounds like it might have with this delay assuming everything is going well behind the scenes. If they can have a big relaunch event next year with next gen updates and some significant new story DLC then I'm all for it. In the event that it's just a lick of paint for PS5/X and some cosmetics then I will concede that they're dropping the game. Doesn't seem like it would be right move for them though given they would like to replicate the long term figures of TW3 and it will be some years before they can get a new title out.

Trizae likes this.
  9. micsway123

micsway123 Member

I don't believe it's DCL, rather next PS5/XBOX optimised graphics for Cyberpunk and PC optimised graphics for Witcher 3. Happy to be corrected as I would love an excuse to dive back in Cyberpunk.

10. Trizae

Trizae Member

For them to retain any good favour they had from their witcher days as power mentioned from a business stand point the ether they will recieve if its just a simple optimised graphics for Cyberpunk specifically with no dlc that at least adds half of what they promised and story options that actually can affect your ending like the actual cyberpunk pen and paper rpg is then ladies and gentlemen watch the downfall of cdprojektred as a whole.

The people who invested in them and everyone else will never ever invest in cd projekt red again they'll take their benefits from witcher 3 and its next gen and witcher netflix additions then you'll see them selling stock in cd projekt red and lawsuits out of the wazoo

11. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

Translation:

MS and Sony told us there is no way they will let these games pass cert in their current state after the previous debacle, and we know we have six+ months of bug fixing before they will grudgingly let us onto their platform.

12. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

The only comfort I get after CDPR executives/owners/managers ruined this game is that their plans for a multi-billion dollar money spinning GTA Online rip-off are dead in the water.

They burned out too many staff on W3 & 2077, lost too much institutional knowledge and instead of slowing down and living up to their promises they just rushed it out for Christmas and destroyed all the goodwill they built up.

jjjc_93 likes this.
  13. power

power Member

can't argue with this!

macktheknife likes this.
  14. PureFire

PureFire Member

Thats most likely correct. I would have liked them to add at the bottom "DLC is on track for this year as planned", but Im sure they will postpone that too as everything else has slipped by.

15. PureFire

PureFire Member

16. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

Not just DLC, no patches for the rest of the year either. It's done.

17. micsway123

micsway123 Member

I fired it up last week and still found bugs and was disappointed with the performance on my 3080 Ti :(

18. Sunder

Sunder Member

What are you setting it on? on 1440p, it does pretty well, everything ultra or psycho, except DLSS which is on quality. Generally keeps 60-75fps.

Elmf likes this.
  19. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

We'Re DeDiCaTeD tO fIxInG tHe GaMe

havabeer likes this.
  20. omen_child

omen_child Member

I still want the DLC, and really enjoyed the game.

Incredible though, that you could have such an incredible property, so much goodwill and the track record that came with the Witcher III and still mess this up.

They could have delayed another year and just told us "it's not done" and we would have waited with bated breath.