1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberpunk 2077 - Witcher 2 devs

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, May 30, 2012.

1. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Considering that it's still busted in so many places a year (ie, releasing next month) wouldn't have been enough time. 2 or even 3 years was required.

2. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

a from-the-ground-up rebuild on a competent engine would have been the play

3. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Member

$45 on steam at the moment, worth it?

Elmf likes this.
  4. Elmf

Elmf Member

I think so. Great game.

5. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

My view is that anyone who hasn't played it already would be better off waiting until 3 or 4 years down the track once all their patching & DLC/expansions are finished. It's still extremely buggy and for a lot of people this game is a one and done and you might never want to come back to it later if they fix things up+expansions. Also waiting longer might mean you have a better system to play it on.

Drizz06 and James086 like this.
  6. havabeer

havabeer Member

for $45 if you get a few hours of enjoyment out of it you've done better then going to the movies.

7. Sunder

Sunder Member

Just finished a full play through on 1.31 doing a completionist run. I.e. every quest, every achievement. I don't think I noticed a single bug this play through. No invisible cars, no people walking through floors, no crowds suddenly thinning or people vanishing or appearing.

Maybe you just have unstable/incompatible libraries/drivers?

Edit: wait, there was one. I let one of the boxing opponents keep their car, but he still messaged me hoping I was taking good care of it. Hardly game or immersion breaking though.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    Elmf and fredhoon like this.
  8. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

what's your hardware? I went from a 3080 to a 980ti and found there were quite a few more graphics bugs than before, eg NPCs, cars, props popping in/out in an obvious way, bugged lighting, and so on. makes sense given the age of it. overall it was a much more immersive experience on the newer card

9. Sunder

Sunder Member

Yeah, I've got a 8086k running a 3080TI, always running the latest game ready drivers, so that could be a contributing factor.

10. ashenIC

ashenIC Member

What a guy.

11. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Member

12. PureFire

PureFire Member

13. Unframed

Unframed Member

That's a weird vid, the start says this is all rumours then he talks like it's all confirmed definitely happening.

14. PureFire

PureFire Member

Take it as rumour. Its a bit of hopium on his part thats its all definite

15. Urbansprawl

Urbansprawl Member

Some of it is from the earnings call a few days ago so more than just rumour. Their ability to execute is more important than their plans though.

16. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Yeah we need to see some action and movement as opposed to more rumours and promises to investors. It is apparent this game is actually very popular despite the issues. It jumps straight into the top selling list on steam when it gets a discount and recent reviews have trended to Very Positive while the overall from a whopping 400,000 user reviews have it at Mostly Positive. Its 24h concurrent peak is currently at 23,000, similar to TW3. This game is right on the TW3 long term strategy path IMO, next year we need to see a big expansion and further patching to see continued interest. In years to come the game will be looked at very favourably and will be recommended far and wide for people asking for open world games to play. We will remember the technically rocky launch, the under delivered promises and hype train, but much like NMS it will no longer be the big talking points when the game is mentioned. For many this is already starting to happen and the game is obviously being enjoyed by a large audience.

I really hope this game can build a similar dynasty to The Witcher series and become a massive IP for CD-Projekt. Arguably it already is. They have a long way they can take this with dlc and future titles, and hopefully hard lessons have been learnt.

Just forget about ever playing it on your base ps4s or xbones. :p

FuzwaldQO likes this.
  17. omen_child

omen_child Member

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, I hope they build out the open world and fill it with meaningful content in the upcoming expansions. I think they might have started reading their own press in the lead up, and the hype became self-perpetuating. Fans were all caught up in the "it's CDPR, they won't let us down", but what was promised was probably unachievable in any realistic timeframe, for any studio.

Throw that on top of the tendency for everything to get review-bombed out of the gate and it was on odds of a hiding to nothing. I don't remember a big release for the last few years that was met with widespread praise, there's always people having issues with underspec'd hardware, early server issues or some bugs screaming for refunds out of the gate. It's probably not until 3-6 months pass that games get a fair rating.

Seems like anything with lower specs has issues - trying to cater to everything was probably a huge mistake in the scheme of things. I wonder how much of the content was removed, shelved or compromised to try and maximise the market size?

jjjc_93 likes this.
  18. PureFire

PureFire Member

h2oxide and Drizz06 like this.
  19. Unframed

Unframed Member

That is well cool!

As an aside I was like holy shit, CP77 mods, started browsing and found this. Doesn't appear to be a joke.

upload_2021-12-20_10-35-59.png

jjjc_93 likes this.
  20. PureFire

PureFire Member

Yeah it runs, modders are so freaking smart, but I wouldnt expect it to be great.